OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

adarbrauner
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:40 am
Location: Zichron Yaaqov, Israel; Before, Treviso, Italy

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by adarbrauner »

Are you starting the AAR any soon?
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Are you starting the AAR any soon?

Are you saying stalling isn't working for you anymore? Crap. I was afraid of this. I'm actually going to have to do something, aren't I?

User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert
Is that unusual?
That you had a girlfriend? Yes. [:'(]
Image
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I know there's a lot of train set freaks here. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR5dEc5VeNw

User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Are you starting the AAR any soon?

Are you saying stalling isn't working for you anymore? Crap. I was afraid of this. I'm actually going to have to do something, aren't I?


Well you could say that I was right and that you concede as you really feel you can't beat me. [:D]
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I know there's a lot of train set freaks here. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR5dEc5VeNw

Nice, didn't watch it all, maybe later when have more time. IIRC the 'Big Boy' was really only produced because of WWII demands. It was neither very reliable, nor efficient.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Are you starting the AAR any soon?

Are you saying stalling isn't working for you anymore? Crap. I was afraid of this. I'm actually going to have to do something, aren't I?


Well you could say that I was right and that you concede as you really feel you can't beat me. [:D]


Awe, don't tell me this isn't happening. I was looking forward to it.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

It's happening. Never fear, gorn are here.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

If you are a gorn and are contemplating battle against a formidable opponent such as AW1Steve, do not be dismayed. As you make your plans, listen to this music, it is a song about your destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk

If, however you are AW1Steve fretting about facing a gorn, you might do well to listen to this music as you plan your retreats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfM7Y9Pcdzw

For some reason they keep getting the end of that wrong. I will have to start my own orchestra.

User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rustysi »

For the first bit, I need something more 'marshall'.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

For the first bit, I need something more 'marshall'.[:D]
Oh, you mean something like this?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v1Ikh6-9zA

But if you want some nice military music, the search word is "martial" (not to be confused with "marital")
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rustysi »

No for the music. But yes you're correct martial is what I meant.

Stop reading what I wrote and start reading what I meant. Oh, and get off my lawn.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rustysi »

This is what I meant for the music.[:D]

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... ypse%20now
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I know there's a lot of train set freaks here. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR5dEc5VeNw

My father was into trains. He has a bunch of steam locomotive builder's plates in his garage. Some of them are worth some cash now.

The Big Boy was sort of the extreme evolution of the type and diesels were on the horizon at the end. There is something about steam locomotives that diesels lack. I realized that when I went to the Tehachapi Loop with my father to get pictures of the SP 4449 as it went though. There is something very primal about a steam locomotive pulling a grade that is ho hum with a diesel.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Let me put in a plug for the Museum of Transportation here. See it. Nearby is Laumeier Sculpture Park which is worth a walk for the exercise.

User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Let me put in a plug for the Museum of Transportation here. See it. Nearby is Laumeier Sculpture Park which is worth a walk for the exercise.
I would like to put in a plug for outlets. Without them, plugs would have no purpose.
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Grounded, preferably. Ground fault even better.

Will_L
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NYC-Queens

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Will_L »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

This is what I meant for the music.[:D]

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... ypse%20now

Hmm, the theme from "F Troop" plays when I start ordering units around in game.
was Will_L for a while.
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

For many it's "McHale's Navy"

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

We interrupt this important broadcast for the following urgent message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8krJGm_L__Y

Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”