Fabertong vs Speedy: The view from the Pole
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Ouch.........
Well, presuming that the 38's came from Akyab on LRCAP, perhaps a strike against that AF would be in order; I would think that there are a fair bit of them sitting on the tarmac being fixed now. This of course depends on the amount of strike A/C that you can put together..., and the weather...., and the amount of other fighters that he has to CAP Akyab....blah, blah, blah.... presuming that you are both following some sort of limits on how many a/c can base at an airfield, he can't have much room there for defensive planes. Just a thought, rather letting him totally dictate the engagement patterns.
Sing to the tune of "Man on the Flying Trapeze"
..Oh! We fly o'er the treetops with inches to spare,
There's smoke in the cockpit and gray in my hair.
The tracers look fine as a strafin' we go.
But, brother, we're TOO God damn low...
..Oh! We fly o'er the treetops with inches to spare,
There's smoke in the cockpit and gray in my hair.
The tracers look fine as a strafin' we go.
But, brother, we're TOO God damn low...
RE: Ouch.........
Thanks Rob.........it's a fine thought....and I'll execute it next turn...as this turn is already in Speedy's corner......as it were.........I have some helens and sallys standing by..........I agree I need to find a way to stop always dancing to his tune.........ORIGINAL: tabpub
Well, presuming that the 38's came from Akyab on LRCAP, perhaps a strike against that AF would be in order; I would think that there are a fair bit of them sitting on the tarmac being fixed now. This of course depends on the amount of strike A/C that you can put together..., and the weather...., and the amount of other fighters that he has to CAP Akyab....blah, blah, blah.... presuming that you are both following some sort of limits on how many a/c can base at an airfield, he can't have much room there for defensive planes. Just a thought, rather letting him totally dictate the engagement patterns.
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
Always preferable to at least do SOMETHING, rather than sit around and wait for the sky to fall on one's Penguin head...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
Jan 9th 1944.........
and we have one very depressed penguin..........
Wave upon Wave of Jap. aircraft hit the invasion forces.....at Moulmein.......

and we have one very depressed penguin..........
Wave upon Wave of Jap. aircraft hit the invasion forces.....at Moulmein.......

- Attachments
-
- boolock1.jpg (143.02 KiB) Viewed 233 times
RE: Ouch.........
Then a Zeke sqdrn and a Nick sqdrn swept the area...........


- Attachments
-
- bol2.jpg (155.64 KiB) Viewed 233 times
RE: Ouch.........
and now...if only to cheer me up.....a picture of my twins.......they take after their mother...not much hint of penguin here........


- Attachments
-
- Capture_09..6_144233.jpg (143.46 KiB) Viewed 234 times
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
Thanks T....as I said they take after their mother.................
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
They must... Not a feather in sight... And I don't see any flippers...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
Ahhh.....you only see one of their hands each....the other?.........exactly.............
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: Ouch.........
Great looking kids Faber.
Also good choices in games. How do you like Crown of Glory? I considered buying it. I bought Civ IV instead, what a waste of $ that was.
The shortcut to Lacrimose must be hidden. [;)]
Also good choices in games. How do you like Crown of Glory? I considered buying it. I bought Civ IV instead, what a waste of $ that was.
The shortcut to Lacrimose must be hidden. [;)]

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
RE: Ouch.........
Thanks niceguy..........never quite got on with COG.......found the interface too counter intuative.......and the combat just not quite there.....having said that I am looking forward to FOF....hoping they have improved the interface ....and I'm a sucker for ACW games..........CIV IV was complete bollocks........I play CIV 3....and if I could find my copy I think I would go back to CIV 2....but maybe that is just nostalgia.....
Haven't run Speedy turn yet today........update in about 4 hours.......
Haven't run Speedy turn yet today........update in about 4 hours.......
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
I'm not in contravention of my NDA when I tell you that the interface HAS been improved.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
Hurrah.....the game is on my must buy list............ORIGINAL: Terminus
I'm not in contravention of my NDA when I tell you that the interface HAS been improved.
RE: Ouch.........
Jan. 10th 1944.....
No airgroups flew today...........to busy disposing of all those dead pilots bodies...........but my Transports flew to Moul.....and I lost about 20 of them to CAP over the base.........
I have another 140 Betty 2s and 120 mixed fighters ready to go....bombers exp.......78-85........fighters...65-75.....but they will not fly the next turn........
3 Sally sqdrns are to attack Akyab.........unescorted......from Rehaeng........all 80+ exp....they may be gone for good.............I was unwilling to commit all my exp. groups so am holding 6 sqdrns back for future use........
SAG 1 and 4 are snaking slowly closer to the landing area.....3 days out.......but if they are spotted by the Brit. carriers.....the 100 planes flying LRCAP will not be enough to save them.....send me cloud cover.........please.......
Wake down to less than 2,00 supply....after another day of 400+ aircraft air-raids.......and a bombardment to boot.......
I've transfered some of my crippled Betty 2 sqdrns back to the HI and downgraded them to Betty 1s for training and to try to build up my Betty 2 pool....from which I have drawn over 100 aircraft in the last 2 turns......
No airgroups flew today...........to busy disposing of all those dead pilots bodies...........but my Transports flew to Moul.....and I lost about 20 of them to CAP over the base.........
I have another 140 Betty 2s and 120 mixed fighters ready to go....bombers exp.......78-85........fighters...65-75.....but they will not fly the next turn........
3 Sally sqdrns are to attack Akyab.........unescorted......from Rehaeng........all 80+ exp....they may be gone for good.............I was unwilling to commit all my exp. groups so am holding 6 sqdrns back for future use........
SAG 1 and 4 are snaking slowly closer to the landing area.....3 days out.......but if they are spotted by the Brit. carriers.....the 100 planes flying LRCAP will not be enough to save them.....send me cloud cover.........please.......
Wake down to less than 2,00 supply....after another day of 400+ aircraft air-raids.......and a bombardment to boot.......
I've transfered some of my crippled Betty 2 sqdrns back to the HI and downgraded them to Betty 1s for training and to try to build up my Betty 2 pool....from which I have drawn over 100 aircraft in the last 2 turns......
RE: Ouch.........
Moulmein...I think will fall this turn.......
I'll post a view of what Steven has there.....a huge amount of tanks....... so he hopes to smash quickly down to Bankok or inot Rangoon........and obviously cut off the Burma army's escape route.......
It's a d*mn good move by Stephen..........and a clever choice.....Once he closed Rangoon's airfield........
Now any troops coming from the north will have to shock attack across the river........and any reinforcements coming from the south...have a patch of road only (no railway) below Moul. which slows reinforcement....which is hampering my Ops. as we speak.........as my 600 AV Strat. Res. struggles to head north.........
If Moul falls.....I'll try to hold Tavoy to the south.......and the hex across the river to the north........but I may be too late here as well........
I'll post a view of what Steven has there.....a huge amount of tanks....... so he hopes to smash quickly down to Bankok or inot Rangoon........and obviously cut off the Burma army's escape route.......
It's a d*mn good move by Stephen..........and a clever choice.....Once he closed Rangoon's airfield........
Now any troops coming from the north will have to shock attack across the river........and any reinforcements coming from the south...have a patch of road only (no railway) below Moul. which slows reinforcement....which is hampering my Ops. as we speak.........as my 600 AV Strat. Res. struggles to head north.........
If Moul falls.....I'll try to hold Tavoy to the south.......and the hex across the river to the north........but I may be too late here as well........
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
He has been a bit smug about it over on his AAR...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
One good thing about when the war ends is I'll be able to read his AAR.......and realise just what a pea-brained penguin I really am............I don't blame him for being smug.......It's a good move......and if it does what he hopes.....it could shorten the war by 6 months.........ORIGINAL: Terminus
He has been a bit smug about it over on his AAR...[:D]
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
Well, you stand to lose quite a few troops if he slams the door shut on you...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
.....and with no effective reserves to hold Malaya.........and for that matter........Indochina.........gulp.......



