Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

So um.....this is the end of T62 and these are the missions for the aircraft. It's hard to push the aircraft harder when there aren't any
targets to hit. And there's an ME-109 unit at an airfield that has an AA unit on it and I don't want to airfield attack the field when the
AA unit is there so I'm setting up all kinds of AS missions hoping that he'll come up to play and I can shoot him down.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (328.07 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the expected reinforcements for T62 and during T64 there seems to be two aircraft units w/ almost the same name. Is this some
cute trick to swap out the type of plane? Or something?

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (237.55 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the new front lines now: I'm pushing slowly north units go out and convert hexes until they run out of supply and then they
trek back to Rome to refuel and they go back out and do the same. The rail is getting longer reaching from Anzio, it's almost to Rome.
I'm wondering if I should repair the railroad up the west coast or should I repair across country. The last few supply points were in ports
so I'm guessing I should repair up the coast looking for the next supply point. If there is one. Somewhere.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (493.55 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's T64's front lines. Same story as last turn.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (346.99 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

In T65 I get a Polish Division. I'll put them to work on the east coast I guess.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (267.15 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
sPzAbt653
Posts: 10161
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:11 am
Location: east coast, usa

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by sPzAbt653 »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
And turn 54 is attached to this post. Just truncate off the dot txt from the end of the filename and you should have the save file.
Doesn't seem to work for some reason. [:@]
So um....what is it exactly that isn't working? It isn't showing up as a file to choose, or you can't truncate off the dot txt from the
filename? It won't load right in TOAW? It causes a blue screen of death? Can't download the file?

Have you tried to do a "save as" on the link and THEN maybe it doesn't work? I need more data to compute the cause of the
problem. Do I need to reattach it to the post? Do I need to give you a different turn? Actually maybe we should try that.

EDIT: I just clicked on the link to give the filename display then did a "save link as" and saved it as a text file with a really long
mathematical name: A6J9B45593DC93B.txt or sometlhing like that. Then I changed the dot txt on the end to dot sal and
loaded it into TOAW and it worked just fine. I really don't know what problemo you're having.

Ok, I was doing something wrong. I followed your instructions and got it, thanks !
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's T67's front lines. Still pressing north and I'm nearing the Gothic Line and I think that's where all the Germans are.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (478.47 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

The 5th Polish Division is getting close to the first Germans in quite a while but I can't start a fight because the supply level is too low
to support that.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (384.18 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the T70 front lines. I'm running into Germans finally. I've got to build more rail to allow combat though.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (386.55 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by Zovs »

Larry,
TOAW Scenario Viewer program

Yeah that is what I was after. If I could get a copy that would be great.

Let me rip though a few of the tutorials again, I used to play the crap out of this back in '98-04'ish and then (or whenever) Matrix re-released it for a few months prior to me taking a break to play-test GG WITE.

Cheers.
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's a zipped up file that contains the TOAW Scenario Viewer, the entire directory for it. I'm pretty sure you can just unzip this
bad boy and be ready to go. I added a dot txt to the end of the filename just so I could post it here. Just truncate off the dot txt
from the filename and unzip it.
Attachments
TOAWIIIS..ewer.zip.txt
(269.46 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the TOAW Equipment Editor. Same story as above, just truncate off the dot txt and unzip it.
Attachments
TOAWIIIE..itor.zip.txt
(42.14 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

T72's front lines. I've run into some patch of area that doesn't have any supply at all and so I'm going to have to put the war on hold
until I can get some supply to the units. The supply line running along the west coast is getting longer but still has a long way to go.
The rail from Taranto doesn't go to the east coast so I'm having to construct a rail line going from Rome to the east coast and that's
going to take a while. It's a long way.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (463.45 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

I finally made it to the suburbs of Florence. Supply is intollerably low here and the war is going to be put on hold for a couple of turns
so the rail can lengthen a bit.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (421.63 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what supply looks like on the West coast.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (385.82 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what supply looks like on the East coast. None at all. Unacceptable.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (360.64 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

You know it just occured to me that one of my readers might want to run this scenario through a time or two. So I'm attaching the
scenario to this post. Equipment File and Graphics and everything. Just truncate the dot txt off the end of the filename and unzip
this bad boy.
Attachments
Sicilyto..v653.zip.txt
(257.88 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here lately I've had just about everybody on INT missions and that's because there's precious little combat going on that would need CS
and I've got 2 or 3 squadrons of P-38's on AS for contingencees and that leaves everybody else for INT and it's wrecking the German
war effort. Almost everything that moves on the German side gets some INT attention. I haven't seen very many German units
evaporating but it's a thing that does happen from time to time.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (355.09 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the front lines on the West coast now:

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (420.53 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43079
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's how the West coast looks in T76: More and more Germans are showing up at the Arno River area. I may have to ship in some
more troops to hold the line here.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (421.78 KiB) Viewed 340 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”