Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Left for Working
I do believe it is finished.
Am sending to Juan right now.
Juan: Could you post here when you have it available from your site? THANKS!
Am sending to Juan right now.
Juan: Could you post here when you have it available from your site? THANKS!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Left for Working
Hurry up!
[:D]
[:D]
RA, Mk 2 Complete
Files sent to Juan.
For those who will be playing the Mod, we will keep this Thread going if you have questions, issues, and/or comments.
Have FUN!
Thanks--yet again--to all those who contributed their time and effort into the revamp of the Reluctant Admiral. [&o]
For those who will be playing the Mod, we will keep this Thread going if you have questions, issues, and/or comments.
Have FUN!
Thanks--yet again--to all those who contributed their time and effort into the revamp of the Reluctant Admiral. [&o]

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: RA, Mk 2 Complete
John,
I don't have your turn 1 in my Inbox. Where is it?!? [:D]
P.S. Please send me the updated files.
I don't have your turn 1 in my Inbox. Where is it?!? [:D]
P.S. Please send me the updated files.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]File Requests
Anybody who wants the Mod NOW can email me and I will send them the files. Juan has been crazy-busy so he might not get the upload done for a bit. If needed just shoot me an email and I'll reply with the files in a Zip Folder.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: File Requests
Joooooooohn, I'm too waiting. Please hury up![:D]
RE: File Requests
I just got done with a LOOOOOOOOONG 11-12 hours shift and just got home. I've sent the Mod out to about 12 people. Please check your in box and let me know if you have not gotten it. Make sure you provide your email so I know where to send it.
Thanks for all the interest!
[&o]
Thanks for all the interest!
[&o]

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Mark Two Changes
For new players and returning ones, I am working to compile a rough list of changes from Mark 1 to Mark 2.
The Allied Player gets new toys and I think Michael will explain that there a several major choices beginning Dec 7th that could have a major impact on the Japanese movements South and Southeast. Changes:
A. There are two reinforcement convoys:
1. American Convoy at Pago Pago with 10,000 Supply, a Marine Defense Bat, small Base Force, and an AO with 8,000 fuel. This TF is escorted by a CL and 3 DD.
2. Port Moresby Reinforcement TF: contains the remaining two Inf Bat to create the larger Brigade at PM, a Base Force, 10,000 Supply, 6,000 Fuel. Escorting them are a CA and 3 CL forming the ANZAC Force. They start in the hex due South of the C in Coral Sea on the map.
B. Townsville: There is also a Hudson, Wirraway, and Floatplane Squadron at Townsville ready for deployment.
C. The Americans gain the ability convert several AOs to CVE in 1942 if wanted.
D. The Independence-Class CVL comes in 3 months early (March-April 1943) with two additional CVLs added to the class.
E. American Navy gains a VF, VB, and VT Training Squadron at San Diego. They can expand to 36 (or maybe 48) planes and they will allow for American Naval Training similar to what the Japanese can do.
F. Some shipping is moved from the IO to Cape Town to facilitate a quicker British Empire reaction.
Those are most of the Allied changes. Should make things a lot more interesting for the BOTH players now.
Have FUN players!
John
The Allied Player gets new toys and I think Michael will explain that there a several major choices beginning Dec 7th that could have a major impact on the Japanese movements South and Southeast. Changes:
A. There are two reinforcement convoys:
1. American Convoy at Pago Pago with 10,000 Supply, a Marine Defense Bat, small Base Force, and an AO with 8,000 fuel. This TF is escorted by a CL and 3 DD.
2. Port Moresby Reinforcement TF: contains the remaining two Inf Bat to create the larger Brigade at PM, a Base Force, 10,000 Supply, 6,000 Fuel. Escorting them are a CA and 3 CL forming the ANZAC Force. They start in the hex due South of the C in Coral Sea on the map.
B. Townsville: There is also a Hudson, Wirraway, and Floatplane Squadron at Townsville ready for deployment.
C. The Americans gain the ability convert several AOs to CVE in 1942 if wanted.
D. The Independence-Class CVL comes in 3 months early (March-April 1943) with two additional CVLs added to the class.
E. American Navy gains a VF, VB, and VT Training Squadron at San Diego. They can expand to 36 (or maybe 48) planes and they will allow for American Naval Training similar to what the Japanese can do.
F. Some shipping is moved from the IO to Cape Town to facilitate a quicker British Empire reaction.
Those are most of the Allied changes. Should make things a lot more interesting for the BOTH players now.
Have FUN players!
John

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
-
gajdacs zsolt
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm
RE: Mark Two Changes
Thank you very much John for sending me the scenario files!
I started studying it immediately, and it looks to be very good
. Thanks for taking the time creating it
.
I think I'm gonna post in the opponent finder section soon....
However i noticed a few issues with it:
The A6M3, A6M4, A6M5b, A6M7, A6M8, A6M8-J, A6M8-S and the A6M2 Sen Baku all seem to have "phantom" guns.
Also, Mizuho's 44/6 upgrade changes the 10/65 guns to 12.7/40. I don't think that's intentional.
Edit: The A6M4-J has a load value of 0 even though it has the same external ordinance as the A6M4 which has a load value of 850.
And there is one more thing
. This one is more like a request. Would it be possible to create a separate CS upgrade path for Chitose and Chiyoda? (Just like Mizuho has one)
I believe the current forcing of conversion is the result of Midway, which most of us are likely not to have.
Thank you!
PS: I'll look around a bit more....but i hope i won't find more "bugs".
PS2: Just in case you want to know, i have the latest beta patch installed.
I started studying it immediately, and it looks to be very good
I think I'm gonna post in the opponent finder section soon....
However i noticed a few issues with it:
The A6M3, A6M4, A6M5b, A6M7, A6M8, A6M8-J, A6M8-S and the A6M2 Sen Baku all seem to have "phantom" guns.
Also, Mizuho's 44/6 upgrade changes the 10/65 guns to 12.7/40. I don't think that's intentional.
Edit: The A6M4-J has a load value of 0 even though it has the same external ordinance as the A6M4 which has a load value of 850.
And there is one more thing
I believe the current forcing of conversion is the result of Midway, which most of us are likely not to have.
Thank you!
PS: I'll look around a bit more....but i hope i won't find more "bugs".
PS2: Just in case you want to know, i have the latest beta patch installed.
RE: Mark Two Changes
John 3rd, if you or JuanG want to do this, take a look at the latest BabesLite (or BigBabes). We did this. The Chitose has a normal CS upgrade path just like Mizuho, but can convert to CL. If it's of any interest to you, the updated Chitose is in Class slots 1871 to 1875. Please feel free to copy away. The new conversion bind number is 194. Chitose and Chiyoda Ships will then need to get updated from Class 1872 to 1871, but that's it.ORIGINAL: Zsolo007
And there is one more thing. This one is more like a request. Would it be possible to create a separate CS upgrade path for Chitose and Chiyoda? (Just like Mizuho has one)
I believe the current forcing of conversion is the result of Midway, which most of us are likely not to have.
RE: Mark Two Changes
ORIGINAL: Zsolo007
Thank you very much John for sending me the scenario files!
I started studying it immediately, and it looks to be very good. Thanks for taking the time creating it
.
I think I'm gonna post in the opponent finder section soon....
However i noticed a few issues with it:
The A6M3, A6M4, A6M5b, A6M7, A6M8, A6M8-J, A6M8-S and the A6M2 Sen Baku all seem to have "phantom" guns.
Also, Mizuho's 44/6 upgrade changes the 10/65 guns to 12.7/40. I don't think that's intentional.
Edit: The A6M4-J has a load value of 0 even though it has the same external ordinance as the A6M4 which has a load value of 850.
And there is one more thing. This one is more like a request. Would it be possible to create a separate CS upgrade path for Chitose and Chiyoda? (Just like Mizuho has one)
I believe the current forcing of conversion is the result of Midway, which most of us are likely not to have.
Thank you!
PS: I'll look around a bit more....but i hope i won't find more "bugs".
PS2: Just in case you want to know, i have the latest beta patch installed.
CRAP!
OK. Point-to-Point:
1. What do you mean by 'phantom guns' on the Zero line?
2. Mizuho can be fixed. That is a mistake.
3. A6M4-J--I don't know about that.
4. As to the CS, we had written about this a bunch in the creation of the Mod and decided to make Nisshin the first CVL conversion. What is the Upgrade Path for the CS in the other Mods. JWE--What is done in your new Mod?
My major concern is with points 1 and 3. Stanislav--Is there an issue here? Zsolo007 could you add more info?
THANKS for the commentary and discoveries...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Mark Two Changes
Mizuho is now correct. Went from 10/65 to 12.7 to 10/65. Ooooppps--Missed an upgrade!
Michael and I looked at the planes and the only thing I can see is a repeat of the same guns on Weapon Slots 1 and 2 as 11 and 12. Is this what you saw? Stanislav--Is that a problem at all?
Michael and I looked at the planes and the only thing I can see is a repeat of the same guns on Weapon Slots 1 and 2 as 11 and 12. Is this what you saw? Stanislav--Is that a problem at all?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Mark Two Changes
Everyone keep looking and we'll get these corrections dealt with.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
-
gajdacs zsolt
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm
RE: Mark Two Changes
Sorry about not providing more information....
I attached a picture which shows what i mean by phantom guns (i made screenshots of the a6m7 and a6m5b from the planes database, as well as it's main list, where you can see the the a6m4-j's load value of zero (max load in editor). I also made screenshots of the a6m7 in the editor, so you can see the mismatch of devices).
I looked at the editor and the problem is (with the A6M7 for example) that you have device 187 in wpn slot 1 and 3 and 1916 in wpn slot 11 & 13. All the planes i listed have such issues.

I attached a picture which shows what i mean by phantom guns (i made screenshots of the a6m7 and a6m5b from the planes database, as well as it's main list, where you can see the the a6m4-j's load value of zero (max load in editor). I also made screenshots of the a6m7 in the editor, so you can see the mismatch of devices).
I looked at the editor and the problem is (with the A6M7 for example) that you have device 187 in wpn slot 1 and 3 and 1916 in wpn slot 11 & 13. All the planes i listed have such issues.

- Attachments
-
- bugs.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 412 times
RE: Mark Two Changes
Aircraft are supposed to have their built-in weapons duplicated in slots 11-20 in the editor, which describe the loadout for the extended range. Only the bomb load changes. A6M4-J has the max load value of 750 in the version of the scenario 70 you've sent me. Zsolo007 is almost certainly using Mk1, where, due to my oversight, the weapons in extended range slots were not changed to match the weapons in normal range slots for some planes. This caused an extra line for guns to appear on their in-game writeups (although I very much doubt this will have a mechanical effect - the in-game data doesn't show increased gun value).ORIGINAL: John 3rd
My major concern is with points 1 and 3. Stanislav--Is there an issue here?
In other words, these problems are already fixed in Mark 2. You've probably sent a wrong file, John...
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Mark Two Changes
Good Morning. Just up and navigating with my first cup of tea.
Zsolo should have the newest copy of the Mod. I will review the files and see. Thanks for the clarification Stanislav. I figured the weapons were something simple due to the fact they WORKED in Mark One! [;)] Am going to prowl around a bit and see to the issues.
FatR--You have the copy of the Mod I have been sending people. Can you look in your newest to make sure we're good?
EDIT: Will send the 'Final' Copy to you just so you have it.
Zsolo should have the newest copy of the Mod. I will review the files and see. Thanks for the clarification Stanislav. I figured the weapons were something simple due to the fact they WORKED in Mark One! [;)] Am going to prowl around a bit and see to the issues.
FatR--You have the copy of the Mod I have been sending people. Can you look in your newest to make sure we're good?
EDIT: Will send the 'Final' Copy to you just so you have it.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Mark Two Changes
Yes, I checked both through editor and the in-game, the problems with A6M4-J load and fighter armaments are fixed.ORIGINAL: John 3rd
FatR--You have the copy of the Mod I have been sending people. Can you look in your newest to make sure we're good?
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Mark Two Changes
File sent for you to peruse.
I sent a copy of the same Files to Juan so he can Post them on the site. The Mizuho Upgrade has been fixed with that file. I haven't spent a moment playing around in the aircraft so things LOOKED OK to me as well but, to be safe, take a look and see...
I sent a copy of the same Files to Juan so he can Post them on the site. The Mizuho Upgrade has been fixed with that file. I haven't spent a moment playing around in the aircraft so things LOOKED OK to me as well but, to be safe, take a look and see...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Mark Two Changes
We've gone through the files and think everything is OK. I did change the Upgrade issue listed above. Once Juan gets the Mk. 2 loaded onto his site players can get it downloaded. The change will not need a re-start.
Am currently plotting my Turn One as Japan against Michael. Let the games begin!
Am currently plotting my Turn One as Japan against Michael. Let the games begin!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.



