THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
nashvillen
Posts: 3835
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 am
Location: Christiana, TN

RE: The Thread.

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: treespider

Which reminds me of how enjoyable it is to play Settlers of Catan with my two teenage sons and hear them snicker when I say "I've got wood for sheep." If you've ever played the game you will understand.
[X(] [:D]
Image
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: The Thread.

Post by Dixie »

Must go and panic buy petrol with the rest of the sheeple. [8|]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: The Thread.

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: treespider

Are you trying to tell us that you have Wood! Nik?

always.......

[:)]
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Must go and panic buy petrol with the rest of the sheeple. [8|]

What's the latest panic over, Martin?
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Must go and panic buy petrol with the rest of the sheeple. [8|]

What's the latest panic over, Martin?

Communists! [:@]





There are reports that a large chunk of the UK's fuel tanker drivers will be going on strike, thus causing people to hit the streets for a British version of panic buying (everyone has formed orderly queues). They seem to have missed the fact that the union is required to give 7 days notice of an impending strike, which they have not done. So until any such announcement is received fuel deliveries will be proceeding as normal which means that there would be sufficient fuel for everyone. But panic buying has actually created a shortage as the public suddenly decides that they must buy fuel NOW.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Sounds like what happens here when there are a few snowflakes in the forecast for 5 days in the future. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Schanilec
Posts: 4038
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Schanilec »

I filled yesterday. But I fotgot to panic. $65.00 for 16.672 gallons. Though I did bend over.[:'(]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

I filled yesterday. But I fotgot to panic. $65.00 for 16.672 gallons. Though I did bend over.[:'(]
Hey NoDak: Drill, baby, drill!
Image
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25456
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie

There are reports that a large chunk of the UK's fuel tanker drivers will be going on strike, thus causing people to hit the streets for a British version of panic buying (everyone has formed orderly queues). They seem to have missed the fact that the union is required to give 7 days notice of an impending strike, which they have not done. So until any such announcement is received fuel deliveries will be proceeding as normal which means that there would be sufficient fuel for everyone. But panic buying has actually created a shortage as the public suddenly decides that they must buy fuel NOW.

I heard tha their pay is in 40.000+ Pounds a year! [X(]

That is much more than average pay in UK...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Just installed a new graphics card (GTX 580). I remember when graphics cards were just cards. Nowadays they're HUGE!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie

There are reports that a large chunk of the UK's fuel tanker drivers will be going on strike, thus causing people to hit the streets for a British version of panic buying (everyone has formed orderly queues). They seem to have missed the fact that the union is required to give 7 days notice of an impending strike, which they have not done. So until any such announcement is received fuel deliveries will be proceeding as normal which means that there would be sufficient fuel for everyone. But panic buying has actually created a shortage as the public suddenly decides that they must buy fuel NOW.

I heard tha their pay is in 40.000+ Pounds a year! [X(]

That is much more than average pay in UK...


Leo "Apollo11"

It's considerably more than I get paid, I'll take £40k a year to drive a lorry and eat pies.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie

There are reports that a large chunk of the UK's fuel tanker drivers will be going on strike, thus causing people to hit the streets for a British version of panic buying (everyone has formed orderly queues). They seem to have missed the fact that the union is required to give 7 days notice of an impending strike, which they have not done. So until any such announcement is received fuel deliveries will be proceeding as normal which means that there would be sufficient fuel for everyone. But panic buying has actually created a shortage as the public suddenly decides that they must buy fuel NOW.

I heard tha their pay is in 40.000+ Pounds a year! [X(]

That is much more than average pay in UK...


Leo "Apollo11"

It's considerably more than I get paid, I'll take £40k a year to drive a lorry and eat pies.

lorries? we're not talking AO's and TK's here?
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
Schanilec
Posts: 4038
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Schanilec »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

I filled yesterday. But I fotgot to panic. $65.00 for 16.672 gallons. Though I did bend over.[:'(]
Hey NoDak: Drill, baby, drill!

Fracking baby, fracking.[:D]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,



I heard tha their pay is in 40.000+ Pounds a year! [X(]

That is much more than average pay in UK...


Leo "Apollo11"

It's considerably more than I get paid, I'll take £40k a year to drive a lorry and eat pies.

lorries? we're not talking AO's and TK's here?

If they wanted 40k a year to steer a supertanker then I could understand the issue. But that much money to drive a semi-truck as well as all the perks they're probably demanding is taking the ****
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Hey Shanilec,

Found this photo from a couple years back and thought you might approve. I'm the dorkwad in the Cowboys sweatshirt. Like my fatigues too? [:D]

We got our limits in about 2 hours. The skies were thick with 'em that morning-like locusts. Very very tasty locusts.

Image
Attachments
AndreSDPheasants.jpg
AndreSDPheasants.jpg (240.19 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Image
User avatar
Treetop64
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:20 am
Location: 519 Redwood City - BASE (Hex 218, 70)

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Treetop64 »

The GF and I just finished watching the recent Conan movie on BluRay. Mindless junk, even for an action movie, and not worthy of the franchise. The score was really weak, very much TV quality stuff and not stirring in any way. While watching the fight scene between Conan and the sand dudes it felt as though I was watching an amusement park attraction. The original Schwarzenegger classic is much better. The evil dude's witch daughter was a cool character, though. Would have liked to see her betray her dad and survive the movie.

Then we watched Immortals. Really enjoyed this one, liked it much more than I though I would. Fight scenes were great, but not too frequent (unlike the Conan flick) and the fights between the gods and titans was particularly well done and fun to watch. Scenes between the action was well paced and actually keeps your interest. Rourke played a good bad guy, and Dorff has obviously been hitting the gym hard. Very good flick, highly recommended.

Then we watched a gem called Winter in Wartime, made in the Netherlands I think. I usually don't like to watch kids playing leading roles in movies but the acting here was brilliant. Can't really talk about it without spoiling anything so I can only recommend it vigorously, which I do.
Image
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

Evening tithe, My RA opponent ny59giants set-up a dropbox to exchange our turns, what a great idea and works great, just gets me I never thought of it with my huge intellect. [:D]
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hey Shanilec,
Found this photo from a couple years back and thought you might approve. I'm the dorkwad in the Cowboys sweatshirt. Like my fatigues too? [:D]

We got our limits in about 2 hours. The skies were thick with 'em that morning-like locusts. Very very tasty locusts.

They look like Mallards to me there Andre, love boned and roasted mallards I do. I used to get some get I used to shoot duck, but mainly we got Paradise ducks, which were tough as old-boots. [;)]
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Look like pheasants from here.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25456
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good day!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”