New General Quarters Sound

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

User avatar
Von Rom
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am

Re: Re: !

Post by Von Rom »

Originally posted by Sonny


They all sound alike to me and I don't like the sonar sound with them. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Sonny: they are all the same sounds, but they all have different numbers to correspond to all the torp sounds in the game.

You don't like the sonar sound? I think it gives the torps a very realistic sound before they launch. . . but that's just me. . .

Cheers!
User avatar
mariovalleemtl
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Cool!

Post by mariovalleemtl »

You see, me, it the sonar that I love. Different persons=Different taste. That why I put a siren in my mods.

Me to I think they're hard-coded to play. To bad.


mv

PS ; What a great game :)
Image Image Image
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Re: Re: !

Post by Sonny »

Originally posted by Von Rom


Sonny: they are all the same sounds, but they all have different numbers to correspond to all the torp sounds in the game.

You don't like the sonar sound? I think it gives the torps a very realistic sound before they launch. . . but that's just me. . .

Cheers!
Well, I also don't like the sonar sound when a sub attacks and then you hear the sonar sound when there are no DDs in the TF the sub attacks. Just picky I guess.:)
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
Von Rom
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am

Re: Re: Re: Re: !

Post by Von Rom »

Originally posted by Sonny


Well, I also don't like the sonar sound when a sub attacks and then you hear the sonar sound when there are no DDs in the TF the sub attacks. Just picky I guess.:)
Heehee. . .

I know what you mean.

For me, though, the more pings, bongs, bings. . . I hear in the game, the better. . . adds a little more flavour. . .

Cheers!
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”