THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

... oh, and tithe. [;)][:'(]

... and then Good night friends [>:][>:][>:]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Grollub

... oh, and tithe. [;)][:'(]

... and then Good night friends [>:][>:][>:]

Hope you're doing well, Per. How's work?
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

So, got my Gatling guns into action. First battle, watched two batteries (eight guns) of them massacre 700 enemy soldiers, none of whom got within range of my riflemen.

Might be a taaaaaaaaad overpowered.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
nashvillen
Posts: 3835
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 am
Location: Christiana, TN

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Well, found a very nice, reasonable, small plane rental place down to Sonny Callahan AF, in Fairhope. They got a couple Pipers, a Beech, and a Cessna available for rental. So, am developing a reasonable radius to go say howdy. Really want to go East, to Tampa and grease it into Davis Island (like I was a kid again), but my Cert is just VFR and I can't go over-water, so might have to stage through Perry. This is looking pretty sweet. Knavey, watch out.

The biggie, of course, is going West. Lots of nasty air space to avoid around New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Maybe do a deep breath in Lake Charles and then a hop to Galveston (Freeport). From there, Texas is my oyster. Want to try East first though just to get some experience, the Jepsons for Louisiana are like a Los Angeles freeway. Woof !!


Ohhhh, nice, especially if you like golf, looks like there is a golf course on every corner [;)]

Right around the corner from the Alabama. If you ever want to go north into Tennessee, let me know. I am in the vicinity of Murfreesboro, TN.
Image
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Have you received the Stonewall yet?


Terminus, the CSS Stonewall was built in France under the name Sphynx, but was secretly destined for the Confederate Navy. The French government was pressured to block the sale, so it was sold to Denmark under the name Staerkodder. I'm not quite sure what mechanisms were used to then transfer the ship to the confederates, but a CSN crew boarded her in Copenhagen in January 1865 and commissioned her as the CSS Stonewall at sea.

After the war's end her captain turned her over to the Spanish in Havana and the Spanish turned her over to the US government - who then sold her to the Tokugawa shogunate who renamed her Kotetsu (later renamed Azuma).
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Game doesn't work that way. You build ships by material (wooden, wooden/copper, wooden/iron and iron) and type (gunboat, torpedoboat, corvette, frigate and ironclad). You don't receive specific ships.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

Oh... too bad. I used to enjoy using the Stonewall in the old Yaquinto boardgame Ironclads. She was probably the best commerce raider of the war (but being commissioned so late in the war, she would have to be).
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

Morning chaps [:)]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie

Morning chaps [:)]

Hello Martin!

BTW, did you see my question about your father the other day?


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie

Morning chaps [:)]

Hello Martin!

BTW, did you see my question about your father the other day?


Leo "Apollo11"

No, where was it? The Abe Lincoln thread?
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

It was in here. He wanted to know whether your dad was in the RN or a merchant sailor.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
ORIGINAL: Dixie

Morning chaps [:)]

Hello Martin!

BTW, did you see my question about your father the other day?

No, where was it? The Abe Lincoln thread?

Yep it originated there but I copy & paste part of that "Abe Lincoln" thread here...

I asked if your father was in RN (then Mike answered that he thinks your father is in merchant marine)...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good Monday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

I spent some enjoyable time playing around on Ancestry.com this weekend. I know the older the information gets, the less reliable it becomes, but if what I've found is accurate, I was able to trace my grandmother's family back to England, Normandy, and then through "historical stories" back to a line of Vikings. I think the trail ends around 350 AD. [:D]

If there are good enough family records to trace back to England, it's possible to find very good records/histories that were kept there.

The real puzzle for me to figure out is where my father's father's family came from and who they were. My grandfather on that side died when my dad was just a little boy so my brother and I know almost nothing about them..... yet. [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: USS America

I spent some enjoyable time playing around on Ancestry.com this weekend. I know the older the information gets, the less reliable it becomes, but if what I've found is accurate, I was able to trace my grandmother's family back to England, Normandy, and then through "historical stories" back to a line of Vikings. I think the trail ends around 350 AD. [:D]

If there are good enough family records to trace back to England, it's possible to find very good records/histories that were kept there.

The real puzzle for me to figure out is where my father's father's family came from and who they were. My grandfather on that side died when my dad was just a little boy so my brother and I know almost nothing about them..... yet. [8D]

Nice Mike! [:)]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie
ORIGINAL: Apollo11



Hello Martin!

BTW, did you see my question about your father the other day?

No, where was it? The Abe Lincoln thread?

Yep it originated there but I copy & paste part of that "Abe Lincoln" thread here...

I asked if your father was in RN (then Mike answered that he thinks your father is in merchant marine)...


Leo "Apollo11"

Yep. He's been in the Merchant Navy since he left school, at the moment he's working on container ships. Big uns at that [:D]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
alaviner
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: Blacksburg, Va

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by alaviner »

morning tithe [&o][&o][&o]
I have been trying to get into my MATRIX account to download and reinstall AE. The problem is it was still attached to a defunct Email address so when I tried to recover my password it has gotten FUBARed. I have had no luck with Matrix support so far. I registered a new account with Matrix today and started my third ticket with support. Maybe I will get more than the automated email that a ticket was started.
Image

User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
ORIGINAL: Dixie



No, where was it? The Abe Lincoln thread?

Yep it originated there but I copy & paste part of that "Abe Lincoln" thread here...

I asked if your father was in RN (then Mike answered that he thinks your father is in merchant marine)...

Yep. He's been in the Merchant Navy since he left school, at the moment he's working on container ships. Big uns at that [:D]

RGR!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

G'mornin' you lot.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”