THE THREAD

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

For many years this born and bred city boy never knew what the Milky Way looked like.  Then, I joined the Navy and went to sea.  Spectacular! 
 
I'm looking up from my deck at it right now, and it's still an awe inspiring sight.  [&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: USS America

Mmmmmmmm.  It is very easy to get a particular rum from Haiti here, called Barbencourt Rhum.  Even the "cheap" one is very smooth.  
Aaahh, get back to your vacation, slacker. All too soon, you'll have to rejoin the mindless parade of working stiffs, while those of us on permanent holiday continue to enjoy our petty amusements until my pal Grim the Reaper comes along and says it's time to go tits up.

I got up before sunrise today (hence my early presence here) and sat on my front terrace listening to the sea come in over the rocks until the sun rising slowly brought light and color to it, with each facet sparkling and changing from moment to moment creating a thousand beauties beyond the ability of any artist ever to capture.

I live in a place you can only get to by taking a boat to the nearest village, then walking almost three kilometers along a primitive path (if you're lazy, you can hire an oxcart in the village, which is how I get my heavier supplies delivered).

I think of myself as the luckiest of men.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Gem35
Posts: 3420
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Gem35 »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: USS America

Mmmmmmmm.  It is very easy to get a particular rum from Haiti here, called Barbencourt Rhum.  Even the "cheap" one is very smooth.  
Aaahh, get back to your vacation, slacker. All too soon, you'll have to rejoin the mindless parade of working stiffs, while those of us on permanent holiday continue to enjoy our petty amusements until my pal Grim the Reaper comes along and says it's time to go tits up.

I got up before sunrise today (hence my early presence here) and sat on my front terrace listening to the sea come in over the rocks until the sun rising slowly brought light and color to it, with each facet sparkling and changing from moment to moment creating a thousand beauties beyond the ability of any artist ever to capture.

I live in a place you can only get to by taking a boat to the nearest village, then walking almost three kilometers along a primitive path (if you're lazy, you can hire an oxcart in the village, which is how I get my heavier supplies delivered).

I think of myself as the luckiest of men.
Awesome pas, where do you live though?
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
Mac67
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: Essex, England

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mac67 »

ORIGINAL: USS America
Something similar happened to me last weekend, Mac. One of the channels had on about 3 hours of Hogan's Heros, and my 10 year old watched a bunch of them wth me. He thought it was a riot. [:)]

Nice! [8D]

So far I have managed to get Jasmine into Batman, Spiderman, The Goodies, Bottom, AC/DC and her all time favorite Dr Who.

Its really great when you see your kids digging the same stuff that you did [:)]

"If you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

ImageThe Rose and Crown, a forum for British Gentlemen
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: USS America
Adam West was really funny, but the best parts, as someone mentioned earlier, were the scenes where they were climbing the side of buildings. [:D]
At least now I'm "someone" instead of "nobody."

"Holy cheap tights, Batman, looks like we're both dressing on the right today!"


Image
Attachments
BattyandRobbie.jpg
BattyandRobbie.jpg (41.91 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
thegreatwent
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am
Location: Denver, CO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by thegreatwent »

Yay! My day has been made. Buck O'Neil is going into the Baseball Hall of Fame with his own award. Its about time but I'm glad he finally got in.[:)]
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Gem35
Awesome pas, where do you live though?
I don't like to be too particular on the Internet. Let's just say that I am encrusted on the Sea Between Lands like a jewel in the detail work of a long-lost royal crown. The few people here seem to have accepted me as a neighbor and friend, which makes it all the better.

If they knew what a phony I am, they'd pry me out and toss me into the fish guts bucket...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: USS America

Mmmmmmmm.  It is very easy to get a particular rum from Haiti here, called Barbencourt Rhum.  Even the "cheap" one is very smooth.  
Aaahh, get back to your vacation, slacker. All too soon, you'll have to rejoin the mindless parade of working stiffs, while those of us on permanent holiday continue to enjoy our petty amusements until my pal Grim the Reaper comes along and says it's time to go tits up.

I got up before sunrise today (hence my early presence here) and sat on my front terrace listening to the sea come in over the rocks until the sun rising slowly brought light and color to it, with each facet sparkling and changing from moment to moment creating a thousand beauties beyond the ability of any artist ever to capture.

I live in a place you can only get to by taking a boat to the nearest village, then walking almost three kilometers along a primitive path (if you're lazy, you can hire an oxcart in the village, which is how I get my heavier supplies delivered).

I think of myself as the luckiest of men.

I was going to try to gloat a little bit more by describing our post dinner snorkling where we watched the sun set into the ocean. Pas, I can't touch your description above. Well said, my man, well said! [&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Gem35
Posts: 3420
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Gem35 »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: Gem35
Awesome pas, where do you live though?
I don't like to be too particular on the Internet. Let's just say that I am encrusted on the Sea Between Lands like a jewel in the detail work of a long-lost royal crown. The few people here seem to have accepted me as a neighbor and friend, which makes it all the better.

If they knew what a phony I am, they'd pry me out and toss me into the fish guts bucket...
Phony or not, don't change my friend.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Well, my laptop battery is not going to last much longer, and neither am I.  Time to head in and recharge both of us. 
 
Good night, all.  [>:]
 
BTW, Gem, we still have the house for 11 more days.  Hop on a plane and bring your snorkle gear!  [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: USS America
I was going to try to gloat a little bit more by describing our post dinner snorkling where we watched the sun set into the ocean. Pas, I can't touch your description above. Well said, my man, well said! [&o]
Aw, shoot. Go ahead and gloat. Sounds like you got a pretty doggone good life going for yourself. Congrats.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Gem35
Phony or not, don't change my friend.
Thanks for that. And I mean thanks for that.

Meanwhile, you maniacs are going to have to do without me for a few days. I know it'll be tough.

I am heading out this morning (in about half an hour, actually) for the mainland, to review a little sloop I am thinking about buying. I have got to get independent transportation going here. While I'm at it, the "main squeeze" is flying in for a few days of sailing and ... and ... well, you know.

We are going to sail around aimlessly while I get a feel for this boat and see whether I can live without it or not.

At the same time, I know Rani (that's the female love interest's name) wants to find out where this relationship is going. As you guys all know from experience, she's lately been into that "let's talk" mode - and you know what THAT means. She doesn't know it yet, but I'm also going to be deciding whether I can live without HER or not...

Ah, me. It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be tough. I love it. My life is the greatest right now. I hope it lasts.

I'll check in with y'all when I get back. Might even have a few photos from my new digital cam, too.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 4473
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Alabama - ROLL TIDE!!!!!

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: Gem35


[Or Burgess meredith as Penguin.[:)]


Image


Wernk, wernk, wernk, wernk, wernk....
Image
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

Morning chaps [:)]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25459
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Tithe... Almost back up to 6,000 there, Leo.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25459
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Tithe... Almost back up to 6,000 there, Leo.

Ahh... yes... believe it or not I completely overlooked that... [:)]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25459
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

OK... 6000 (for the 2nd time I think)... [:D]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
goodboyladdie
Posts: 3470
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:35 pm
Location: Rendlesham, Suffolk

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by goodboyladdie »

I am under a constant attack from pop ups and tojans. I have Spy Doctor and McAfee on my side, but just cannot seem to get rid of them - any ideas? I am getting really pissed off after four days of it. I clean up, but everytime I go online they are waiting for me again...[:@][:@][:@][&:]
Image

Art by the amazing Dixie
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”