Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
-
poodlebrain
- Posts: 392
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 pm
- Location: Comfy Chair in Baton Rouge
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
Looking at the combat report for the capture of Peal Harbor I couldn't help but notice the attacker's Adjusted Assault Value was 158% of his raw Assault Value. Yet it gave a + to the defender for leaders. Any ideas why, other than HQs?
Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
ORIGINAL: poodlebrain
Looking at the combat report for the capture of Peal Harbor I couldn't help but notice the attacker's Adjusted Assault Value was 158% of his raw Assault Value. Yet it gave a + to the defender for leaders. Any ideas why, other than HQs?
HQ is my only guess.
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
I´ll be leaving town for a couple of days.
Keep me off page 2 will you? And do the dishes please! [;)]
Keep me off page 2 will you? And do the dishes please! [;)]

- Bullwinkle58
- Posts: 11297
- Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
Scenario 1 has PH garrison at 356 for Japan. DBB might be different, but stock is directional. Essentially a division.
Are you sure about that? Checked both DBB and Stock and they both show 80? Unless I misunderstand how to read it? I hope you are right though for 80...that is pretty pathetic for garrison Hawaii....[8|]
I'm confused. I started a new Scen 1 game and looked at Dec 8--garrison required for Japan was 88. But I have a saved Scen 1 game from October 1942 and it's this:

- Attachments
-
- gar.jpg (346.89 KiB) Viewed 329 times
The Moose
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
Was there an update to the game between the time you saved that October 42 game and your recent check of Dec 8th for the scenario?
The only other explanation is that the garrison requirements can grow and shrink depending on game date. I think some of this happens in India where the populace becomes less hostile to British occupation as the war wears on. This is historic since the British were saving them from an even worse Japanese occupation and had promised India would be granted independence when the war was over.
The only other explanation is that the garrison requirements can grow and shrink depending on game date. I think some of this happens in India where the populace becomes less hostile to British occupation as the war wears on. This is historic since the British were saving them from an even worse Japanese occupation and had promised India would be granted independence when the war was over.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
- Bullwinkle58
- Posts: 11297
- Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
Was there an update to the game between the time you saved that October 42 game and your recent check of Dec 8th for the scenario?
The only other explanation is that the garrison requirements can grow and shrink depending on game date. I think some of this happens in India where the populace becomes less hostile to British occupation as the war wears on. This is historic since the British were saving them from an even worse Japanese occupation and had promised India would be granted independence when the war was over.
I don't know of any patches going back to the first that meddled with garrison numbers. It seems likely that your second theory is at work. I confess I don't pay much attention to garrisons outside of India. AFBs have to there; they're picky and a hassle, but can mess you up if you ignore them. But they're mostly very small numbers. 20s and 40s. Not division-equivalents.
80 AV to hold Oahu, having lived there, is ludicrously low IMO. A division would be low given the terrain and guerrilla possibilities from the Pali supported by a favorable civilian populace.
What matters to Jocke, and I don't know the answer, is whether the garrison freezes at the point PH falls. Of does it expand on the JFB's back, causing more and more LCUs to be tied down?
The Moose
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
Wow, you guys still suck at bumping me when I´m gone! [:D]

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
Don't leave then!
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
[:D]
PS. No turn from Nick despite my 4 day absence. So no update. [:(]
PS. No turn from Nick despite my 4 day absence. So no update. [:(]

- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
I'll need that bottle of single malt delivered b4 any efforts will be undertaken to keep you off page 2. I'll let the other posters make their own request. [:D]
[center]
[/center]
[/center]-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
ORIGINAL: ny59giants
I'll need that bottle of single malt delivered b4 any efforts will be undertaken to keep you off page 2. I'll let the other posters make their own request. [:D]
You are just sour because I never pay that bill you keep sending me for logistics consulting! I tell you I never get get them. The polar bears keep eating the mailmen! [;)]

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
I'm afraid that comes under psychological counseling, not logistics. Same with me. I'm afraid of the bill.
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
ORIGINAL: vicberg
I'm afraid that comes under psychological counseling, not logistics. Same with me. I'm afraid of the bill.
Just get some polar bears and you will be safe from bills! [;)]

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
... But not the "Save the Polar Bears" people who want to ship them all back to the Arctic where there is not enough food for them!ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: vicberg
I'm afraid that comes under psychological counseling, not logistics. Same with me. I'm afraid of the bill.
Just get some polar bears and you will be safe from bills! [;)]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
... But not the "Save the Polar Bears" people who want to ship them all back to the Arctic where there is not enough food for them!
Perhaps they can "volunteer" as polar bear food? [:D]
No turn and no word from Nick since I left a week ago. [:(]

-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
[font="Verdana"]February 16th 1942[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________
A lone turn dropped in yesterday!
------------------------
Pacific
------------------------
Nothing to report. Due to losing PH and pretty much every single island in CENTPAC I´m currently completely blind here. Once my subs return from PH I´ll try to place them in a position to spot incoming raids for the WC.
WC is emptied of shipping and all troops are placed forward concentrated at San Diego, Los Angeles, San Fransisco and Seattle. I won´t be able to defend against KB strikes as the USAAF is abysmal. But I´ve concentrated AA at the big aircraft factories.
------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------
Expecting a big push here to begin in 3-4 weeks depending on how much fuel Nick got from PH. If I´m lucky he didn´t get that much and need to ship more from the HI which would buy me time.
An I-boat recons Sydney and spot QE. ASW TFs are set to hunt it.
------------------------
China
------------------------
The work to try and suppress Nigsia continues. Two turns ago Nick moved in a 27 plane Oscar Sentai which tore into the hapless Chinese bombers. The AVG was sent in to revenge them.
First sweep.
The Oscars manage to keep the 1st AVG squadron at bay despite being at a disadvantage. But this is followed by a sweep from the 2nd Squadron which more or less annihilates the Oscar Sentai.
This sweep sees 3 new aces in the 2nd squadron which now totals 76 kills and 6 aces. An unprecedented score for any Allied squadron at this stage. Go 2nd Squadron! [:)]
------------------------
Japanese intentions
------------------------
That is pretty much it. I´m keeping a close eye on SIGINT trying to find any clues on where Nick goes next. I have the 19th ID prepping for Luzon. This is nowhere near enough. I think he will need at least 4 IDs to clear it within reasonably time. Manila still has over 100.000 fuel and my subs will all rebase here once Java falls.
Allied plans continue according to plan for now.

______________________________________________________________________________
A lone turn dropped in yesterday!
------------------------
Pacific
------------------------
Nothing to report. Due to losing PH and pretty much every single island in CENTPAC I´m currently completely blind here. Once my subs return from PH I´ll try to place them in a position to spot incoming raids for the WC.
WC is emptied of shipping and all troops are placed forward concentrated at San Diego, Los Angeles, San Fransisco and Seattle. I won´t be able to defend against KB strikes as the USAAF is abysmal. But I´ve concentrated AA at the big aircraft factories.
------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------
Expecting a big push here to begin in 3-4 weeks depending on how much fuel Nick got from PH. If I´m lucky he didn´t get that much and need to ship more from the HI which would buy me time.
An I-boat recons Sydney and spot QE. ASW TFs are set to hunt it.
------------------------
China
------------------------
The work to try and suppress Nigsia continues. Two turns ago Nick moved in a 27 plane Oscar Sentai which tore into the hapless Chinese bombers. The AVG was sent in to revenge them.
First sweep.
Morning Air attack on Ningsia , at 84,33
Weather in hex: Heavy cloud
Raid spotted at 45 NM, estimated altitude 21,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes
Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 27
Allied aircraft
H81-A3 x 22
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 2 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
H81-A3: 1 destroyed
CAP engaged:
260th Sentai with Ki-43-Ib Oscar (0 airborne, 12 on standby, 9 scrambling)
12 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 15 minutes
The Oscars manage to keep the 1st AVG squadron at bay despite being at a disadvantage. But this is followed by a sweep from the 2nd Squadron which more or less annihilates the Oscar Sentai.
Morning Air attack on Ningsia , at 84,33
Weather in hex: Heavy cloud
Raid spotted at 37 NM, estimated altitude 21,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 9 minutes
Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 18
Allied aircraft
H81-A3 x 19
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 6 destroyed
No Allied losses
CAP engaged:
260th Sentai with Ki-43-Ib Oscar (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
17 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 19000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 91 minutes
This sweep sees 3 new aces in the 2nd squadron which now totals 76 kills and 6 aces. An unprecedented score for any Allied squadron at this stage. Go 2nd Squadron! [:)]
------------------------
Japanese intentions
------------------------
That is pretty much it. I´m keeping a close eye on SIGINT trying to find any clues on where Nick goes next. I have the 19th ID prepping for Luzon. This is nowhere near enough. I think he will need at least 4 IDs to clear it within reasonably time. Manila still has over 100.000 fuel and my subs will all rebase here once Java falls.
Allied plans continue according to plan for now.

- Attachments
-
- airlosses5.jpg (761.42 KiB) Viewed 329 times

-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
Is the slow down due to events at home or is Japan losing interest after taking Pearl? Or is there simply a huge re-organization going on for the next wave of attacks?
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)
Losing Hawaii and the Line Islands makes a very big hole when it comes to having PBYs cover all that water. Nothing between Dutch Harbor and Tahiti for me! [:(]
[center]
[/center]
[/center]





