Disregard...

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Disregard...

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Whaaaat?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
thegreatwent
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am
Location: Denver, CO

RE: Disregard...

Post by thegreatwent »

Disregard this bump.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

Okay[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

Yah, I'll look the other way ... this time.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

I'll look the other way every time. This is the dieregard thread[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
thegreatwent
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am
Location: Denver, CO

RE: Disregard...

Post by thegreatwent »

I wish that after submitting a bad turn you could toggle a disregard button[:D] .
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: Disregard...

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

I wish that after submitting a bad turn you could toggle a disregard button[:D] .

[:)]

Good idea. Should be a suggestion for AE. [;)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Grollub
ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

I wish that after submitting a bad turn you could toggle a disregard button[:D] .

[:)]

Good idea. Should be a suggestion for AE. [;)]


Image
Attachments
MainMenu1024.jpg
MainMenu1024.jpg (102.46 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: Disregard...

Post by Grollub »


<Chuckle> [:D]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
thegreatwent
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am
Location: Denver, CO

RE: Disregard...

Post by thegreatwent »

Nicely done Pasternakski[:D]. Is this the first mod to AE!
User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 4473
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Alabama - ROLL TIDE!!!!!

RE: Disregard...

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: Grollub
ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

I wish that after submitting a bad turn you could toggle a disregard button[:D] .

[:)]

Good idea. Should be a suggestion for AE. [;)]


Image

[:-]
Image
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
F6frc
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: The Arsenal of Ohio

RE: Disregard...

Post by F6frc »

Glad to see everyone is still vehemently disregarding!
User avatar
thegreatwent
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am
Location: Denver, CO

RE: Disregard...

Post by thegreatwent »

Well, I've started brainstorming the AE Disregard mod. One change will be the new I Don't Care 14 torpedo. Modeled on the American Mark 14 torpedo it solves the dud problem by not loading any warhead. This way all excitement caused by a sub attack on IJN ships in 1942 can be disregarded[8|].
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

Of great interest to Allied players might be the "Sidelong Glance" Japanese torpedo mod, which causes Type 93 torpedoes to streak past your ships instead of hitting them, giving you an arch look like Bogie ogling Bacall on the way by.

There's also the "Warmi Fuzzi" mod, which causes Japanese suicide pilots to fly up close to their targets, land, then jump out, run up to the nearest Allied sailor, soldier, or marine and give him a hug...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: Disregard...

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

Of great interest to Allied players might be the "Sidelong Glance" Japanese torpedo mod, which causes Type 93 torpedoes to streak past your ships instead of hitting them, giving you an arch look like Bogie ogling Bacall on the way by.

There's also the "Warmi Fuzzi" mod, which causes Japanese suicide pilots to fly up close to their targets, land, then jump out, run up to the nearest Allied sailor, soldier, or marine and give him a hug...
That would be a good mod to the special 'Disregard' scenario, which for some strange reason never passes beyond turn one ...
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
F6frc
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: The Arsenal of Ohio

RE: Disregard...

Post by F6frc »

I'm surprised no one has started the "anti-disregard" thread yet. It's about time, don't you think...
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: F6frc

I'm surprised no one has started the "anti-disregard" thread yet. It's about time, don't you think...
Good idea. In Vietnam, we had "de-escalation." In Iraq, they're having a "surge drawdown."

What the world needs is more redundant prefixing. Let's turn the matter over to the Department of Redundancy Department for workup of further study and development of projected contingency outcomes...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: Disregard...

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: F6frc

I'm surprised no one has started the "anti-disregard" thread yet. It's about time, don't you think...
Why bother? What is there to regard?

I disregard your notion [8|]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
F6frc
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: The Arsenal of Ohio

RE: Disregard...

Post by F6frc »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: F6frc

I'm surprised no one has started the "anti-disregard" thread yet. It's about time, don't you think...
Good idea. In Vietnam, we had "de-escalation." In Iraq, they're having a "surge drawdown."

What the world needs is more redundant prefixing. Let's turn the matter over to the Department of Redundancy Department for workup of further study and development of projected contingency outcomes...

I agree, and to re-emphasize the priority of the post-workup study we should intiate a comprehensive oversight supervisory committee to implement conclusions of the Department of Redundancy Department.
User avatar
thegreatwent
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am
Location: Denver, CO

RE: Disregard...

Post by thegreatwent »

A Proregard thread? I don't think anyone would notice[;)].
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”