Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Of course, instead of taking the base, you could just keep killing units for the points and use it as a bombers training target.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
-
GetAssista
- Posts: 2836
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:13 am
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Those kind of sieges are actually the best way to train your infantry divisions. Since the enemy is weak and out of supply he does not have firepower to kill, only disable. Any green ID can get to 90+xp in a couple months of assaults/R&RORIGINAL: RangerJoe
Of course, instead of taking the base, you could just keep killing units for the points and use it as a bombers training target.
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Isn't Chungking one of those bases that gets and automatic daily supply of some sort? If so, does it still get it when enemy units are in the hex? I may be thinking of LI that's possibly in the hex. I'm not sure. I really haven't studied the Allied much at all.
The next turn arrived. We'd been talking and he said:
The B-24J problem is an easy fix...I get two every single day from here on.
My response when I sent him the last turn was:
The B-24J may not be as easy a fix as you think.
His response when he sent me the turn just now:
Yeah no, we’re going to lay off that idea for a bit.
[:D][:D]
The next turn arrived. We'd been talking and he said:
The B-24J problem is an easy fix...I get two every single day from here on.
My response when I sent him the last turn was:
The B-24J may not be as easy a fix as you think.
His response when he sent me the turn just now:
Yeah no, we’re going to lay off that idea for a bit.
[:D][:D]
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
Of course, instead of taking the base, you could just keep killing units for the points and use it as a bombers training target.
I want to clear out Chungking so I can buy out those divisions for use where it really matters.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Does anyone know what these numbers are and how to get rid of them? My rotten cat walked on my keyboard.


- Attachments
-
- Whatisthis.jpg (420.15 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Really weird. I saved the game, quit, restarted and loaded the file and now the numbers are gone. I'm still curious as to what it is.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Hit "1" twice, then go through the numbers, then hit "1" twice again and see what you see.
Also hit "W" in a contested land mass area.
Also hit "W" in a contested land mass area.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Those look like the country codes. I think "4" is the hot key.ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Does anyone know what these numbers are and how to get rid of them? My rotten cat walked on my keyboard.
![]()
Your cat is a spy! [:D]
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: GetAssista
1:13 is not under FOW I believe, and I doubt that your own losses are subject to much FOW eitherORIGINAL: Lokasenna
Ground combat results have an enormous FoW factor - I've seen some by at least/around a factor of 2 (in both directions). Destroying a unit that I know has a TOE of 32 squads and seeing 60 destroyed, for example...
Nor will he be able to bring disabled squads back to ready. So those are effectively gone too.ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
If he doesn't have the supply at Chungking (2x needed) then he can't take any replacements. I doubt he has that.
They are, because both players see the same combat report text.
Squads returning from disabled to ready does not actually burn supply. I think units still need to have supply present. However, squads returning to ready will increase the supply consumption of the unit as disabled devices do not use as much supply.
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
No matter. I'll keep attacking until they are no more.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Thanks. Rotten cat. After she did that, she squinted at me and rubbed my arm. She knew. She's got to be a spy. Always sneaking around....
Cutest thing ever though. Rotten cat. [:D]
15 Oct 43
Sub War
5 Fleet
4 Fleet
Nothing to report.
SE Fleet
120x 2E sorties against Wewak.
Pretty quiet down here. I've lost sight of his carriers. All I know is that Essex and Lexington (both recently repaired) were last spotted at Pearl. The carriers that were in this area (Gettysburg, Hornet, Princeton and Independence) are gone, probably repairing light damage. Independence probably needs yard work.
KB1 and KB2 will team up tomorrow just in range of Aitape and (hopefully) out of ranges of spying eyes.
I'm rearranging MKB into 3 groups (by speed). I've recently gotten some new CVLs and repairs are complete (or just about complete) on some others. MKB1 will support KB and MKB2 & 3 will maintain vigil in the SRA. Here's the composition of each:
MKB1 (108 Zeros, 60 Jills), speed 28
Ryujo (36 F, 0 DB, 12 TB)
Nisshin (21, 0, 9)
Chitose (21, 0, 9)
Chiyoda (9, 0, 21)
Shoho (21, 0, 9)
MKB2: (90 Zeros, 18 Judies, 27 Jills), speed 24
Hiyo (27, 18, 9)
Mizuho (27, 0, 3)
Ryuho (24, 0, 9) – air complement arrives on 1 Nov 43.
Hosho (12, 0, 6)
MKB3: (27 Zeros, 54 Vals), speed 21
Chuyo: (27, 0, 0)
Unyo: (0, 27, 0)
Taiyo: (0, 27, 0)
MKB3’s DBs are well trained in naval attack and ASW. On occasion, I may pull one for convoy escort. They will be replaced with the Judy as they become available, within a month.
I don’t expect another air attack against Truk. I think he’ll just leave it alone, which is dangerous for him. If he heads up the PNG coast, that leaves a long flank open to attacks originating from Truk. He has eyes on it, but can’t do much to it. He has a couple of subs there but they’re keeping their distance. He admitted that my ASW efforts are pretty effective.
SRA
Nothing to report.
Burma
A total of 49 Franks swept Ledo today. Initially, 45 P-40N5s opposed them. When it was all said and done, 7 Franks were shot down but he lost 26 P-40s. I’m upgrading a third sentai to Franks in this theater and will swap them out to keep one sweeping Ledo at all times. Once he cries uncle and pulls his fighters out, then my Helens will close that base. Then that’ll be the end of any supply to Chungking.
China
Well, I screwed up here. I wasn’t keeping track of my units fatigue and disruption. I attacked too early and they were too tired to do much. Fortunately, they were too tired to really get into the attack so my losses were insignificant. The troops are tired though, so I’ll wait until they rest up.
Ground combat at Chungking (76,45)
Japanese Deliberate attack
Attacking force 184316 troops, 2102 guns, 1730 vehicles, Assault Value = 6344
Defending force 368568 troops, 867 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 12459
Japanese adjusted assault: 2312
Allied adjusted defense: 23485
Japanese assault odds: 1 to 10 (fort level 3)
Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:
Japanese ground losses:
17992 casualties reported
Squads: 36 destroyed, 1445 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 179 disabled
Engineers: 7 destroyed, 166 disabled
Guns lost 138 (2 destroyed, 136 disabled)
Vehicles lost 61 (7 destroyed, 54 disabled)
Allied ground losses:
14744 casualties reported
Squads: 72 destroyed, 938 disabled
Non Combat: 175 destroyed, 640 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 12 disabled
Guns lost 78 (49 destroyed, 29 disabled)
Units destroyed 7
The 7 destroyed units include an infantry brigade, 3 artillery regiments, 2 construction regiments and a base force.
I have 22 infantry divisions and 1 tank division allocated to the reduction of Chungking. Here’s what’s going on with them currently:
-2 Fresh divisions released from garrison duties and moving toward Chungking (a week or so out).
-2 Rested divisions moving back in (a couple days out).
-3 divisions resting.
-10 divisions moving out of Chungking for R&R.
-6 divisions remaining in Chungking.
I’ll continue to swap out fatigued divisions as division complete their R&R.
I’ll attack when I have ~5k AV of rested units.
In the mean time, about 150x 2E sorties a day.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: III/19 Naval Guard rebuilt, not sure where it’s going yet.
The Hiyo completed repairs from the battles of early August.
The B7A2 Grace R&D advanced to 11/44. I’m not sure when they will be ready because most of the factories aren’t fully repaired. In addition to the 1x30, there is 26(4), 23(7) and 21(9).
The Ha-43 engine factory R&D advanced to 7/45 (will become operational 5/44, when the George 5 becomes operational, by the way).
Cutest thing ever though. Rotten cat. [:D]
15 Oct 43
Sub War
5 Fleet
4 Fleet
Nothing to report.
SE Fleet
120x 2E sorties against Wewak.
Pretty quiet down here. I've lost sight of his carriers. All I know is that Essex and Lexington (both recently repaired) were last spotted at Pearl. The carriers that were in this area (Gettysburg, Hornet, Princeton and Independence) are gone, probably repairing light damage. Independence probably needs yard work.
KB1 and KB2 will team up tomorrow just in range of Aitape and (hopefully) out of ranges of spying eyes.
I'm rearranging MKB into 3 groups (by speed). I've recently gotten some new CVLs and repairs are complete (or just about complete) on some others. MKB1 will support KB and MKB2 & 3 will maintain vigil in the SRA. Here's the composition of each:
MKB1 (108 Zeros, 60 Jills), speed 28
Ryujo (36 F, 0 DB, 12 TB)
Nisshin (21, 0, 9)
Chitose (21, 0, 9)
Chiyoda (9, 0, 21)
Shoho (21, 0, 9)
MKB2: (90 Zeros, 18 Judies, 27 Jills), speed 24
Hiyo (27, 18, 9)
Mizuho (27, 0, 3)
Ryuho (24, 0, 9) – air complement arrives on 1 Nov 43.
Hosho (12, 0, 6)
MKB3: (27 Zeros, 54 Vals), speed 21
Chuyo: (27, 0, 0)
Unyo: (0, 27, 0)
Taiyo: (0, 27, 0)
MKB3’s DBs are well trained in naval attack and ASW. On occasion, I may pull one for convoy escort. They will be replaced with the Judy as they become available, within a month.
I don’t expect another air attack against Truk. I think he’ll just leave it alone, which is dangerous for him. If he heads up the PNG coast, that leaves a long flank open to attacks originating from Truk. He has eyes on it, but can’t do much to it. He has a couple of subs there but they’re keeping their distance. He admitted that my ASW efforts are pretty effective.
SRA
Nothing to report.
Burma
A total of 49 Franks swept Ledo today. Initially, 45 P-40N5s opposed them. When it was all said and done, 7 Franks were shot down but he lost 26 P-40s. I’m upgrading a third sentai to Franks in this theater and will swap them out to keep one sweeping Ledo at all times. Once he cries uncle and pulls his fighters out, then my Helens will close that base. Then that’ll be the end of any supply to Chungking.
China
Well, I screwed up here. I wasn’t keeping track of my units fatigue and disruption. I attacked too early and they were too tired to do much. Fortunately, they were too tired to really get into the attack so my losses were insignificant. The troops are tired though, so I’ll wait until they rest up.
Ground combat at Chungking (76,45)
Japanese Deliberate attack
Attacking force 184316 troops, 2102 guns, 1730 vehicles, Assault Value = 6344
Defending force 368568 troops, 867 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 12459
Japanese adjusted assault: 2312
Allied adjusted defense: 23485
Japanese assault odds: 1 to 10 (fort level 3)
Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:
Japanese ground losses:
17992 casualties reported
Squads: 36 destroyed, 1445 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 179 disabled
Engineers: 7 destroyed, 166 disabled
Guns lost 138 (2 destroyed, 136 disabled)
Vehicles lost 61 (7 destroyed, 54 disabled)
Allied ground losses:
14744 casualties reported
Squads: 72 destroyed, 938 disabled
Non Combat: 175 destroyed, 640 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 12 disabled
Guns lost 78 (49 destroyed, 29 disabled)
Units destroyed 7
The 7 destroyed units include an infantry brigade, 3 artillery regiments, 2 construction regiments and a base force.
I have 22 infantry divisions and 1 tank division allocated to the reduction of Chungking. Here’s what’s going on with them currently:
-2 Fresh divisions released from garrison duties and moving toward Chungking (a week or so out).
-2 Rested divisions moving back in (a couple days out).
-3 divisions resting.
-10 divisions moving out of Chungking for R&R.
-6 divisions remaining in Chungking.
I’ll continue to swap out fatigued divisions as division complete their R&R.
I’ll attack when I have ~5k AV of rested units.
In the mean time, about 150x 2E sorties a day.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: III/19 Naval Guard rebuilt, not sure where it’s going yet.
The Hiyo completed repairs from the battles of early August.
The B7A2 Grace R&D advanced to 11/44. I’m not sure when they will be ready because most of the factories aren’t fully repaired. In addition to the 1x30, there is 26(4), 23(7) and 21(9).
The Ha-43 engine factory R&D advanced to 7/45 (will become operational 5/44, when the George 5 becomes operational, by the way).
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Just a reminder so you won't forget. When one of those units at Chunking that you want to reease gets really trashed, buy it out cheap.
Gotta love them cats. [:D] I told a guy one time that I got used to sleeping with two females. [8D] He looked envious. Then I told him that one cat was by my head and the other one was by my feet. Then he had a sheepish look.
Gotta love them cats. [:D] I told a guy one time that I got used to sleeping with two females. [8D] He looked envious. Then I told him that one cat was by my head and the other one was by my feet. Then he had a sheepish look.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
Just a reminder so you won't forget. When one of those units at Chunking that you want to reease gets really trashed, buy it out cheap.
Yep, I keep that in mind. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I haven't had an divisions lose a lot of squads. Just disablements.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
What do you guys think of this? [:D]


- Attachments
-
- NavalSearch.jpg (360.69 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Yep, I keep that in mind. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I haven't had an divisions lose a lot of squads. Just disablements.
I think that the cost is for available devices. When a lot of devices are disabled, then the unit is cheaper.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
What do you guys think of this? [:D]
![]()
I spy holes to the east.
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
Yep, I keep that in mind. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I haven't had an divisions lose a lot of squads. Just disablements.
I think that the cost is for available devices. When a lot of devices are disabled, then the unit is cheaper.
+1
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
What do you guys think of this? [:D]
I think I've got a headache.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
What do you guys think of this? [:D]
Also, if he's got search assets in Manus, your CV's will be spotted.[:-]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
14 hexes distant? Maybe, but more likely not.




