ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
Correct. Search sectors are map relative.
Reminds me of Harpoon...
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
Correct. Search sectors are map relative.

ORIGINAL: Dili
Correct. Search sectors are map relative.
no good!

ORIGINAL: Fishbed
I still don't understand some of your moves boss. You sacrified unvaluable assets to a quite hazardous strike while you could have sent the Kongs bombard the crap out of Henderson field...
A6M2 Zero x 34 vs F4F-4 Wildcat x 117.
Yes, but I was referring to the way it did in real...ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Fishbed
I still don't understand some of your moves boss. You sacrified unvaluable assets to a quite hazardous strike while you could have sent the Kongs bombard the crap out of Henderson field...
"Bombard the crap out of" doesn't work the way it did in stock.
ORIGINAL: Fishbed
Yes, but I was referring to the way it did in real...
Yes, but I was referring to the way it did in real...
Well maybe we're not understanding each other. Searches from AE task forces always originate from the TF, but the search sectors are absolute not relative to the heading of the TF, but to the map degree heading from the TF. Based on the data I have, this is how both USN and IJN did things in 1942. If you have another understanding please share.
ORIGINAL: Dili
What was the idea of depleting the fleet fighter force making a sweep at Lunga before the carrier battle?
ORIGINAL: Dili
Napoleon says one enemy at each time.[:D]
I think concentrating the carriers would just have increased the damage - that is why I split them up!ORIGINAL: jimh009
After seeing the results of this battle, since the Allied SBD's and Avengers seemed to break cleanly through the CAP screen, do you think the battle might have gone better to have had your carriers more concentrated (perhaps 2 CV's per TF) instead of 1 CV per TF? This would allow for more AA per TF. The Allied player had very few losses of their bombers...so it seems that the Jap AA wasn't very effective.