How do you stay organized?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Crimguy
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:42 pm
Location: Cave Creek, AZ

RE: How do you stay organized?

Post by Crimguy »

Mike, there's a reason they stuck you in logistics!
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Hi Guys,
For the first turn as the Japanese, I will spend 40-60 hours preparing everything to include logistics, production and operations. To be honest though, I'm an operations officer in the Guard and am just coming of a deployment out of the country as a logistics officer. (I actually arrive home tomorrow.) I was deployed when I got the game. This kind of planning is my thing.
________________________
www.azcrimes.com
<sig removed because I'm a bandwidth hog>
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: How do you stay organized?

Post by mogami »

Hi, I have never done a Japanese turn 1 in under 24 hours. I think I have done Dec 7 1941 at least 100 times. (most likely the number is much higher. There was a period where I did nothing but 1 turn one after another. )
When I first began I needed a week
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: How do you stay organized?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, I have never done a Japanese turn 1 in under 24 hours. I think I have done Dec 7 1941 at least 100 times. (most likely the number is much higher. There was a period where I did nothing but 1 turn one after another. )
When I first began I needed a week

I remember when we first met on the forums during UVs development and you were busy plotting out strategies for WITP and it was a year or so away! Hard core.[&o][X(]
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
Tristanjohn
Posts: 3027
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 4:50 am
Location: Daly City CA USA
Contact:

RE: How do you stay organized?

Post by Tristanjohn »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, I have never done a Japanese turn 1 in under 24 hours. I think I have done Dec 7 1941 at least 100 times. (most likely the number is much higher. There was a period where I did nothing but 1 turn one after another. )
When I first began I needed a week

I remember when we first met on the forums during UVs development and you were busy plotting out strategies for WITP and it was a year or so away! Hard core.[&o][X(]

I'll say! [:D]

But seriously, Mogami, I know you take your gaming hard and if ever there was a game for that sort of fella . . . this is the one. I've never done a Japanese first turn, but if I ever did I could easily imagine spending a day or two on it, trying to make sense of it all. (Then pounding my head afterward for all the dumb mistakes I made. [:)])
Regarding Frank Jack Fletcher: They should have named an oiler after him instead. -- Irrelevant
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”