1st Marine Div??

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Reg
Posts: 2793
Joined: Fri May 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NSW, Australia

RE: 1st Marine Div??

Post by Reg »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I take my info from the TV Series and book "The Pacific", which showed the Marines in Australia both before and after Guadalcanal - but that may have been only one regiment.

Remember that "The Pacific" followed the stories of three characters and had input from several different novels. It wouldn't be hard to lose track of who was in which unit and where....

The First Regiment of the 1st Marine Division were quartered at Camp Murphy [Melbourne Cricket Ground] for several months in early to mid-1943.

U.S. Forces at the MCG
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20772
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: 1st Marine Div??

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Reg

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I take my info from the TV Series and book "The Pacific", which showed the Marines in Australia both before and after Guadalcanal - but that may have been only one regiment.

Remember that "The Pacific" followed the stories of three characters and had input from several different novels. It wouldn't be hard to lose track of who was in which unit and where....

The First Regiment of the 1st Marine Division were quartered at Camp Murphy [Melbourne Cricket Ground] for several months in early to mid-1943.

U.S. Forces at the MCG
Been some time since I watched the series, so it seems I remembered the MCG sequence ... out of sequence! [:D] I plead old age and wine!

Image
Attachments
inbredsmiley.gif
inbredsmiley.gif (18.56 KiB) Viewed 122 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”