Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Bodhi
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 am
Location: Japan

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Bodhi »

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

would it be posible to have another feature like a ship shighting record database ?

example : in a combat report of 1/4/42 combat report says that BB Nagato has bombarded blabla...

the ship name, date and hex to be stored in a database.

when the next sighting of this ship is, fill it in again, connecting the the old sighting with the new ones..

over the time you will get a fairly accurate intel report how and where your enemy uses his ships, which ships etc. and you can keep track of them easily :)

just like the real guys did ;-)

Perfectly possible, and I'd thought of doing something like that. Not implemented in this initial version though.
Bodhi
User avatar
KPAX
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:19 pm
Location: Where the heart is; Home of the Fighting Irish

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by KPAX »

ORIGINAL: Nessaja
What is Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 ? Since I have to ask this, I probably don't have it ?
Where can I get it ?

From Microsoft updates.

Hmmm, I do not see it. Can someone help me find this.

I have a new machine, XP, and did Windows Update. There are not updates.

Went to Start / Program and do not see Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1

What am I missing ?
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Image

Thanks !!

KPAX
User avatar
Belphegor
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 2:03 am

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Belphegor »

ORIGINAL: KPAX
ORIGINAL: Nessaja
What is Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 ? Since I have to ask this, I probably don't have it ?
Where can I get it ?

From Microsoft updates.

Hmmm, I do not see it. Can someone help me find this.

I have a new machine, XP, and did Windows Update. There are not updates.

Went to Start / Program and do not see Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1

What am I missing ?


If it is installed you should be able to see it in control panel, administrative tools, there should be a couple of .net things in there if it is installed.
User avatar
Bodhi
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 am
Location: Japan

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Bodhi »

ORIGINAL: KPAX

Hmmm, I do not see it. Can someone help me find this.

I have a new machine, XP, and did Windows Update. There are not updates.

Went to Start / Program and do not see Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1

What am I missing ?

Missing nothing probably, but you won't see the Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 in the Start-> Programs menu. As mentioned above, you can see it via the Add/Remove Applications list.

For anyone that doesn't have it you can get it here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

If you're still not sure if you have it or not, don't worry: the installer checks for it (and the Windows installer) and will warn you it either is missing. URLs for both will be in the ReadMe.
Bodhi
User avatar
adsoul
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:08 pm

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by adsoul »

ORIGINAL: Bodhi
ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

would it be posible to have another feature like a ship shighting record database ?

example : in a combat report of 1/4/42 combat report says that BB Nagato has bombarded blabla...

the ship name, date and hex to be stored in a database.

when the next sighting of this ship is, fill it in again, connecting the the old sighting with the new ones..

over the time you will get a fairly accurate intel report how and where your enemy uses his ships, which ships etc. and you can keep track of them easily :)

just like the real guys did ;-)

Perfectly possible, and I'd thought of doing something like that. Not implemented in this initial version though.

I don't know what "Bodhi" means in Japanese. In my personal language means "You're a great men and there's any evidence you have the same concept about this game that I have, for you're building all the stuffs that I do... manually! Maybe we should design a game together... when I'll have learnt to program [;)]
morphin
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:51 pm
Location: Switzerland

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by morphin »

Bodhi,

What's about your great programm? Ready to download [:D]
User avatar
Bodhi
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 am
Location: Japan

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Bodhi »

It was until I started tinkering with it today. [:D]

I managed to swipe the wife's Win XP lap top for testing, so I'm nearly there. Just hope she doesn't miss it later. [;)]

I aim to spend a bit more time on it tonight, and hope to put something up later. Apologies to anyone waiting.
Bodhi
nico71
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:35 pm

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by nico71 »

*drooooool*

Looks like the best thing since sliced bread! [;)]
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by tsimmonds »

I have just installed the utility. Looks great. However, the feature I was most interested in, I can't get to work. I am wanting to export scenario database files. I have set up my game in the utility, the other features seem to work, but when I go into tools/export scenario database files and select one of the options, nothing happens. No *.csv files have been created anywhere on my C: drive. What am I doing wrong?
Fear the kitten!
User avatar
Bodhi
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 am
Location: Japan

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Bodhi »

Probably not doing anything wrong. I haven't checked the export functions in a long time, I assumed everyone would be using the other two export utilities available. Of course the program still needs to read the database files, so I'll check why the results aren't being exported. Won't be until tomorrow at the earliest though.

In the meantime you might want to check Arkady's export util tm.asp?m=741349
or michealm's export util tm.asp?m=697305
Bodhi
User avatar
Thilo
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:48 am
Location: Munich, Germany

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Thilo »

Bodhi, everthing you wrote about your tools sounds cool, so I am waiting for your conversion to WIN 98.
What I did in EXCEL is counting the mentioning of the SIGINT-locations on a daily basis from the text-file, summing up the hits over time and aging them, e.g. with a factor of 0.99, thus giving a statistical weight of the mentioned bases. This leads to supply centers and staging areas beeing mostly mentioned over some weeks. Understandable?
Could this be implemented in your tool? What do you think.

Thilo
User avatar
Bodhi
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 am
Location: Japan

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Bodhi »

Hi Thilo,

Interesting idea. Something like that could be implemented. In the current version only 100 days of data are stored by default, but that can be extended if needed, or this infomation stored separately. Let me get the Win98/ME version out first (I need this version as well), then maybe we could look at it.
Bodhi
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by tsimmonds »

In the meantime you might want to check Arkady's export util tm.asp?m=741349
or michealm's export util tm.asp?m=697305
Arkady's export doesn't seem to do LCUs, which is what I am interested in. I can't get michealm's export util to run, it just flashes a window with what looks like a DOS prompt and then instantly disappears. I have downloaded this *.exe from three different sources, all behave the same way.
Fear the kitten!
User avatar
Bodhi
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 am
Location: Japan

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Bodhi »

OK, I'll put looking at the export at the top of the ToDo list, partly because it should be very easy to fix. [;)]

No access to the source right now and it's a long time since I wrote that part, but I think it doesn't export the TOE data for LCUs. It does export the following: unit name, HQ, type, location, experience, morale, fatigue, target, planning, date avail. Hope that covers what you need.
Bodhi
User avatar
Herrbear
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Glendora, CA

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by Herrbear »

Thank you for the link to .NET Framework.
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by tsimmonds »

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

OK, I'll put looking at the export at the top of the ToDo list, partly because it should be very easy to fix. [;)]

No access to the source right now and it's a long time since I wrote that part, but I think it doesn't export the TOE data for LCUs. It does export the following: unit name, HQ, type, location, experience, morale, fatigue, target, planning, date avail. Hope that covers what you need.

A list of the names with location and HQ affiliation would be fantastic. TOE is secondary stuff, can be filled in manually as needed. Need a planning tool bad though. Thanks very much for your efforts.
Fear the kitten!
User avatar
tanjman
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Griffin, GA

RE: Any interest in this WitP Utility/File Manager?

Post by tanjman »

irrelevent,

michealm's witpdump is a dos program, this is how I get it to work for me:

I created a new directory where i put witpload and a copy of all the WitP scenario files.

Created a shortcut for a dos prompt/window that puts me (the dos prompt in that directory/folder).

At this dos prompt/window I then type in witpdump /sxxx (with xxx being the scenario number) you will see a list of .csv files being created.

Close the dos prompt/window the launch whichever program I want to use to open the .csv files.
ORIGINAL: irrelevant
In the meantime you might want to check Arkady's export util tm.asp?m=741349
or michealm's export util tm.asp?m=697305
Arkady's export doesn't seem to do LCUs, which is what I am interested in. I can't get michealm's export util to run, it just flashes a window with what looks like a DOS prompt and then instantly disappears. I have downloaded this *.exe from three different sources, all behave the same way.
Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”