Film Quotes

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33496
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: HighwayStar

ORIGINAL: warspite1


warspite1

No takers for the other three? One of them is a war film.


Carl and Ellie Fredricksen are from Pixar's "UP". As you can see, I'm hooked on Pixar animation.
warspite1

Correct [:)] The opening 20 minutes of that film is some of the finest in movie making history. [&o]

So two left; a war film and a 1990's slushy movie
I do not remember any of the names. [:(]

But I am going to make a guess on the war film. I am thinking that it is a WWII film and that much of the film takes place in Great Britain. I am also betting on that it is an movie about the air war. Three films leap to my mind: The Dam Busters, Battle of Britain and Memphis Belle. I am sure that there are plenty of others that fits that description but those are the only three that I can think of at the moment. Pretty much a coin toss on which one of those three I should pick.

I guess that they are from the movie Memphis Belle.

Edit: I have no idea what a "slushy movie" is.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: HighwayStar





Carl and Ellie Fredricksen are from Pixar's "UP". As you can see, I'm hooked on Pixar animation.
warspite1

Correct [:)] The opening 20 minutes of that film is some of the finest in movie making history. [&o]

So two left; a war film and a 1990's slushy movie
I do not remember any of the names. [:(]

But I am going to make a guess on the war film. I am thinking that it is a WWII film and that much of the film takes place in Great Britain. I am also betting on that it is an movie about the air war. Three films leap to my mind: The Dam Busters, Battle of Britain and Memphis Belle. I am sure that there are plenty of others that fits that description but those are the only three that I can think of at the moment. Pretty much a coin toss on which one of those three I should pick.

I guess that they are from the movie Memphis Belle.

Edit: I have no idea what a "slushy movie" is.
warspite1

No not Memphis Belle - but I like your thinking.

Slushy = romantic malarchy. I couldn't think of an appropriate genre for this film so checked a website that should know and they came up with:

Drama, mystery, Romance, Fantasy, Thriller.... so there you go [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: Film Quotes

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1


warspite1

Correct [:)] The opening 20 minutes of that film is some of the finest in movie making history. [&o]

So two left; a war film and a 1990's slushy movie
I do not remember any of the names. [:(]

But I am going to make a guess on the war film. I am thinking that it is a WWII film and that much of the film takes place in Great Britain. I am also betting on that it is an movie about the air war. Three films leap to my mind: The Dam Busters, Battle of Britain and Memphis Belle. I am sure that there are plenty of others that fits that description but those are the only three that I can think of at the moment. Pretty much a coin toss on which one of those three I should pick.

I guess that they are from the movie Memphis Belle.

Edit: I have no idea what a "slushy movie" is.
warspite1

No not Memphis Belle - but I like your thinking.

Slushy = romantic malarchy. I couldn't think of an appropriate genre for this film so checked a website that should know and they came up with:

Drama, mystery, Romance, Fantasy, Thriller.... so there you go [:)]

Orm had it, just picked the wrong one. Soon as I read his guesses, it popped into my head.

Section leader Harvey. "Battle of Britain"
Image
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: Film Quotes

Post by fodder »

Hey warspite1 this is not a film quote but a film clip. I was watching Harry Potter movies yesterday. In one as they were flying their brooms down the Thames river (I guess) they pass a warship, any idea which warship? I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me.







Image
Attachments
unknownwarship.jpg
unknownwarship.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Orm


I do not remember any of the names. [:(]

But I am going to make a guess on the war film. I am thinking that it is a WWII film and that much of the film takes place in Great Britain. I am also betting on that it is an movie about the air war. Three films leap to my mind: The Dam Busters, Battle of Britain and Memphis Belle. I am sure that there are plenty of others that fits that description but those are the only three that I can think of at the moment. Pretty much a coin toss on which one of those three I should pick.

I guess that they are from the movie Memphis Belle.

Edit: I have no idea what a "slushy movie" is.
warspite1

No not Memphis Belle - but I like your thinking.

Slushy = romantic malarchy. I couldn't think of an appropriate genre for this film so checked a website that should know and they came up with:

Drama, mystery, Romance, Fantasy, Thriller.... so there you go [:)]

Orm had it, just picked the wrong one. Soon as I read his guesses, it popped into my head.

Section leader Harvey. "Battle of Britain"
warspite1

Is the right answer.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: fodder

Hey warspite1 this is not a film quote but a film clip. I was watching Harry Potter movies yesterday. In one as they were flying their brooms down the Thames river (I guess) they pass a warship, any idea which warship? I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me.







Image
warspite1

HMS Belfast - sadly our largest surviving ship from WWII [:(]

Unlike the US we have not one single battleship that survived the post war cull due to the fact we were stoney broke.


Image
Attachments
hms-belfast1.jpg
hms-belfast1.jpg (149.75 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

My heart is falling down around my ankles like a wet pair of pants. My whole life, all I've wanted to do is fly. Bomb stuff. Shoot people down.
warspite1

No one got this? Wow...
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
parusski
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Jackson Tn
Contact:

RE: Film Quotes

Post by parusski »

I am sleepy, and going to take a nap. Anyone???
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

I am sleepy, and going to take a nap. Anyone???
warspite1

I've told you before - I'm not going to bed with you [:-]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: warspite1

My heart is falling down around my ankles like a wet pair of pants. My whole life, all I've wanted to do is fly. Bomb stuff. Shoot people down.
warspite1

No one got this? Wow...
warspite1

Obviously need a helping hand here - how about this from the same film?

Person 1: Can you save him?
Doctor: Can't be sure. I'm not a very good doctor.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Zorch »

"terminate with extreme prejudice".

User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"terminate with extreme prejudice".

warspite1

Now that's just gotta be a line from Mary Poppins. Wasn't that where David Tomlinson's character wanted to get rid of the pesky nanny, and he hired a professional - The Jackal I think he was called - to do the deed?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"terminate with extreme prejudice".

warspite1

Now that's just gotta be a line from Mary Poppins. Wasn't that where David Tomlinson's character wanted to get rid of the pesky nanny, and he hired a professional - The Jackal I think he was called - to do the deed?

No, you silly sod - it was the Sound of Music, when the Nazis march in :-)
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"terminate with extreme prejudice".

warspite1

Now that's just gotta be a line from Mary Poppins. Wasn't that where David Tomlinson's character wanted to get rid of the pesky nanny, and he hired a professional - The Jackal I think he was called - to do the deed?

No, you silly sod - it was the Sound of Music, when the Nazis march in :-)
warspite1

Of course sorry:

[Children singing] So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn....
Herr Zeller [turning to Nazi henchman] You know what to do - terminate with extreme prejudice..especially the one with the wimple.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: warspite1


warspite1

Now that's just gotta be a line from Mary Poppins. Wasn't that where David Tomlinson's character wanted to get rid of the pesky nanny, and he hired a professional - The Jackal I think he was called - to do the deed?

No, you silly sod - it was the Sound of Music, when the Nazis march in :-)
warspite1

Of course sorry:

[Children singing] So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn....
Herr Zeller [turning to Nazi henchman] You know what to do - terminate with extreme prejudice..especially the one with the wimple.
Right, people forget that Baron von Trapp was a U-Boat commander in WWI.
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Right, slight variation on a theme.

Which film were these characters in? Again no cheating please.

Colin and Maggie Harvey

Sam Wheat and Molly Jensen

Carl and Ellie Fredricksen

Jack and Wendy Torrance
warspite1

Well looks like no one is going to get this. Sam Wheat and Molly Jensen were from Ghost.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: warspite1

My heart is falling down around my ankles like a wet pair of pants. My whole life, all I've wanted to do is fly. Bomb stuff. Shoot people down.
warspite1

No one got this? Wow...
warspite1

Obviously need a helping hand here - how about this from the same film?

Person 1: Can you save him?
Doctor: Can't be sure. I'm not a very good doctor.
warspite1

Ditto this one - these are from Hot Shots!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Zorch »

"Bring out the gimp!"
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"Bring out the gimp!"
warspite1

I didn't realize SLAAK was in Pulp Fiction? [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"Bring out the gimp!"
warspite1

I didn't realize SLAAK was in Pulp Fiction? [;)]

"Say what again!"
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”