THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

So in America Labor day is the day when there is no labor?

p.s. it should have a 'u' in it too!

In the United States, it is Labor. In English, it is labour.
At last - an implicit admission that people in the United States do not write (or probably speak) English!
OTOH, I have trouble speaking 'Murican'.

I have stayed in Winnipeg and had no trouble understanding the people there. It was a rather large estate north of the city on the Red River of the North. I have been elsewhere in Canada and have had no trouble understanding their version of English either.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

So in America Labor day is the day when there is no labor?

p.s. it should have a 'u' in it too!

In the United States, it is Labor. In English, it is labour.
At last - an implicit admission that people in the United States do not write (or probably speak) English!
OTOH, I have trouble speaking 'Murican'.

Good point! I've often wondered if it's supposed to be "eh" or "eh?" or " 'eh?" myself. I guess I'll never master hoser-speak.
Image
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe




In the United States, it is Labor. In English, it is labour.
At last - an implicit admission that people in the United States do not write (or probably speak) English!
OTOH, I have trouble speaking 'Murican'.

Good point! I've often wondered if it's supposed to be "eh" or "eh?" or " 'eh?" myself. I guess I'll never master hoser-speak.
The McKenzie brothers are so disappointed in you, hoser.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

I know what a "tuque" is as well.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

Good morning!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33567
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

So...a clean new page.

All hail THE THREAD!!! [&o]
Hail.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33567
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

And a good afternoon.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33567
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: Orm

Hello, RangerJoe.

Hello Orm. Are you getting ready for fall and that nice northern winter when there are no mosquitoes?
No. I prefer when the sun is up, and the people are cheerful.

Besides. Most mosquitoes here do not transit dreadful diseases. Please pester Chickenboy for details.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

Good Morning!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: Orm

Hello, RangerJoe.

Hello Orm. Are you getting ready for fall and that nice northern winter when there are no mosquitoes?
No. I prefer when the sun is up, and the people are cheerful.
But in winter when you get cold, the best way to warm up is body heat. Preferably from the other gender.
Besides. Most mosquitoes here do not transit dreadful diseases. Please pester Chickenboy for details.
I have been shot to prevent at least one of those diseases. Ask Chickenboy about friendly chiggers. Also, ticks carry some pretty nasty things as well. I heard of a new one that makes you allergic to beef. I think that the cows invented that one.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rustysi »

who is the Queen of The THREAD!!!???

Why, I thought I was, silly.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rustysi »

often ladies dressed in office attire including shoes unsuited to snow). Haven't yet found one that would take me home for a drink after!.

Next time just shovel the b***h back under.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rustysi »

I heard of a new one that makes you allergic to beef.

Yeah, its prevalent around these parts. Good thing is its not permanent.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

Good morning! [:)]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

Good afternoon!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rustysi »

Good afternoon all.[;)]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”