New Royal Baby

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Zorch »

Lord Percy was veto'ed by the Queen.
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

I was secretly hoping for:

Tarquin Fin-Tim-Lin-Bin-Whin-Bim-Lim-Bus-Stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel.

Oh well. Maybe next time.
warspite1

Yeah it was very close to happening too. There were lots of heated arguments between the Royal Family members overheard on Tuesday evening by the nursing staff. However, try as she might, The Queen just could not get William and Kate to go along with it..... so they got their way with plain old George.


Image
Attachments
LordPercy.jpg
LordPercy.jpg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 301 times
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by wodin »

Thought it would be George.
User avatar
Qwixt
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:33 am

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Qwixt »

So was he named after George H. W. Bush or George W Bush?
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Thought it would be George.
warspite1

Doesn't count if you say it afterwards [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

His last name is that of the Title his Father holds. Starts with a C, can't remember what it is though.
warspite1

You mean Cambridge. But no, that is not correct, the answer is a mix of mine and Zorch's posts above.

The Prince is from the House of Windsor.

He doesn't need a surname, although to the extent he uses one (e.g. upon marriage) its Mountbatten-Windsor.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Treale

George Alexander Louis? What's his last name, Windsor?
warspite1

Good question. They don't really use surname's, but he is from the house of Windsor.
Bulldust. It's Saxe-Coburg-Gothe. That sleight of hand from 1917 doesn't fool me [;)]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

His last name is that of the Title his Father holds. Starts with a C, can't remember what it is though.
warspite1

You mean Cambridge. But no, that is not correct, the answer is a mix of mine and Zorch's posts above.

The Prince is from the House of Windsor.

He doesn't need a surname, although to the extent he uses one (e.g. upon marriage) its Mountbatten-Windsor.
Von Battenberg-Saxe-Coburg-Gothe (see above) [;)]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Neilster
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

His last name is that of the Title his Father holds. Starts with a C, can't remember what it is though.
warspite1

You mean Cambridge. But no, that is not correct, the answer is a mix of mine and Zorch's posts above.

The Prince is from the House of Windsor.

He doesn't need a surname, although to the extent he uses one (e.g. upon marriage) its Mountbatten-Windsor.
Von Battenberg-Saxe-Coburg-Gothe (see above) [;)]

Cheers, Neilster
warspite1

I think we've been here before [;)]

So for the avoidance of doubt, what you are saying is; because Prince Albert (1819-1861) was German (and indeed Queen Victoria herself was from the House of Hanover) the present Queen, her father, grandfather and great grandfather are/were all German despite being born in this country.

So what does that make you? Greek? British? Irish? What? Clearly by your logic you cannot - and nor can anyone else (apart from Aborigines) be Australian [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Chickenboy »

Couldn't give a rip about a new princelette being born to the UK Royals. However, Kate and William seem to have the trappings of a very nice young couple, so I wish them well on and a life of happiness with their first born son. Same as I'd do for any other couple out there in the world. Well done!
Image
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Neilster »

I think we've been here before

So for the avoidance of doubt, what you are saying is; because Prince Albert (1819-1861) was German (and indeed Queen Victoria herself was from the House of Hanover) the present Queen, her father, grandfather and great grandfather are/were all German despite being born in this country.

So what does that make you? Greek? British? Irish? What? Clearly by your logic you cannot - and nor can anyone else (apart from Aborigines) be Australian

Pretty much. Europeans have only been here for 225 years so although there's a cultural concept of Australian-ness, apart from the Aborigines a genetic claim is baloney.

But I didn't say they weren't British. They can be as British (well, English really...let's be honest) as they like but they are supposed to have a German surname. These proud German names have been around for centuries and just because of one inconvenient little world war against the beastly Hun they changed their name to these bogus English sounding ones less than a hundred years ago [:)]

Their real name is as German as eating Bratwurst on an efficiently run and on-time train whilst invading France every generation or so [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Neilster »

...and, as I have pointed out above, they're all a bunch of imposters anyway.

I wish little Georg Von Battenberg-Saxe-Coburg-Gothe all the best but I wish he'd get off my tellie now. What utter bilge.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

I was secretly hoping for:

Tarquin Fin-Tim-Lin-Bin-Whin-Bim-Lim-Bus-Stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

That would be from the house of the Very Silly Windsors. Alas, haven't heard much of them in a long time. [:(]
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Neilster
I think we've been here before

So for the avoidance of doubt, what you are saying is; because Prince Albert (1819-1861) was German (and indeed Queen Victoria herself was from the House of Hanover) the present Queen, her father, grandfather and great grandfather are/were all German despite being born in this country.

So what does that make you? Greek? British? Irish? What? Clearly by your logic you cannot - and nor can anyone else (apart from Aborigines) be Australian

They can be as British (well, English really...let's be honest)
warspite1

English? Not really. The Royal Family are VERY proud of their Scottish roots - Princess Anne and her family in particular. Her son played Rugby for Scotland. The Queen Mother was Scottish born and bred (so by your reckoning the Queen is actually only half German, the other half being Scottish - no English at all. Nor are William and Harry English as they are half Greek, half Scottish by your definition.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Neilster »

I stand corrected. I don't follow the ins and outs of the Royal Family because I think it's an undemocratic load of old bollocks [>:]

However, I didn't define anything. I just stated that they should still have a very German surname [:-]

BTW, my Scottish mates want them to bugger off. They'd also like a proper, independent country like everyone else, please, and English people who bang on about their poxy pretend parliament tend to get punched repeatedly in the head [;)]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
PipFromSlitherine
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 pm

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Straying dangerously close to politics guys. If you can't think of anything nice to say, etc...

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

I stand corrected. I don't follow the ins and outs of the Royal Family because I think it's an undemocratic load of old bollocks [>:]

However, I didn't define anything. I just stated that they should still have a very German surname [:-]

BTW, my Scottish mates want them to bugger off. They'd also like a proper, independent country like everyone else, please, and English people who bang on about their poxy pretend parliament tend to get punched repeatedly in the head [;)]

Cheers, Neilster
warspite1
I think it's an undemocratic load of old b******s

Fair enough - and of course that is your democratic right, what with living in a democracy and all. Who is Queen of Australia? [:D] Not so undemocratic after all is it?
BTW, my Scottish mates want them to bugger off. They'd also like a proper, independent country like everyone else, please, and English people who bang on about their poxy pretend parliament tend to get punched repeatedly in the head

Hee hee [:)] - and those that feel that way need to be VERY careful about what they wish for.....

I must admit I do have a bit of a split personality when it comes to this subject. I am a dyed in the wool Unionist who fervently hopes that Scotland choose to remain part of the Union. However, I am fully aware my love of Scotland is romantic and is in no way based on economic grounds.

If I was basing my decision on cold hard economic grounds then of course things would be very different. Who pays for Scottish healthcare and education standards that are better than my own country's? Why I and my fellow Englishmen do of course.

On my less charitable days therefore (despite my true feelings above) there is a part of me that would like to see those who genuinely hate the English see what happens if they got their wish. In that regard - and as far as those people are concerned - its a shame the split did not happen in the early 2000's. What did Alex Salmond say? He wanted Scotland's economy to follow the example of Iceland... good ******** grief.... Good luck with that.

Oh and btw, re the pretend parliament b******s? Yes I quite agree. Either do something properly or not at all...

Scotland is a beautiful country, and its people have contributed so much to the history of the United Kingdom (and therefore the world) in all fields - science, exploration, military, healthcare, religion. I hope she remains part of the Union, but if the majority want to become independent for the right reasons, then I genuinely wish them good luck.

If they want to go because of some childish, boring, out-dated blind hatred of the English, then I hope the people with that chip on their shoulder get everything they ask for [:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Aurelian »

If nothing else, this birth pushed the Kardashians out of the spotlight. At least for now.
Building a new PC.
Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by Aurelian »

double post.
Building a new PC.
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by wodin »

I like the fact we still have our Royalty..Would be a crying shame if we ever got rid of them..

@warspite..yeah I should have said George earlier..oh hum
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: New Royal Baby

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

If nothing else, this birth pushed the Kardashians out of the spotlight. At least for now.
warspite1

See! I told you our monarchy is a good thing [;)] Good work George [&o]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”