An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Me no understand...
Well, the combat report was a snooze fest, but Raver's move was actually a lot better than that. I'll let him post the results - disappointed it wasn't a CV raid, but oh well.
My cvl group has entered the indian ocean and that part of dandriff is racing ahead wonderfully. Of course, the other two parts are lagging somewhat (in fact, one third is at least a week from completion). And stage two of dandriff - well as Doomed knows - the timing is out of my hands).
However, normal operations are proceeding apace, especially in China where I've kicked Raver's chinese rabble out of Hangchow, and will be chasing them down to make sure they don't get a chance to stand at Wuchow (I culled another 2500 of them this turn).
I'm not sure if my invasion at menado is going to work without reinforcements - not too happy about the stall there. I need the entirety of that island under my control to properly starve the southern part of Borneo out.
My cvl group has entered the indian ocean and that part of dandriff is racing ahead wonderfully. Of course, the other two parts are lagging somewhat (in fact, one third is at least a week from completion). And stage two of dandriff - well as Doomed knows - the timing is out of my hands).
However, normal operations are proceeding apace, especially in China where I've kicked Raver's chinese rabble out of Hangchow, and will be chasing them down to make sure they don't get a chance to stand at Wuchow (I culled another 2500 of them this turn).
I'm not sure if my invasion at menado is going to work without reinforcements - not too happy about the stall there. I need the entirety of that island under my control to properly starve the southern part of Borneo out.
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



- DoomedMantis
- Posts: 1357
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Sydney, Australia
RE: Me no understand...
The big question remains though, and thats, wheres my turn?
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.
- Shakespeare
- Shakespeare
- LargeSlowTarget
- Posts: 5085
- Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: Hessen, Germany - now living in France
RE: Me no understand...
ORIGINAL: Rendova
ORIGINAL: sven6345789
[...]
I am german, and if there is one thing we know better than starting world wars, it is beer!!![:-]
You got no problem staring them its the finshing part you stumble on.
![]()
Well, drinking beer and starting world wars have something in common - in the beginning you feel happy and content, then you become boastful and overconfident and start to do silly things, but do not realize that the mechanics for your eventual downfall are already at work behind the scenes, and before you know, you find yourself on your knees with a terrible headache, regretting and promising not to do it again - but sooner or later you will... [;)]
RE: Me no understand...
ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget
ORIGINAL: Rendova
ORIGINAL: sven6345789
[...]
I am german, and if there is one thing we know better than starting world wars, it is beer!!![:-]
You got no problem staring them its the finshing part you stumble on.
![]()
Well, drinking beer and starting world wars have something in common - in the beginning you feel happy and content, then you become boastful and overconfident and start to do silly things, but do not realize that the mechanics for your eventual downfall are already at work behind the scenes, and before you know, you find yourself on your knees with a terrible headache, regretting and promising not to do it again - but sooner or later you will... [;)]
Good analogy
RE: Me no understand...
Hi, guys. I've been away for two months and am just getting back. So, did Operation Dandriff kick off while I was away?
No?
Not surprised. The whole thing was a sham
I'll check back in another two months . .
.
.
[>:]
No?
Not surprised. The whole thing was a sham
I'll check back in another two months . .
.
.
[>:]

RE: Me no understand...
Well I sent in a bombardment TF to hit Kendari, and although it was a clean strike, the actually results of the shelling were disapointing, but I guess when most of the TF is made up of DDs there is not much more that you can do.
banananananana boy's dandy fleet has forced the straits of Malacca (bugger I should have mined it earlier) and is now free to cause terror and mayhem in the Indian Ocean. But I have made sure that there are no targets for him to really hit, so Luskan will be simply burning oil and wasting bombs[:D].
banananananana boy's dandy fleet has forced the straits of Malacca (bugger I should have mined it earlier) and is now free to cause terror and mayhem in the Indian Ocean. But I have made sure that there are no targets for him to really hit, so Luskan will be simply burning oil and wasting bombs[:D].

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
SRA
Hi, I don't wish to hijack the thread but I don't want to start a new one either.
PBEM game Dadman Japan-Mogami Allies Dec 22 1941
Wake Island fought off the Naval Guard Unit that landed on Dec 7th. The Japanese return with the South Sea Detachment a few weeks later but in the mean time I've reinforced Wake with another USMC Defense Bn. (IJN CV catch and sink most of the reinforcement TF on way back to Pearl)
Air War status
A2A 95-74
DOG 201-0
AA 17-50
Ops 12-36
Total 325-160
Sortie 8,068-37,064
Material removed from SRA to date.
100,000k fuel
100,000k oil
100,000k resource.
PBEM game Dadman Japan-Mogami Allies Dec 22 1941
Wake Island fought off the Naval Guard Unit that landed on Dec 7th. The Japanese return with the South Sea Detachment a few weeks later but in the mean time I've reinforced Wake with another USMC Defense Bn. (IJN CV catch and sink most of the reinforcement TF on way back to Pearl)
Air War status
A2A 95-74
DOG 201-0
AA 17-50
Ops 12-36
Total 325-160
Sortie 8,068-37,064
Material removed from SRA to date.
100,000k fuel
100,000k oil
100,000k resource.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
RE: SRA
I just noticed this posted from luskan above:
I am guessing that the shots were divided between troops and ships.
Anyone know how the game determines what percentage to use for firing at the ships and what percentage is used against the troops on the beach?
Coastal Guns at Menado, 39,67, firing at TF 95
TF 95 troops unloading over beach at Menado, 39,67
1200 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
CL Kashima
PG Keijo Maru
PG Choan Maru #2
PG Takunan Maru #10
PG Seikai Maru, Shell hits 2
PG Heijo Maru
Japanese ground losses:
335 casualties reported
I am guessing that the shots were divided between troops and ships.
Anyone know how the game determines what percentage to use for firing at the ships and what percentage is used against the troops on the beach?

RE: SRA
actually since most of the 1200 are smaller "arms" fire (mortars included I think) most of them hit the troops disembarking rather than the ships. Ships really really need to beware when there is a bunch of big guns in the cd unit and they aren't unloading troops (because then they get 1200 shots aimed at them).
As for the doubters in the peanut gallery - yes, you Byron13 - the three seperate "prongs" of Dandriff have been "go" for days and days now. Only one of those prongs (Admiral yamata and his group that just refulled at Alor Star and pushed off into the indian ocean) has been spotted by Raver. The reason you haven't seen the other two, is because Raver's float planes are crap (and that my ships are out of range). You can't sail across the pacific in an afternoon (although I swear one of my big cv groups seems to be moving at half speed).
I estimate 2 weeks before prong 2 of Dandriff crashes home and causes Raver a blood clot, and prong 3 - well it is one of those "who knows" sort of things. Hopefully if 1 and 2 and 3 come off properly I'll have done what the japanese should have done at the outset of WW2.
In the meantime my subs at pearls are dodging depth charges permanently. Raver's ASW groups get better and better and they're throwing the damned things around like confetti. If it wasn't so close to pearl I'd be trying to pull my subs back. However I'm waiting for wounded bbs . . .
In other news, Menado fell to my victorious troops who slaughter a couple of thousand more infidels and planted the imperial flag on the last base on Sulawesi. The entire island (like Mindanao) is MINE MINE MINE!. Now for Leyte, Borneo, Luzon, java, and Australia.
There are a few sideshow ops on in China at the moment - aimed at routing the last of Raver's madly fleeing chinese (either they'll flee to Wuchow - or they'll get caught in Kweilin, in which case they'll be slaughtered - Raver already has a big army at Wuchow, so the remnants of his big armies will be safe there, assuming he can overland supply them).
After the nasty shock my apratroops got last week I don't think I'll go near Wuchow for a while yet.
Admiral Yamada sent me a message that his cv group has docked and refuelled and resupplied at Alor Star, and now with a full loadout and fuel tank, he's off to find some trouble in the indian ocean. Raver things I don't know where he has parked all his ships. Fortunately for me, I havea couple of tankers nearby to refuel - and my army will soon capture Moulmein and yield yet more fuel and supply for my cv group. There certainly isn't anything on the British OOB that can stand against them so they'll have lots of fun.
Meanwhile, my two "large" cv groups are on alert. They are ready to dash out and dismember Raver's equal sized but far less experienced CV group of 3 cvs (I've got my cvs ready to go at a moments notice. Of course, if Raver has all three cvs sitting back at san francisco I'm going to be snotty, because I could have them ranging around the place out to sink Raver's transports (at darwin and perth).
As for the doubters in the peanut gallery - yes, you Byron13 - the three seperate "prongs" of Dandriff have been "go" for days and days now. Only one of those prongs (Admiral yamata and his group that just refulled at Alor Star and pushed off into the indian ocean) has been spotted by Raver. The reason you haven't seen the other two, is because Raver's float planes are crap (and that my ships are out of range). You can't sail across the pacific in an afternoon (although I swear one of my big cv groups seems to be moving at half speed).
I estimate 2 weeks before prong 2 of Dandriff crashes home and causes Raver a blood clot, and prong 3 - well it is one of those "who knows" sort of things. Hopefully if 1 and 2 and 3 come off properly I'll have done what the japanese should have done at the outset of WW2.
In the meantime my subs at pearls are dodging depth charges permanently. Raver's ASW groups get better and better and they're throwing the damned things around like confetti. If it wasn't so close to pearl I'd be trying to pull my subs back. However I'm waiting for wounded bbs . . .
In other news, Menado fell to my victorious troops who slaughter a couple of thousand more infidels and planted the imperial flag on the last base on Sulawesi. The entire island (like Mindanao) is MINE MINE MINE!. Now for Leyte, Borneo, Luzon, java, and Australia.
There are a few sideshow ops on in China at the moment - aimed at routing the last of Raver's madly fleeing chinese (either they'll flee to Wuchow - or they'll get caught in Kweilin, in which case they'll be slaughtered - Raver already has a big army at Wuchow, so the remnants of his big armies will be safe there, assuming he can overland supply them).
After the nasty shock my apratroops got last week I don't think I'll go near Wuchow for a while yet.
Admiral Yamada sent me a message that his cv group has docked and refuelled and resupplied at Alor Star, and now with a full loadout and fuel tank, he's off to find some trouble in the indian ocean. Raver things I don't know where he has parked all his ships. Fortunately for me, I havea couple of tankers nearby to refuel - and my army will soon capture Moulmein and yield yet more fuel and supply for my cv group. There certainly isn't anything on the British OOB that can stand against them so they'll have lots of fun.
Meanwhile, my two "large" cv groups are on alert. They are ready to dash out and dismember Raver's equal sized but far less experienced CV group of 3 cvs (I've got my cvs ready to go at a moments notice. Of course, if Raver has all three cvs sitting back at san francisco I'm going to be snotty, because I could have them ranging around the place out to sink Raver's transports (at darwin and perth).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
RE: SRA
Heyho, Luskan. Can't wait until I fix my wonky email! I'm eager to hear how many subs you have lost to date against Raver's allied ASW. How many subs have your little men bagged while you are at it?


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
RE: SRA
It is interesting to note that the CVs are being used as I suspected they would in the game, and that is not in the uber CV TFs as we see in UV.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- DoomedMantis
- Posts: 1357
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Sydney, Australia
RE: SRA
In my game against Luskan, I have sunk around 12 of his subs so far, and he has sunk 4 of mine, but I am being more careful with my subs
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.
- Shakespeare
- Shakespeare
RE: SRA
Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen a us sub miss an attack yet. No dud torps, nothing. Might have to test that up a bit.
Very quiet turn this one - I killed 500 of Raver's troops in China. That is about it. He tried to bomb my Kongo and escorts as they slipped south between borneo and Java - but no love there.
Very quiet turn this one - I killed 500 of Raver's troops in China. That is about it. He tried to bomb my Kongo and escorts as they slipped south between borneo and Java - but no love there.
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



RE: SRA
ORIGINAL: Luskan
As for the doubters in the peanut gallery - yes, you Byron13 - the three seperate "prongs" of Dandriff have been "go" for days and days now.
Yeah, yeah. And the check is in the mail. [;)]
I hope you all play long enough for Operation Dandriff to actually unfold. That's my real concern. If so, then we can see Luskan's second and third shoe hit the ground, attacking the Allies "like a vicious jack rabbit."






