Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum

Hit 'esc' ONLY once. [;)]

I can push escape as many times as I want and it doesn't do anything different from just pushing it once...
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

Hi guys. RL has kept me from here, but not the game so much. I've usually had time for one or the other, so sadly, the AAR suffered. I just sent the 6 Aug turn back to Ted. Things have turned into a brawl very quickly. But, one thing at a time.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

1 Aug 43

Sub War
5 Fleet


Nothing to report.

4 Fleet

So it begins. I made the mistake of moving KB1/2 (Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Shokaku, Zuikaku, Ryujo and Hosho) out of supporting range of MKB (Junyo, Hiyo, Shoho and Zuiho). KB was toward Rabaul hoping to catch an Allied cruiser TF that had been pestering Rabaul and MKB was a couple hexes north of Tabiteuea, covering that area. MKB spotted a different cruiser force and decided to charge south after them, right into the teeth of the US carriers, which I hadn't seen. They came from the east through a screen of Glen subs. Rotten subs. [:@] Anyway, the US carriers got the drop on MKB, sending in 18 Avengers (carrying bombs) and 72 Dauntlesses escorted by 25 Hellcats. They had 2 CVs and 2 CVLs for the fight. There was another "half" a TF of carriers, according to Ted. They were farther to the east. I spotted them at the end of the turn but they never got into the fight. Anyway, I had 63 Zeros defending and all they did was shoot down a couple dozen enemy planes. Most got through hitting all four of my carriers and the Tatsuta. The Junyo went down like a rock and Zuiho's decks were awash. Never saw that before.

Anyway, Hiyo and Shoho were moderately damaged and Zuiho would sink tomorrow. Did my planes counterattack? No! They sent 18 Vals after the cruiser TF hitting Indianapolis with a single bomb. Really? Then, in the afternoon, they sent 10 Kates escorted by 21 Zeros after the carriers. They never got close. 7 Zeros managed to make it home. I never saw the carriers.

Finally, the US carrier commander sent 27 unescorted Dauntlesses after my carriers. I still had 43 Zeros in the air and they shot down all the bombers. That was odd.

Fortunately, most of my planes were redirected to either Tabiteuea or the surviving carriers. As of 6 August, none of the remainder of MKB was attacked again. They're almost to Truk to start repairs. If those Avengers had been carrying torpedoes, I probably would have lost all the carriers.

Ah well. Glad it's just a game. It can get pretty stressful. [:D]

SE Fleet

The Allied bombers are going primarily after ground troops. I suspect he is going to invade somewhere, but he's hitting Manus, Kavieng and Rabaul, but primarily Kavieng. I think he wants to invade Kavieng to cut off Rabaul. That's a good tactic, if he can pull it off.

SRA
Burma


Nothing to report.

China

I bombarded Chungking again. The units were low on supply and it showed. Not much damage was done. I'll wait until they get more supply before bombarding again.

Other Stuff

A sixth (of 9) Frank R&D factory completed repairs.

Some 22 IJN pilot trainees advanced (month 10).
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

2 Aug 43

Sub War

The Totitsukaze hit a sub off Truk with a DC.

The RO-105 spotted a US TF a few hexes south of Lunga and went after them. Turns out it was a pretty big TF and she put a torpedo into the CVE Santee. The TF also had 2 BB, 3 CL, 3 CLAA, 5 DD and 2 DE. In retaliation, they hit her with a DC. She started the long limp home. I will see that TF again in a few days. [;)]

5 Fleet

Nothing to report.

4 Fleet

KB moved to the east to cover the remnants of MKB. I saw the US carriers to the south but they made no move to go after the remnants. It was quiet in this patch of water. KB was unspotted.

SE Fleet

The Allied bombers focused on troops again today. I lost track of the TF with the torpedoed CVE.

SRA
Burma
China


Nothing to report.

Other Stuff

Overall, it was a quiet day. I was still pissed at MKB being ambushed.

The Ki84a Frank R&D advanced to 9/43 (will become operational ~8/10/43).
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

3 Aug 43

Sub War

Nothing to report.

5 Fleet

Nothing to report.

4 Fleet

There was a small TF a couple hexes to the SE of Rabaul, near that base that the Allied paratroopers took (Namatanai, just east of Rabaul). I suspected they were trying to sneak in supplies, but wasn't sure. I detached 3 CA and 3 DD from KB to investigate. When my ships arrived, the Allied ships were gone, but the Japanese cruiser decided to hand out a couple hexes to the NE, within range of Shortlands Island. 27 SBDs came visiting and planted a 1000 lber on Mogami. Damage wasn't bad at 15-9(4)-5(4)-0. I sent her to Truk. She arrived a couple days later and began repairing.

Ted spotted KB and kept his distance. I have over twice the fighters as he does and more bombers too. Not much happened again. MKB remnants moved far enough to the NW of this area that they're out of danger from US carriers. Their only potential danger is subs. MKB is currently unspotted.

SE Fleet

More ineffectual Allied bombing of troops.

SRA
Burma


Nothing to report.

China

I destroyed another Chinese Corps in the countryside.

Other Stuff

Nothing exciting.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

Another turn arrived. I'll be back. [;)]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by ny59giants »

Many of us had suggested and you agreed to get all your CV/CVLs back together. So I know you are kicking yourself for not following that "self" advice. [:D]

You lost the recon/intel battle as Ted seemed to have better knowledge of what you had vs what he had. Was it weather or did you not have enough Emily in area on NavS?

Why is the old, slow Hosho with your big CVs?
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum

Many of us had suggested and you agreed to get all your CV/CVLs back together. So I know you are kicking yourself for not following that "self" advice. [:D]

You lost the recon/intel battle as Ted seemed to have better knowledge of what you had vs what he had. Was it weather or did you not have enough Emily in area on NavS?

Why is the old, slow Hosho with your big CVs?

Agreed. Also, it's about time for the KB to go dark. It's a lot more useful unseen right now than out in the open. Getting to a few of the 100s of Allied cruiser won't change the game, but him knowing where he can strike and where he shouldn't because the KB is in plain sight, that is a game changer.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

Guys, you're both absolutely right. I ran the 7 Aug turn late last night and need to complete it this morning. Unfortunately, I have a meeting and won't be back home for another 6 hours. I'm going to be thinking about my turn all morning. [:D]

Let's just say I evened the odds a bit. [;)] I don't want to spoil the fun for you.

Yes, KB is going dark now. They've completed their mission. I can't wait to get my 3 new carriers (Katsuragi, Amagi, Unryu) around the end of September. I'll have capacity superiority, I'm pretty sure. I'll need to count the decks on each side to be sure, but that's for later today.

Later guys!
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
HansBolter
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: United States

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum

Hit 'esc' ONLY once. [;)]

I can push escape as many times as I want and it doesn't do anything different from just pushing it once...

Be very careful not to push and hold it, especially if there will be a long stretch of recon flights following the air combat report you hit the escape key to exit from.

If you accidentally hold the escape key down too long the game engine will blitzkrieg through the recon flights and only slows back down to normal speed when the next air bombardment attack happens.
Can be a bit dizzying to watch and pretty hard to keep any kind of mental track of what is happening.

If you accidentally do this on the very last air combat mission the engine will blitzkrieg right through to the first land combat executing th eland movement phase at the dizzying rate making it impossible to keep track of who is moving.
Hans

User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum

Hit 'esc' ONLY once. [;)]

I can push escape as many times as I want and it doesn't do anything different from just pushing it once...

Be very careful not to push and hold it, especially if there will be a long stretch of recon flights following the air combat report you hit the escape key to exit from.

If you accidentally hold the escape key down too long the game engine will blitzkrieg through the recon flights and only slows back down to normal speed when the next air bombardment attack happens.
Can be a bit dizzying to watch and pretty hard to keep any kind of mental track of what is happening.

If you accidentally do this on the very last air combat mission the engine will blitzkrieg right through to the first land combat executing th eland movement phase at the dizzying rate making it impossible to keep track of who is moving.

I actually want it to do this [:D]
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Guys, you're both absolutely right. I ran the 7 Aug turn late last night and need to complete it this morning. Unfortunately, I have a meeting and won't be back home for another 6 hours. I'm going to be thinking about my turn all morning. [:D]

Let's just say I evened the odds a bit. [;)] I don't want to spoil the fun for you.

Yes, KB is going dark now. They've completed their mission. I can't wait to get my 3 new carriers (Katsuragi, Amagi, Unryu) around the end of September. I'll have capacity superiority, I'm pretty sure. I'll need to count the decks on each side to be sure, but that's for later today.

Later guys!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
Bif1961
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 pm
Location: Phenix City, Alabama

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Bif1961 »

Sounds like the KB avenged it's little brother against those 2 CVs and 2 CVLs.
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

Sounds like the KB avenged it's little brother against those 2 CVs and 2 CVLs.

Yes and no, in that order. [;)]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

4 Aug 43

Sub War

Not a great day for the Japanese submarine service. The I-4 found a US BB/CL bombardment fleet 7 hexes south of Tabiteuea and ate a DC for nothing but wasted torpedoes. She'll limp toward Truk in a roundabout way to avoid the US TFs that are seemingly everywhere. As of 7 Aug, she's still crawling there, but her damage has stabilized at 37-28(2)-10-0.

The I-31 was sunk by DD Cushing up in the Aleutians. That one ship navy has been a thorn in my side for months. [:@]

5 Fleet

Nothing to report.

4 Fleet

No action here today. Both side's carriers are circling just out of range of each other trying to get the drop on the other.

SE Fleet

The Allied bombing focus was on Kavieng's troops. It's looking more and more like he wants to damage KB so he can proceed with an invasion there. I can't let that happen.

SRA

Nothing to report.

Burma

Ted dropped a handful (about 400) Chindits on Warazup, which is a dot hex in the extreme NE corner of Burma. I have a tank regiment near Katha. They're headed there to snuff it out.

China

Nothing to report.

Other Stuff

The last 2 of my 4 R&D engine factories completed repairing as Ha-43 factories. (1x60 and 3x30). Now I get 4% increase a day instead of the previous 2% a day.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

5 Aug 43

Sub War

The Hake sank a Std-B TK (4275 capacity) in the Balikpapan pass. I have 3 ASW TFs there and they can't seem to do anything useful. I've now shifted all my TK convoys to avoid that pass. It'll take longer to do things that way, but it was inevitable. The only TFs I'm concerned about are the two 4x7950 TK convoys that have been shuttling fuel to Truk the whole war so far from Balikpapan. They're now going to head south then east to get there, which is longer so Truk is going to get less fuel at a time when more is needed there. For compensation, I'm shipping 100k fuel from Singapore to Truk.

That's about it for the subs. For all you sub lovers out there, don't worry, the sub war will heat up quite a bit in the next couple of days. [;)] [:D]

5 Fleet

Nothing to report.

4 Fleet

The US CV fleet that trashed MKB had been spotted ever since that debacle. Immediately after that happened, I sent 4 Fubukis from Truk to attempt a night engagement to try and put a torpedo or two into a US carrier. That happened today, in the wee hours, with 21% moonlight. I was hoping for less moonlight, but it was what it was. The TF was pretty big:

CV Hornet
CV Gettysburg (Yorktown II)
CVL Independence - smoking pretty good from damage sustained from something. Gotta look it up to figure it out.
CVL Princeton
4 BBs: NC, WA, SD, MA
3 CL
3 CLAA
10 DD

The Isonami, Oboro, Uranami and Shikinami tore into them, expending most of their ammo and hitting only with 5" shells, Princeton once and Hornet 3 times. In return, Oboro absorbed a 5 or 6" shell from a CL with no appreciable damage. It was a good attempt. Too bad the torpedoes all missed.

Later in the day, the carriers got their retribution. 36 SBDs found them hitting the Uranami and Shikinami with a single 1000 lb bomb each. The Uranami blew up like a firecracker, but Shikinami made it out of there. They're still limping toward Truk as of 7 Aug, but they should make it in a few days unless I get one of the dreaded damage control failure messages.

Tabiteuea received the first bombardment by a 2 BB, 2 CA, 3 CL TF causing damage that will take some time to repair (only 12 engineers there). That's ok. Let him focus on that chunk of sand.

My DDs must have spooked his carriers because they shifted SE, but I kept track of them the whole time.

I did spot an odd TF to the SE of Rabaul. There were capital ships as well as a relatively small number of aircraft. CVEs? A couple hexes away from it was another TF that I couldn't make out. Invasion TF? I moved KB to a point where they would be 7 hexes from Rabaul and Kavieng in case I was correct. I really think he wants to invade Kavieng. Note that KB has 200 fighters and 200 bombers. I wasn't too concerned about the main US carriers because they couldn't get there in one day. I figured that if they came close, I could always move due north tomorrow and be safe. I'd also have a chance to get in a good lick with little likelihood of attacks, unless we ended up in the same hex. The hex I chose to move to was next to the current location of the CVE(?) TF.

So, the stage was set. I moved on. [:(] I was still smarting from getting MKB trashed and kept second guessing myself.

SE Fleet

The Allied bombers decided to hit Rabaul's airfield. [:@] Almost to the point where I could use it effectively again. *Sigh*

SRA
Burma


Nothing to report.

China

Another bombardment of Chungking. Their AV decreased by 13 to 14,594 and mine increased by 5 to 6008. What does that mean? I haven't a clue.

Other Stuff

Reinforcement: TK Echo Maru, Type-1 TL (11.6k capacity), will convert to an AO.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

6 Aug 43

Sub War

The Allies got in the first hit, but then it was all Japanese today. [:D]

A small xAKL was attempting to sneak some supply to Rabaul and was caught just north of the port by Growler, who sank her.

I have a 3 E ASW TF that is spending the war circling Babeldaob. Today, they found the Spearfish, hitting her with a couple DCs then driving her to the surface, pumping her full of shells before sinking her.

South of Noumea, the I-10 torpedoed and sank the ACM Bush. I guess it was worth the torpedoes. [;)]

Ted is getting bolder at Truk, driving some of his subs into the hex. I think he suspects (correctly) that my damaged carriers are headed there. The Skate first hit a mine, then was hit by a DC by a PB. No report of her sinking.

5 Fleet

Nothing to report.

4 Fleet

The day began with the US BB bombardment fleet hitting Tabiteuea again. I think this is going to become a regular event.

Then things got exciting. KB had moved to the west to try and intercept one (or both) of the fleets that had been (I think) heading north to invade. One of them fled to the SW but the other ended up 2 hexes from KB. Then the fun began.

We got the drop on the closer TF, composed of 2 CVE, 2 BB, 3 CL, 3 CLAA, 5 DD, 2 DE.

The report says it all:

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Ontong Java at 114,125

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 20 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M3a Zero x 5
A6M5 Zero x 56
B5N1 Kate x 6
B5N2 Kate x 72
B6N2 Jill x 27
D4Y1 Judy x 90

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 39

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3a Zero: 1 destroyed
A6M5 Zero: 7 destroyed
B5N1 Kate: 1 damaged
B5N2 Kate: 9 damaged
B5N2 Kate: 1 destroyed by flak
D4Y1 Judy: 8 damaged
D4Y1 Judy: 2 destroyed by flak

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
BB New Mexico, Bomb hits 7, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
BB Colorado, Bomb hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
CVE Anzio, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
CLAA Reno, Bomb hits 1, on fire
CVE Santee, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
CL Detroit, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DE Edward C. Daly, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
CL Richmond
DD Carmick, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
CL Concord, Bomb hits 4, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
CLAA Juneau, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Frankford
CLAA Oakland, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DE Gilmore
DD Lang, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
DD Stack
DD Sterett, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 1000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
27 x B6N2 Jill bombing from 14000 feet
Naval Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb
4 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
18 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo
6 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 1000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
18 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo
12 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
18 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo
9 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
17 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo
6 x B5N1 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo
7 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
8 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
4 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
4 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
6 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
6 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 1000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
2 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 1000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
4 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
4 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
4 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 1000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
VF-26 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 9 on standby, 8 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 13000 and 19000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 33 minutes
VC(F)-33 with F6F-3 Hellcat (3 airborne, 8 on standby, 7 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 16000 and 20000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 34 minutes

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring BB Colorado
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CLAA Reno
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring BB New Mexico
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Lang
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CL Concord

I did use up most of the torpedoes on KB, but it was worth it. I ended up losing 15 Zeros, 4 Judies and a Kate. The Zeros took the brunt of the wrath of the 39 Hellcats, but they kept them off the bombers, which was their job. Only 4 of the 17 ships weren't damaged. Only 3 were confirmed sunk, but that's one TF that won't be available for awhile.

The US big boys were about 20 hexes to the SE of this engagement.

I'm going to make a loop to the north then west with KB to cover Kavieng and Rabaul hoping to catch some of the damaged ships and finish them off tomorrow.

SE Fleet

Rabaul received the majority of the Allied bomber sorties with Kavieng getting a slice that attacked the troops there. He keeps hitting the troops at Kavieng which supports my theory that he wants to invade that place. I still think the second TF was an invasion fleet, but I never got a good enough look at it to know for sure.

SRA
Burma
China


Nothing to report.

Other Stuff

The D4Y3 Judy R&D advanced to 2/44 (will become operational 11/43).
The N1K2-J George R&D advanced to 12/43 (will become operational 9/43).
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Zorch »

You didn't kill even 1 Hellcat? With all your ace pilots?
Hopefully the US Hellcats had trouble finding a place to land.

Your 2 CVLs for 2 US CVEs is not a good trade.
I wonder why this TF didn't run away?

Will Ted try something if he thinks your CVs have withdrawn to replenish?
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by ny59giants »

Two CVEs sunk, only about 90 plus to go. [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16751
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by Mike Solli »

You guys think this was the big news? [:D]

Yeah, I was surprised at the inability to kill Hellcats today. I was really worried about the next turn. Damn, this is a stressful game. Really glad it's not real. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”