ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
About five. Nine from the 3-box.
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Instructions for USSR and France:
Naval move
USSR: TRS loaded with 5-3 INF to Varna in Bulgaria
Rail move
USSR: ARM HQ from Moscow area to NE of Odessa [57,56]
France: INF (from St-Nazaire) to Paris
Land move
Too many to write instructions.
But what I suggest, is that CW debarks one unit to Antwerp and moves 2x MOT to Brussles. Rebasing fighters to Belgium is very good idea.
See French plans in picture (INF in woods goes to Paris, I changed my mind). France gets 2 full stacks to Belgium (with AA gun and AT gun) and ART is covering them.
I can continue tomorrow if you do your land moves and then send save file to me with instructions.
France will move their troops in Italian border so that they can send next impulse one more INF. Communist Chinese will move 2 units to east to cover hex NW of Chengchow next impulse.
Things are not looking that bad after assault in Antwerp failed.
Any thoughts? Except that we hope weather turns worse [;)]

Naval move
USSR: TRS loaded with 5-3 INF to Varna in Bulgaria
Rail move
USSR: ARM HQ from Moscow area to NE of Odessa [57,56]
France: INF (from St-Nazaire) to Paris
Land move
Too many to write instructions.
But what I suggest, is that CW debarks one unit to Antwerp and moves 2x MOT to Brussles. Rebasing fighters to Belgium is very good idea.
See French plans in picture (INF in woods goes to Paris, I changed my mind). France gets 2 full stacks to Belgium (with AA gun and AT gun) and ART is covering them.
I can continue tomorrow if you do your land moves and then send save file to me with instructions.
France will move their troops in Italian border so that they can send next impulse one more INF. Communist Chinese will move 2 units to east to cover hex NW of Chengchow next impulse.
Things are not looking that bad after assault in Antwerp failed.
Any thoughts? Except that we hope weather turns worse [;)]

- Attachments
-
- 3Belgium.jpg (484.55 KiB) Viewed 370 times
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Okay, I'll let you do the French land moves. The RN ships are going to the 2-box under air cover. No point taking unnecessary risks. I don't think the attack will be on Antwerp but Brussels.
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Question about rules:
French CP's were lost in West Med. If there is CW CP at the end of the turn in West Med, can France use oil in Syria to reorganize units in France?
French CP's were lost in West Med. If there is CW CP at the end of the turn in West Med, can France use oil in Syria to reorganize units in France?
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
ORIGINAL: AllenK
Okay, I'll let you do the French land moves. The RN ships are going to the 2-box under air cover. No point taking unnecessary risks. I don't think the attack will be on Antwerp but Brussels.
That is what I think too.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Looks good enough, especially if the rain keeps up (storms or blizzard is OK too). Germany can't get through you, except when they blow an offensive, I think. The only thing I don't like is seeing a French HQ in the frontlines...
Peter
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
If you keep Belgian fighter in Belgium, you can use it as front bomber if you are planning to send defensive ground support to Brussels.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
ORIGINAL: Centuur
Looks good enough, especially if the rain keeps up (storms or blizzard is OK too). Germany can't get through you, except when they blow an offensive, I think. The only thing I don't like is seeing a French HQ in the frontlines...
I know. In rain other units were not available.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer
Question about rules:
French CP's were lost in West Med. If there is CW CP at the end of the turn in West Med, can France use oil in Syria to reorganize units in France?
Hopefully.
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
If Germany sends planes to Antwer and/or Brussels, will you intercept? Or are you online now and see the situation when it comes?
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Will see what they send but will probably have to have a go.
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Intercept with Belgian fighter and save Hurricane to protect/intercept ground support?
Not really know what is smartest thing to do.
Not really know what is smartest thing to do.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
There are that many escorts to pounce on it and it would be starting at -2, I think it's a bit all or nothing and hope for the best.
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
This did not come to mind in our impulse, but CW could have rebased Spirfire to France to protect Brussels.
France asks CW to sacrifice some of their pilots/planes to slow down Germans. If Brussels holds this impulse, we will win the war [;)]
If CW places worst plane to front (Fairey) others can abort if it's shot down. If you get really lucky, one bomber gets through. If CW does not send bombers, people of France understands it well.
France asks CW to sacrifice some of their pilots/planes to slow down Germans. If Brussels holds this impulse, we will win the war [;)]
If CW places worst plane to front (Fairey) others can abort if it's shot down. If you get really lucky, one bomber gets through. If CW does not send bombers, people of France understands it well.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
If Germany enters Brussels, I would advise the CW to evacuate the Belgian Corps out of Antwerp to the UK (if there is still an organised TRS available). The London MIL can be rebuild, while the Belgians will simply disappear from the map during conquest if they are still in Antwerp.
The CW is short on INF anyway and the Belgians can function for garrison duty in the UK, freeing up another CW unit for duty elsewhere...
The CW is short on INF anyway and the Belgians can function for garrison duty in the UK, freeing up another CW unit for duty elsewhere...
Peter
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer
This did not come to mind in our impulse, but CW could have rebased Spirfire to France to protect Brussels.
France asks CW to sacrifice some of their pilots/planes to slow down Germans. If Brussels holds this impulse, we will win the war [;)]
If CW places worst plane to front (Fairey) others can abort if it's shot down. If you get really lucky, one bomber gets through. If CW does not send bombers, people of France understands it well.
I was mindful of Hugh Dowding's words about squandering the strength of the RAF and also wanted to keep an escort potential for defending Antwerp.
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
ORIGINAL: Centuur
If Germany enters Brussels, I would advise the CW to evacuate the Belgian Corps out of Antwerp to the UK (if there is still an organised TRS available). The London MIL can be rebuild, while the Belgians will simply disappear from the map during conquest if they are still in Antwerp.
The CW is short on INF anyway and the Belgians can function for garrison duty in the UK, freeing up another CW unit for duty elsewhere...
Good idea, thanks. There is a TRANS available.
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer
This did not come to mind in our impulse, but CW could have rebased Spirfire to France to protect Brussels.
France asks CW to sacrifice some of their pilots/planes to slow down Germans. If Brussels holds this impulse, we will win the war [;)]
If CW places worst plane to front (Fairey) others can abort if it's shot down. If you get really lucky, one bomber gets through. If CW does not send bombers, people of France understands it well.
Well, I'm not sure I'd have braved it but it came off, so good call.
- Jagdtiger14
- Posts: 1685
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:58 pm
- Location: Miami Beach
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
Very gutsy call flying in those CW bombers like that! Back to normal now...
In China...I was really worried about the Japanese army advancing towards and into the Kweichow basin...that weak Chinese CAV and its ZOC would not have been enough. When I saw the lead Jap elements making a U-turn to attack that city I was relieved. Now with the bad attack roll and everything flipped, you can set up a better blocking defense. Whew!
If I were Warspite, I would be so frustrated with the dice...he should take another look at 2d10 and its bell curve. He rolled a 9 on his next roll, so if it had been 2d10, the die result would have been a '12'.
In China...I was really worried about the Japanese army advancing towards and into the Kweichow basin...that weak Chinese CAV and its ZOC would not have been enough. When I saw the lead Jap elements making a U-turn to attack that city I was relieved. Now with the bad attack roll and everything flipped, you can set up a better blocking defense. Whew!
If I were Warspite, I would be so frustrated with the dice...he should take another look at 2d10 and its bell curve. He rolled a 9 on his next roll, so if it had been 2d10, the die result would have been a '12'.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
- Mayhemizer_slith
- Posts: 9600
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)
ORIGINAL: AllenK
ORIGINAL: Centuur
If Germany enters Brussels, I would advise the CW to evacuate the Belgian Corps out of Antwerp to the UK (if there is still an organised TRS available). The London MIL can be rebuild, while the Belgians will simply disappear from the map during conquest if they are still in Antwerp.
The CW is short on INF anyway and the Belgians can function for garrison duty in the UK, freeing up another CW unit for duty elsewhere...
Good idea, thanks. There is a TRANS available.
I would say now you should move Belgian INF to Brussels and bring new troops to Antwerp.
France is more than thankful for brave soldiers of CW!!!
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-Murphy's war law
-Murphy's war law



