The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

Thread!

Post by Mynok »


Ahhhhh? [&:] [8|]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: SIEG LOG!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

OK - i'll bite - why did you call her "Condo-Nazi"??

well in our old place, which was rather dumpy (but excellently located) with a landlady from hell, GF unit didn't really care about wear and tear shall we say, which, with three dogs, 1 STUPID cat, and one BF unit, can really experience wear and tear.

However this new place, a shiny brand new condo......now it's TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES BEFORE ENTERING!

ALL DOGS MUST HAVE FEET WIPED BEFORE ENTERING FROM OUTSIDE.

BF UNIT WILL SUBMIT TO DECONTAMINATION BEFORE ENTERING.

BUBBLE SUITS ARE OPTIONAL AT THE MOMENT BUT ENCOURAGED.

SINKS WILL BE WIPED AFTER EACH USE.

yes dear....SIEG HEIL!!!!!!

Welcome to the guilded cage of married life. The trick I have leared over many years is to be totally incompetant at any of the cleaning type tasks she assigns me. Eventually she has learned to just do it herself and leave me alone. I also have bad reactive airway disease so any strong smells (read cleaning products or expensive perfume) cause caughing fits. This keeps her from spending money on perfume and keeps me from having to clean.



I wear the pants in my house! (My wife just tells me which ones to wear)[:D]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

Thread!

Post by Mynok »


I do the vacuuming and litter box changing. I also do all (well, most) of the cooking, but the latter is fun.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: SIEG LOG!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

Along the lines of provoking the GF unit, it's my GFs birthday today. I wonder what I can do to provoke her. Think a one year membership to the gym would do it? [:D]

Did that with the ex when we were dating. Did not go over well.

Even the argument that it was to my gym and we could spend more time together did not work.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: SIEG LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

m-m-m-married?

User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: Thread!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


I do the vacuuming and litter box changing. I also do all (well, most) of the cooking, but the latter is fun.

Same here. I cook she cleans.

Litter box is mine since the cat is mine (and has seniority in the case of a layoff). [;)]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: SIEG LOG!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

m-m-m-married?


Except for the tax penalty you are there. When the condo smells like fu-fu stuff, your plates match, and there are doilies on the couch you might as well admit you are done for.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

RUPD might be interested in this:

Image

I had proposed the same design for our new cars. [:D]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: SIEG LOG!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

m-m-m-married?


Aw, quit whining. I've been married (to the same chick) more than half my life. I'm still ok. *Twitch, twitch*

[X(]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: SIEG LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

I was married once.....a long time ago.

never again

User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Thread!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


I do the vacuuming and litter box changing. I also do all (well, most) of the cooking, but the latter is fun.
It is exactly the same for me...add to that the grocery shopping.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

Thread!

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I was married once.....a long time ago.

never again


You're married. You just don't have the scrap of paper that gives you nice tax breaks and parental rights to any children.

I don't understand the big deal, frankly. Go downtown, sign a scrap of paper, come back and suddenly you're TRAPPED? [X(][X(][X(][&:][&:][&:][8|][8|]

Your bad experience wasn't marriage's fault. It was yours for being young and stupid (my assumption, but that's usually the case).

[:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Thread!

Post by niceguy2005 »

Mynok, I don't disagree really. I can tell you my problem was I was young and stupid...now I'm just old a befuddled. [:D]

I think it comes down to kids. If the GF unit and I have kids then we will be married, if we don't who knows. What my first marriage taught me is there is nothing magical about the institution of marriage. If you're committed then you will stay together and if not you won't.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Thread!

Post by niceguy2005 »

On another note, I just got the GFs birthday card. It MOOOs when you open it. Oh my lord what have I done. [:D]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: Thread!

Post by RUPD3658 »

I hope she likes cows or you are in big trouble.[:-][X(]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Thread!

Post by Mynok »


[:D] Better than one that barks.

Marriage does have an amazing ability to make mother-in-laws stop treating you like you're violating their daughter. They still won't like you much, but they stop throwing things at you.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Thread!

Post by VSWG »

Niceguy, that's udderly inacceptable!!! [:D]

*runs
Image
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Thread!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

I hope she likes cows or you are in big trouble.[:-][X(]
The card says "Party until the cows come home..then invite them in and party some more." I'm such a romantic. [:D]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Thread!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


[:D] Better than one that barks.

Marriage does have an amazing ability to make mother-in-laws stop treating you like you're violating their daughter. They still won't like you much, but they stop throwing things at you.
That's good my Mother-in-law to be is bigger than I am. [X(]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Thread!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Niceguy, that's udderly inacceptable!!! [:D]

*runs
[:D]...punny!
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”