Quite a while back, I had the impression that they did not and gave that advice to someone who asked. JWE saw that and corrected me. I made a point to observe some situations in-game to make sure I could see that in operation, and I definitely can. I've had some places (to remain nameless! [:D]) where loading/unloading was going at a certain pace without either type of support present. Then, after putting in a small BF with some Naval Support squads, I was able to clearly see that they do make a difference. [8D]ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
ORIGINAL: witpqs
No. What I am saying is that Nav Support do indeed aid in loading and unloading.ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
That happens in stock. In DBB you need Shore Party squads, which are different from Nav Support Squads
Edit to add: Devices (squads) with Shore Party ability also help with loading and unloading, but do not have the other Nav Support abilities.
Oh really? I must have misunderstood the whole shore party function so... Thanks for the explanation mate!
Hairy Asian Experiences - GreyJoy (J) vs. Q-Ball (A)
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Augustine summer wine
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
RE: Augustine summer wine
The trouble I see is that all of your units are far forward deployed. So, unless a withdrawal is well synchronized there will be lots of units cut off or at least running for it and very vulnerable.ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
I'm foreseeing a new attempt to break my lines in Burma.
As you can see from the screenshot, the allies are creating 3 brand new vectors of advance. I stripped the whole Burma theatre with 3 Divisions in the last 6 months... i think now it's time to give up some ground somewhere...but where?
![]()
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
RE: Augustine summer wine
Very true. A synchronized retreat is possible. the question is: is advisable?
How many divisions will he need to break my lines? Hard to tell... but i think my guys are pretty well dug in...some have forts level 5 in the jungle!... but i need to take a decision... that deployment had let me keep the whole Burma japanese well into 1943, so i cannot complain....
How many divisions will he need to break my lines? Hard to tell... but i think my guys are pretty well dug in...some have forts level 5 in the jungle!... but i need to take a decision... that deployment had let me keep the whole Burma japanese well into 1943, so i cannot complain....
RE: Augustine summer wine
ORIGINAL: witpqs
The trouble I see is that all of your units are far forward deployed. So, unless a withdrawal is well synchronized there will be lots of units cut off or at least running for it and very vulnerable.ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
I'm foreseeing a new attempt to break my lines in Burma.
As you can see from the screenshot, the allies are creating 3 brand new vectors of advance. I stripped the whole Burma theatre with 3 Divisions in the last 6 months... i think now it's time to give up some ground somewhere...but where?
![]()
Ok, i came up with a plan for Burma. I'll reinforce a bit the eastern sector. just enough to repulse his next push, while i'll start moving back from Akyab. I think Akyab can be abbandoned by now. i've held it for a very long time and this is already a victory. Ramree Is. Will be reinforced. The reinforced division which is actually holding Akyab will be moved back to Rangoon and then, from there, to Thailand.
The next move will be to abbandon Mitikyna and Wazrup and fall back to Katha. As long as i keep my perimeter in the jungle, i can hold. once the jungles are lost, Burma will have to be abbandoned all at once imho.
RE: Augustine summer wine
Great job in Burma, indeed. Yay stacking limits!
I would be ready to contract as you suggest, but slowly. IMHO there is still some delay to be created here.
I would be ready to contract as you suggest, but slowly. IMHO there is still some delay to be created here.

RE: Augustine summer wine
ORIGINAL: Cribtop
Great job in Burma, indeed. Yay stacking limits!
I would be ready to contract as you suggest, but slowly. IMHO there is still some delay to be created here.
Sure sure Crib. I will retreat VERY slowly and only if i really need to.
I still think i can fight back here. My air force is strong and i still can contest the air over my troops. Near Mitikyna he's gonna have some supply problems, for sure...as do i anyway.
My priority was to secure Thailand coast. now that i have done that, i think my retreat path is safe. I wanna give him a couple more bloody noses before falling back to another defensive line.
An a side note, that GREAT man of Michealm added the missing fuel and supplies, as me and Brad have agreed.
Now i truly think i can fight untill 1945. So good.
The Mariannas are really moving along. Whatever he does, he's gonna find some hard times when he'll land here.
In NG i'm securing Hollandia area. I've moved out most of the AV (which is so precious in this mod) from Rabaul. Tojos are already defending my bases. Flak and artillery are arriving from the Mariannas. Let him come....
RE: Augustine summer wine
Ok, turn sent. I'm assembling my DEI Air Army force at Java. Sent 36 more Nells to patrol the strats between PGN and Oz. wanna know when his CVs will be coming for true.
Sent supplies to Timor and Ambon/Boela this turn. Wanna have some supplies to spare if the battle rages on.
Surface fleet is assembling at Kendari and Sosarbaja.
The 16th Division is packed and sent to Mitikyna, while the 5th Guards division is moving to Wazrup. Looking good.
Using 18 Mavis-Ls to move some SNLF units to Kusiae from the Marshalls.
Gasmata's base forces are airlifted to Hollandia. Good.
A division is bought out from Manchukoku and sent to Babeldoleap to be redeployed in Northern NG.
More ASW trained Helens are deployed to HI and to the Mariannas. Wanna create a safety corridor in the CENTPAC.
....OT: just heard the news coming from Boston....[:(] damned bastards
Sent supplies to Timor and Ambon/Boela this turn. Wanna have some supplies to spare if the battle rages on.
Surface fleet is assembling at Kendari and Sosarbaja.
The 16th Division is packed and sent to Mitikyna, while the 5th Guards division is moving to Wazrup. Looking good.
Using 18 Mavis-Ls to move some SNLF units to Kusiae from the Marshalls.
Gasmata's base forces are airlifted to Hollandia. Good.
A division is bought out from Manchukoku and sent to Babeldoleap to be redeployed in Northern NG.
More ASW trained Helens are deployed to HI and to the Mariannas. Wanna create a safety corridor in the CENTPAC.
....OT: just heard the news coming from Boston....[:(] damned bastards
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Augustine summer wine
Burma - Move your right flank back to be anchored by Lashio on the far right with the MLR going NW to end up one hex to west of Katha. That would add only three new hexes and lower the number you have to defend by half.
Glad to see you finally got the fuel and supply adjustments done my MichaelM.
Glad to see you finally got the fuel and supply adjustments done my MichaelM.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]RE: Augustine summer wine
This is my new perimeter for the south


- Attachments
-
- LPL.jpg (207.44 KiB) Viewed 250 times
RE: Augustine summer wine
ORIGINAL: ny59giants
Burma - Move your right flank back to be anchored by Lashio on the far right with the MLR going NW to end up one hex to west of Katha. That would add only three new hexes and lower the number you have to defend by half.
Glad to see you finally got the fuel and supply adjustments done my MichaelM.
Yes Micheal...but i have to be very very carefull...that movement would open a supply path to China... not exactly what i want to see. However it's a good plan! Thanks my friend
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Augustine summer wine
I know you are following my AAR, the supply flow is not that good right now. [:D] Even if he gets the hexes, the supplies don't flow that well and the losses along the trails are high enough that not much will make it into China.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]RE: Augustine summer wine
GJ,
I think you are way too advanced in Burma. If I was the Allied player I would be building up a large invasion force to take Pegu or Moumein or something else to the south. It depends on what he has shifted to India but if it were me, I would hit one of those places with as big a landing force as I could. The thing about late 43 is you are reaching a point where Allied tank and infantry units are becoming way too powerful. As you know from experience, once a strong Allied force gets a foothold they cannot be thrown out at this point in the war.There is only one supply route into Burma and if he blocks it, all of those troops will die of starvation. Eventually you should want to hold a line along the Moulmein, Chiang Mail line to prevent him flanking you. There just comes a point when the risk of holding Burma is not worth it. At this point in the campaign does Burma really hold much significance?
I think you are way too advanced in Burma. If I was the Allied player I would be building up a large invasion force to take Pegu or Moumein or something else to the south. It depends on what he has shifted to India but if it were me, I would hit one of those places with as big a landing force as I could. The thing about late 43 is you are reaching a point where Allied tank and infantry units are becoming way too powerful. As you know from experience, once a strong Allied force gets a foothold they cannot be thrown out at this point in the war.There is only one supply route into Burma and if he blocks it, all of those troops will die of starvation. Eventually you should want to hold a line along the Moulmein, Chiang Mail line to prevent him flanking you. There just comes a point when the risk of holding Burma is not worth it. At this point in the campaign does Burma really hold much significance?
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.
Sigismund of Luxemburg
Sigismund of Luxemburg
RE: Augustine summer wine
ORIGINAL: crsutton
GJ,
I think you are way too advanced in Burma. If I was the Allied player I would be building up a large invasion force to take Pegu or Moumein or something else to the south. It depends on what he has shifted to India but if it were me, I would hit one of those places with as big a landing force as I could. The thing about late 43 is you are reaching a point where Allied tank and infantry units are becoming way too powerful. As you know from experience, once a strong Allied force gets a foothold they cannot be thrown out at this point in the war.There is only one supply route into Burma and if he blocks it, all of those troops will die of starvation. Eventually you should want to hold a line along the Moulmein, Chiang Mail line to prevent him flanking you. There just comes a point when the risk of holding Burma is not worth it. At this point in the campaign does Burma really hold much significance?
Hi Mate,
The importance of Burma, right now, is to completely deny one axis of advance to Brad. The easiest one BTW. So As long as i keep Burma, he'll be forced to risk his naval assets to land his units on some tiny little islands in DEI or PAC, thus risking against my Combined Fleet and LBA.
If i abbandon Burma, he'll be bombing Bankok by the end of 1943... too early!
But i do see the problem.
Moulmein is getting reinforced in these days by an additional division that i was keeping in reserve at Singa.
So we're having a Full division + a regiment + some artillery units and Naval base forces at Moulmein, behind 4+ forts; 1 full division + some 240mm Artillery pieces and a naval base force at Tavoy and a full Division + some 30cm guns at Mergui.
Pegu has 2 reinforced regiments behind 5 forts.
Bankok has an Air Army HQ and Air HQs are present at Port Blair, Rangoon and Sebang.
He would need his whole carrier fleet to land anywhere on the coast of Thailand and still he will be threatened by all sides. Without his CVs, which are now somewhere between the SOlomons and Northern Oz, he won't be able to do that.
At Singapore i have a strong SCTF reaction force, built around 3 CAs and 3 CLs, along with 2 CVLs and 1 CVE.
Chang Mai is getting built up and in few days i'll be able to buy out 2 regiments from China and start sending them there.
My goal is to hold Burma at least untill the end of the year and the slowly fall back, thus buying time for my Thailand perimeter to be built as i want it to be.
RE: Augustine summer wine
Ok, another turn is gone (14th Aug 1943) and my CVs are moving from Truk. Direction: WEST, once again. By now i've done this route at least 6 times...from DEI to CENTPAC and back again to the DEI.
Some activity rising at Darwin and some BBs spotted near Horn Island...
The enemy bombed Aitape heavily... the AF is closed and several Topsies are torched on the ground... but it's ok, i was expecting that. The transports have done their job in these days. Now it's time for them to get to Kusiae and start aiding the Mavis airlifting back some SNLF units from the Marshalls.
Some activity rising at Darwin and some BBs spotted near Horn Island...
The enemy bombed Aitape heavily... the AF is closed and several Topsies are torched on the ground... but it's ok, i was expecting that. The transports have done their job in these days. Now it's time for them to get to Kusiae and start aiding the Mavis airlifting back some SNLF units from the Marshalls.
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Augustine summer wine
Why include Aitape in the defense of Borneo if you are going to leave Dagua and Wewak to him? It serves no purpose. Better to use the AV at Hollandia/(cant remember the name).

RE: Augustine summer wine
Hollandia/VanaimoORIGINAL: JocMeister
Why include Aitape in the defense of Borneo if you are going to leave Dagua and Wewak to him? It serves no purpose. Better to use the AV at Hollandia/(cant remember the name).
I agree. He can walk to Aitape from Dagua. Unless this is really a fortress, it will be a rather more easy target.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
RE: Augustine summer wine
I think CrSutton underestimates the impact of stacking limits. With Stacking limits Greyjoy's strategy is the right one. It is manpower intensive though, but normally to break through in on hex, the allies will need a few weeks of attack and that gives enough time to retreat. As often with Burma the problem is that as soon as the jungle is abandoned, the plains are lost.
Of course the back door has to be protected, but it looks to be the case, at least as much as possible.
I really think stacking limits makes forward defense in rough terrain in Burma the most sensible strategy, and a viable one for quite some time.
Of course the back door has to be protected, but it looks to be the case, at least as much as possible.
I really think stacking limits makes forward defense in rough terrain in Burma the most sensible strategy, and a viable one for quite some time.
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
RE: Augustine summer wine
ORIGINAL: JocMeister
Why include Aitape in the defense of Borneo if you are going to leave Dagua and Wewak to him? It serves no purpose. Better to use the AV at Hollandia/(cant remember the name).
I know and you're right. Problem is that i had already placed there a regiment and the AF is built to level 4... so i think i'll leave that garrison there and use it as a blocking point. It will buys me time for Vanimo and Hollandia.
RE: Augustine summer wine
ORIGINAL: veji1
I think CrSutton underestimates the impact of stacking limits. With Stacking limits Greyjoy's strategy is the right one. It is manpower intensive though, but normally to break through in on hex, the allies will need a few weeks of attack and that gives enough time to retreat. As often with Burma the problem is that as soon as the jungle is abandoned, the plains are lost.
Of course the back door has to be protected, but it looks to be the case, at least as much as possible.
I really think stacking limits makes forward defense in rough terrain in Burma the most sensible strategy, and a viable one for quite some time.
I agree. Stacking limits completely change the nature of the land war, in China as in Burma. My defensive strategy in Burma has been completely studied and thought around the nature and the effetcs of the stacking limits.
RE: Augustine summer wine
ORIGINAL: veji1
I think CrSutton underestimates the impact of stacking limits. With Stacking limits Greyjoy's strategy is the right one. It is manpower intensive though, but normally to break through in on hex, the allies will need a few weeks of attack and that gives enough time to retreat. As often with Burma the problem is that as soon as the jungle is abandoned, the plains are lost.
Of course the back door has to be protected, but it looks to be the case, at least as much as possible.
I really think stacking limits makes forward defense in rough terrain in Burma the most sensible strategy, and a viable one for quite some time.
You are right, I forgot about the stacking limits and how they affect combat. But Pegu is open terrain is it not? Could the Allies put four divisions ashore there along with strong tank support? I would if it could be done....But GJ is pretty good at reading Q-Ball so his own intel is important. If the Allies are not shifting assets to India-meaning lots of American units and assault ships, then he is fairly safe for a while.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.
Sigismund of Luxemburg
Sigismund of Luxemburg





