ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Rio Bravo
ORIGINAL: JocMeister
Looking very good for you. [:)]
Joc-
I am pleased with the build-up of forts, airbases, and troop deployment in India, Australia, Alaska, the Aleutians, and Tahiti. At the end of the month I will provide more details to The War College regarding the above.
I haven't decided yet where I will concentrate a build-up next. The following places are under consideration: Akyab, Darwin, Horn Island, Pago Pago, and Fiji. I really wanted to secure Wake and Midway Islands, but troop capacity restrictions doesn't permit much of a build up for those two islands.
Best Regards,
-Terry
Build up your outer perimeter with troops you can afford to lose. Not stop blocks but rather speed bumps. Then you build up the locations you really don´t want to lose with division sized forces (where SLs permit of course). [:)] Forts and terrain is a very good friend of yours! [:)]
Joc-
I have been doing that since day one.
I diverted troops to India to originally hold the Bombay-Lucknow Line.
The Chinese (at Hyderabad Sindh-over 3,000 AV) and I Australian Corps (at Amedabad-over 2100 AV) are being held in reserve to support Karachi, Bombay and Surat (over 400 AV at each base) in case El Lobo surprises me and attempts to invade in the North this late in the game. Eventually the Chinese and I Australian Corps will move South as part of Operation Land Shark (the October 15, 1942 offensive to re-take Burma and push East through China, Manchukuo, and Korea).
All U. S. Army troops are presently hidden and stationed at Hydeabad and Warangal. Among those two bases, including but limited to, are 8 infantry regiments, two tank battalions, and 8 AA units. More U. S. Army units are in route to India (they pour in just about every day now). Among the U. S. Army troops earmarked for India (and for Operation Land Shark) are a total of 7 INF Divisions, 4 Tank Battalions, 4 Tank Destroyer Battalions, 14 AA Regiments, and a 14 ART Regiments, 2 Combat Engineers, 4 Construction Engineers, 2 HQs, 7 BFs, 2 EABs, 2 CDs, 2 Port Services, and 2 SeaBees. The Tenth Air Group (is at Madras). The II U.S. Fighters and V U. S. Bombers are at Hyderabad. These troops will remain here for now to hide and to protect the Southern and Southwestern coast of India. Eventually the U.S. Army, Tenth Air Group, II U.S. Fighters, and V U.S. Bombers will move South as part of Operation Land Shark.
The Burma Corps, ABDA Command units, III India Corps, Eastern Army, and assorted units from the Northern, Eastern, and Southern India Commands have now been moved to all bases from Cox's Bazar in the South and up along the coast to Diamond Harbor and then further North of Calcutta. Each base has right around 300 AV with a minimum of one AA unit (Calcutta holds the entire III India Corps).
I originally diverted some U. S. troops to Australia to hold Southern Australia. The 1st and 2nd Marine Divisions supported with other Marine units are now either hidden at Wagga Wagga or Bathurst or are in route to those two bases. The originally diverted U. S. Army troops are in route to India. Eventually, all Marine units will return to Pearl for Operation Sea Shark (invasion of the Marianas Islands and points Westward to Formosa) intended to launch June 1, 1943.
Tahiti has 324 AV with AA and ART support.
Anchorage, Whittier, Seward, and Kodiak Island each have close to 200 AV with BF, AA and ART support. Dutch Harbor and Adak each have around 130 AV with one INF Regiment, 1 BF, 1 AA unit, and either one construction unit or combat engineer unit. The following troops are are either unloading at or are in route to Amchitka and Attu: 1 INF Regiment each, 1 BF each, 1 AA unit each, and in addition 1 Bobcat and one Port Service is also in route to Amchitka. All bases have been adequately supplied with fuel and supply.
Prince Rupert has over 300 AV with ample AA and BFs.
I am seriously considering getting a head-start on Operation Land Shark by moving troops in to Burma at Akyab. I am thinking on moving the Eastern Army of about 500 AV with an AA and HQ from Ranchi to Akyab.
At the end of the month I will provide a more detailed report of troop placement in India and Australia.
Best Regards,
Terry




