StarForce Again!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by JudgeDredd »

Yes...ravinhood...but I've also already said that I won't buy any games in the future that I know have starforce or any other system akin to it as a protection system...I'm just not giving up X3 and GTR/GTL....

So, I guess I'm a rebel....yeahhhh!!
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
ravinhood
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:26 am

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by ravinhood »

Oh ok that works for me then long as you're with us the rest of the way. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?


User avatar
Jevhaddah_Slitherine
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:38 am
Location: Scotland

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by Jevhaddah_Slitherine »

@Rhonda: Helloo.. I have heard of people doing what you say in yer post, SF will install itself again next time yoo play the game.

Possible caveat to this is the Pro-active SF like that on Universal Combat Worlds Apart, where I believe that yoo have to re-register after each re-installation.

I think this has been discussed in a previous thread, so do a wee search as I would not want to give yoo bad advice.

Personaly I have removed all SF protected games from my system and am waiting to see if the budget versions released after sales slump have the protection removed.

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
Riun T
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:22 pm

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by Riun T »

I would like to know if any of u have a list of ALL the copy protection software that we steady gamers should keep an eye on and a listing of all the names that starforce is {hidden } sold as.
I'm also extremely supprized that no one has successfully sued their bussiness out from under them?? microsoft gets pretty choked if other[small unconsequential private companies] programs interfear,overwrite or alter their default functions of operating systems.[&:]
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: Riun T

I would like to know if any of u have a list of ALL the copy protection software that we steady gamers should keep an eye on and a listing of all the names that starforce is {hidden } sold as.
I'm also extremely supprized that no one has successfully sued their bussiness out from under them?? microsoft gets pretty choked if other[small unconsequential private companies] programs interfear,overwrite or alter their default functions of operating systems.[&:]

They have. Not sure of progress though.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/legal/5m-c ... 164303.php

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
watchtower
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Republic of Kilburn. London UK

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by watchtower »

The way that hatred of this rubbish is spreading around various forums equals the death of it anyway.
Image

User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: watchtower

The way that hatred of this rubbish is spreading around various forums equals the death of it anyway.

Very true. Any company that even considers this form of copy protection is guaranteeing a huge hit to their potential sales. The amount of negative publicity out there insures that even the casual purchaser is going to hear something... and then react negatively. After all, what noob wants to deal with "Direct Memory Access" corrupted IDE drivers and so forth. Sounds like something to stay clear of if you aren't computer literate [:-]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: StarForce Again!

Post by anarchyintheuk »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn
ORIGINAL: watchtower

The way that hatred of this rubbish is spreading around various forums equals the death of it anyway.

Very true. Any company that even considers this form of copy protection is guaranteeing a huge hit to their potential sales. The amount of negative publicity out there insures that even the casual purchaser is going to hear something... and then react negatively. After all, what noob wants to deal with "Direct Memory Access" corrupted IDE drivers and so forth. Sounds like something to stay clear of if you aren't computer literate [:-]

I'd like to believe that, but stupidity has no known limits.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”