FIFTY SHADES OF WiTE: SILLYFLOWER V BRIANG

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

User avatar
821Bobo
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:20 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by 821Bobo »

ORIGINAL: RKhan
Which UI or map mod are you using please? It looks better than the basic and more informative.

It's Jison's mod
tm.asp?m=3327255&mpage=1&key=
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

The next turn

Image

The nearest we get to a war of movement - not that I'm complaining. Towards the top, Brian advances in the odd hex and I rout him out of some of them again. Kursk and Orel are in a bit of trouble though.
Attachments
B27mid.jpg
B27mid.jpg (992.05 KiB) Viewed 345 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

South


Image

Russians not getting very far, although they seem to enjoy routing when over-stacked during the retreat [:)].
Attachments
B27s.jpg
B27s.jpg (972.06 KiB) Viewed 345 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
Manstein63
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:58 pm

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by Manstein63 »

I would be interested to see your defence values for comparison purposes. You're doing nearly as well as I am in my game as the Axis [:D][:D][:'(]
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

Funny you should ask that. I took the pics you want earlier today but you will have to wait until I post T30
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

For those interested in combat results under the current beta (.08). 3 posts I'm afraid as I don't know how to put them into 1. Hope they are of some interest to Morvael + Denniss as they work on .09 even if no-one else. First here:

Image
Attachments
B27results1.jpg
B27results1.jpg (776.38 KiB) Viewed 345 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

2nd

Image

The German s defending @ Zmienca (6 up from bottom) should be thoroughly ashamed. They outnumbered their attackers, killed 352 men, 2 arty and 18 tanks for the loss of only 4 men, but still retreated. For that matter, the 4 were probably only lost during the retreat. Otherwise a grim read for Stalin fanboys as virtually every combat resulted in a counterattack or withdrawl.
Attachments
B27results2.jpg
B27results2.jpg (785.65 KiB) Viewed 345 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

3rd

Image

Best /only way to get decent loss ratios as Soviets vs Germans is to get a 'scouted' result which is a little counter-intuitive [&:], or attack the allies.
Attachments
B27results3.jpg
B27results3.jpg (768.09 KiB) Viewed 345 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

Thoughts on T27

As with T26, G combat losses during R turn 26 + attrition was only 37K v 47K russian losses and 1 soviet inf xx shattered. In G T27 losses were 2.7K to 9.1K, air 40 to 79. Russian OOB just under 4.6M and axis total just under 5M. For the first time in the game, G AFVs outnumbered R by 4292 to 4244!

Happy to see a mainly static front, but not much Brian can do before .09 comes out, and that might be too late for him unless it v comes v. soon. From reading Loki's posts on both his AAR v Viga and on Brian's thread re retreat rules in the war room, .08 has caused real unfairness to the russians in existing games due to lack of advance testing; not that enough testing can ever be done in advance of major changes and there is a lot of good in .08. WiTE is an excellent subject for the study of the law of unintended consequences [:(]. Its complexity is both a strength and a weakness.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
Michael T
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia.

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by Michael T »

Why don't/didn't you guys put the game on hold till 09 comes along?

BTW I loved the cakewalk joke, best laugh I had in a long time [:)]
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

My other opponent expects .09 in April so my Russians are carrying on because he's doomed anyway. I also could not bear to give him the moral satisfaction.

I could say the same for Brian's winter O [:D] (he's doing his T30) but it would be good manners to offer. Actually it would be a classic oneupmanship ploy so I can't resist......
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

Brian accepted the offer of a pause until .09 comes out, so this AAR will have to mark time too.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Michael T

BTW I loved the cakewalk joke, best laugh I had in a long time [:)]

Everyone should now call you The Pink Panzer
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
Manstein63
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:58 pm

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by Manstein63 »

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

My other opponent expects .09 in April so my Russians are carrying on because he's doomed anyway. I also could not bear to give him the moral satisfaction.

I could say the same for Brian's winter O [:D] (he's doing his T30) but it would be good manners to offer. Actually it would be a classic oneupmanship ploy so I can't resist......

[:-][:-][:-] I don't have any problem with waiting for .09 to come out before continuing our game if you so wish [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

I do not want to prolong your death throes. That would be bad manners.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

The duplicitous communists have continued to attack despite the temporary ceasefire. They will not get far.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

This on opening Brian's turn. I'm not sure whether to shoot the regimental commander for retreating, or to give him a medal for a very skillful delaying action [&:]

Image
Attachments
B31retreat.jpg
B31retreat.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 345 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
DesertedFox
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:13 am

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by DesertedFox »

How do you spell Pryyhic victory?

A few more of those and Stalin will be seeking terms.
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

Pyrrhic after Pyrrhus, King of Epirus and relative of Alexander the Great.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
DesertedFox
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:13 am

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by DesertedFox »

Lol. I think your commander must have been related to Mandrake the Magician to perform that disappearing
act in front of the onrushing Russian horde.
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”