ORIGINAL: ravinhood
Thing is Maestro you can play 100 games against the same "human" opponent and reach that same knowledge and boredom. As humans we like things that are NEW...look how you all drool over the anticipation of a newly released game and it's not a day after release for a lot of gamers looking for the next NEW release and/or starting the usual WISHLIST thread on EVERY game. lol I see a couple of people here I think just buy games to be buying them to perhaps be the first to comment on them and then they are off into some other thread or website. But, with that human psychology I think that's why some prefer PBEM or Online opponents, they NEED NEW opponents so they can get a fix of something different each game. It all boils down to the same though, you can play against a lousy human opponent or a lousy AI or you can get lucky and play against a good/great opponent and also play some games with good/great AI's. I personally think they balance out. There's no perfect opponent human or AI.
Tis all true. Those are also all good reason for players to belong to a club with a ladder; you can see who a real player is and who is the yapper, who the rookie is and who is the pro. The War Gamer ladder is a very, very basic ladder. It could be modernized to include comments about a particular scenario and the opponent for the game played.
Also chatting while trying to play a war game can interupt my concentration of my turn. Last thing I want is someone chatterboxing while I'm trying to think out my turn. Thus, for some of us even face to face encounters via TCP/IP must be sort of anti social. I prefer to talk about the game and history of the game and whatnot AFTER or BEFORE the actual game.
Check; in game talk is game related and limited. Normal banter is for afterwords.






