The Thread
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Test Thread
Great White Sharks are not exactly common around here (SF Bay Area) but we do get them. The local beaches get closed every couple of years in response to sightings and a few people have been attacked over the decades IIRC.
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.
"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy
Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy
Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

RE: Test Thread
So there was an underwear change! [:D][:D][:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: Test Thread
Most Great White attacks are not fatal. Some think that people are not as tasty as their preferred prey, nice fatty seals and sealions which people might be mistaken for (especially while wearing black wet suits.) Of course, biting into neoprene probably isn't terribly tasty either...
RE: Test Thread
ORIGINAL: Mynok
So there was an underwear change! [:D][:D][:D]
yeah, probably by the USNI staff who awarded the prize - after they found out about the fakery![:D][:'(][:D][:'(]
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: Test Thread
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
Most Great White attacks are not fatal. Some think that people are not as tasty as their preferred prey, nice fatty seals and sealions which people might be mistaken for (especially while wearing black wet suits.) Of course, biting into neoprene probably isn't terribly tasty either...
LOL. I never have thought of sharks as picky eaters. I figured they swallowed whatever got in the way. Of course, I have known some divers that could be mistaken for a sealion or even a walrus in their wetsuits.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
RE: Test Thread
Divers? Do you mean floaters? [:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: Test Thread
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
Most Great White attacks are not fatal. Some think that people are not as tasty as their preferred prey, nice fatty seals and sealions which people might be mistaken for (especially while wearing black wet suits.) Of course, biting into neoprene probably isn't terribly tasty either...
LOL. I never have thought of sharks as picky eaters. I figured they swallowed whatever got in the way. Of course, I have known some divers that could be mistaken for a sealion or even a walrus in their wetsuits.
Well, i think they do swallow what they bit off - but usually they don't bother to come back to totally devour the person involved (as they would a seal, for instance). IIRC, most of the fatalities are from uncontrolled arterial bleeding. We're just not tasty enough, i guess...[:'(][:'(]
RE: Test Thread
We're just not tasty enough, i guess...
Small comfort to the half-eaten morsel........ [:(] Now he's injured AND rejected........
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: Test Thread
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
OK - i have several pics of these guys, and they are all hideous. So i'll post the most "photogenic" of these rascals (well, there are several of them):
THE NAKED MOLE RAT!!!
No, they are not moles, and neither are they rats! You've guys have guessed at them almost every time (until today!![X(])
![]()
The one day I take off and you use the one I always guess![:@]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
RE: Test Thread
The one day I take off and you use the one I always guess!
Ah - two weeks ago you were off on Wednesday.
Last week you were off on Tuesday, iirc. So i figured *THIS* Tuesday you would be here - and used it, figuring you (or someone else) would get it... But you did not appear, alas[:(].
Would it have made you feel better had i used it today???[:'(]
i did note right after this that i thought you'd be p!ssed!!!
RE: Test Thread
I am beginning to think this is fixed (just like the stock market, football and baseball- I am a very paranoid person[:'(]).
It seems that you always use whatever has not been guessed that day even if it was used before. Nice Guy is an evil genius and always seems to win. My guess is that he is in on this somehow.
The day that Nik is not on line and a naked cat (punted or otherwise) is the naked animal of the day I will know for sure that something is fishy. [:-]
Got to sign off now. That black helicopter has been hovering over my house for too long and I am getting worried.
It seems that you always use whatever has not been guessed that day even if it was used before. Nice Guy is an evil genius and always seems to win. My guess is that he is in on this somehow.
The day that Nik is not on line and a naked cat (punted or otherwise) is the naked animal of the day I will know for sure that something is fishy. [:-]
Got to sign off now. That black helicopter has been hovering over my house for too long and I am getting worried.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
RE: Test Thread
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
I am beginning to think this is fixed (just like the stock market, football and baseball- I am a very paranoid person[:'(]).
It seems that you always use whatever has not been guessed that day even if it was used before. Nice Guy is an evil genius and always seems to win. My guess is that he is in on this somehow.
The day that Nik is not on line and a naked cat (punted or otherwise) is the naked animal of the day I will know for sure that something is fishy. [:-]
Got to sign off now. That black helicopter has been hovering over my house for too long and I am getting worried.![]()
[:D][:D][:D]
No - i have never "fixed" one of these... not even with my friends in the Black Helicopters.
So far, Speedy, Fabertong, and Niceguy have made correct guesses, and about half have not been guessed in the time period.
i will admit i have been surprised at which ones have been guessed, and which ones missed - i thought the rattlesnake would never have been guessed (it had not been guessed before, nor since), and ones that had been almost continually guessed have been missed on the days i "lobbed" them slowly over the middle of the plate.[&:][X(][&:][X(][&:][X(]
RE: Test Thread
I am beginning to think this is fixed (just like the stock market, football and baseball- I am a very paranoid person ).
BTW - thinking that the stock market, football and baseball are fixed isn't paranoid, but clear thinking.[:D][:D]
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: Test Thread
Hey, I'm the current naked animal contest champ,ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
I am beginning to think this is fixed (just like the stock market, football and baseball- I am a very paranoid person[:'(]).
It seems that you always use whatever has not been guessed that day even if it was used before. Nice Guy is an evil genius and always seems to win. My guess is that he is in on this somehow.
The day that Nik is not on line and a naked cat (punted or otherwise) is the naked animal of the day I will know for sure that something is fishy. [:-]
Got to sign off now. That black helicopter has been hovering over my house for too long and I am getting worried.![]()
[:D][:D][:D]
No - i have never "fixed" one of these... not even with my friends in the Black Helicopters.
So far, Speedy, Fabertong, and Niceguy have made correct guesses, and about half have not been guessed in the time period.
i will admit i have been surprised at which ones have been guessed, and which ones missed - i thought the rattlesnake would never have been guessed (it had not been guessed before, nor since), and ones that had been almost continually guessed have been missed on the days i "lobbed" them slowly over the middle of the plate.[&:][X(][&:][X(][&:][X(]
with a total of 2...or is it 3. Not sure what that says about my life though[8|]I do think a vague hint at the beginning of the contest would be good. It adds a little spice to the game. Operative word though is vague.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
- rogueusmc
- Posts: 4583
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
- Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
- Contact:
RE: Test Thread
How do you be vague about a naked animal?
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

RE: Test Thread
Hey, I'm the current naked animal contest champ, with a total of 2...or is it 3. Not sure what that says about my life though
I do think a vague hint at the beginning of the contest would be good. It adds a little spice to the game. Operative word though is vague.
You have 3 wins, Faber has 2, Speedy has 1.
Hmmm.... vague hint - well, i can be vague...[:D]
-
Speedysteve
- Posts: 15990
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Reading, England
RE: Test Thread
You sure Faber has 2?
Wouldn't want my fellow country man to be too far ahead....
Christ it's late here. 4 hours of playing Star Wars Empire at War. Night fellow threaders.....
Wouldn't want my fellow country man to be too far ahead....
Christ it's late here. 4 hours of playing Star Wars Empire at War. Night fellow threaders.....
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
RE: Test Thread
ORIGINAL: Speedy
You sure Faber has 2?
Wouldn't want my fellow country man to be too far ahead....
Christ it's late here. 4 hours of playing Star Wars Empire at War. Night fellow threaders.....
Yes - i don't remember his first animal, but i remember the cartoon i made (snowboarding penguins). His second win was the unexpected guess of the rattlesnake, resulting in the Penguin Eiffel tower cartoon (that you wanted removed from your AAR...)[:'(][:D]
RE: Test Thread
I do think a vague hint at the beginning of the contest would be good. It adds a little spice to the game. Operative word though is vague.
Thinking on this, i actually **HAVE** been giving a very vague hint at the beginning of the contest.
If i think it is going to be a difficult NAKED ANIMAL, i give you more time. If it is an easier one, i'll give less time. i might say it is because of work pressures - and it is, but in that case (work pressure) i try to use the "easier" ones.
How's that for vague!!![8D]
RE: Test Thread
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
Hey, I'm the current naked animal contest champ,with a total of 2...or is it 3. Not sure what that says about my life though[8|]
That you spend too much time thinking about naked animals? [:'(]
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.
"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy
Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy
Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.






