
An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. Economic Reports.


- Attachments
-
- 99EconomicReports.jpg (291.03 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. Greece.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00Greece.jpg (503.82 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. The Italian Coast. West Med.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00Itallia..WestMed.jpg (553.28 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. East Med. Vichy Syria.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00EastMe..hySyria.jpg (539.9 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. West North Africa. Libya.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00NorthA..caLibya.jpg (516 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. The Eastern Front. Arctic Region.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00USSRArctic.jpg (642.06 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. The Eastern Front.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00USSR.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. Northern China.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00NorthernChina.jpg (637.44 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 15. Jan/Feb 1942. End of Turn*. Southern China.
*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

*actually, start of (16) Mar/Apr 1942.

- Attachments
-
- 00SouthernChina.jpg (708.53 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Japanese-Soviet Far East Non-Aggression Pact.


- Attachments
-
- 00JapanU..ionPact.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Trade.


- Attachments
-
- 00Trade.jpg (372.17 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Initiative.


- Attachments
-
- 00Initative.jpg (844.55 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
-
brian brian
- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:39 pm
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
This game is being very generous to the Axis in forcing the Allies to remain historical (no USSR break of Pact when they could have), but not the Axis (no invasion of Norway, alignment of Yugoslavia). I understand it is a solitaire exploration of the game, but a human opponent would absolutely not pass on a 80% chance for the USA to DOW the Japanese and take away their surprise impulse.
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Nice progress in the game. [:D]
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Thanks! It's like a good book, I just can't seem to put it down. [:)]ORIGINAL: jjdenver
Nice progress in the game. [:D]
You're right of course. Add to that forcing the Soviets to "conquer" Eastern Poland, forcing them to claim the Finnish Borderlands and having the Germans deny the claim. And then, forcing the stalemate between the USSR and Japan after Nomonhan through early 1942 (and tying up significant forces on both sides) and then ending that with a non-aggression pact. On top of that, not allowing the USSR to invade Persia and / or Iraq.ORIGINAL: brian brian
This game is being very generous to the Axis in forcing the Allies to remain historical (no USSR break of Pact when they could have), but not the Axis (no invasion of Norway, alignment of Yugoslavia). I understand it is a solitaire exploration of the game, but a human opponent would absolutely not pass on a 80% chance for the USA to DOW the Japanese and take away their surprise impulse.
For the axis, I did force a sitzkrieg on the Germans and didn't allow Italy to enter the war until France was almost gone. Also, I forced the axis to install Vichy and then turn east to the Balkans. My only regret, really not a regret, is that I should have forced Germany and Italy to conquer Yugoslavia and now allowed them to be aligned by Germany. But, I never seen a game where the axis aligned Yugoslavia and wanted to see what it took.
Also, and I think this is an advantage for the allies, is that I'm playing with Cruisers in Flames. But have tried to mute that advantage a bit with only allowing CL's and/or CV/CVL's with escorts to fight the subs. Of course, air units are allowed to fight them too.
I also allowed only 1 BEF in France and did evacuate as much as I could when it became apparent that France was going to fall. So, this would be another advantage to the axis I guess.
My current turn is a wild and enjoyable turn (Mar/Apr 1942) with the axis DOW on the US. In fact even short winter turns that are usually boring I'm having a blast playing. I think what it is is that I've emphasized the naval and have had so much fun playing all that out. I thought I'd regret playing with Cruisers in Flames, but it's been the opposite.
At this point in the game I really don't know if the axis are going to crush the Soviets or if the Soviets will hold and then eventually push them back. In the Med, the allies are ahead of the historical timeline and will probably launch Torch next turn.
Though the events and timeline are different, I have had the feeling as I've been playing this game (so far that is) of history come alive. I hope to see that continue but I won't script military events to force that. The scripting I try to limit myself to is the Geo-Political and try to do as little scripting with respect to that as possible.
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Summary.
Just noticed that in many pictures for this turn I've included the wrong year (i.e., Mar/Apr 1941) instead of Mar/Apr 1942. I did got back and correct this (I hope) in all the titles but no way I'm going to "fix" all the pictures. So, sorry about that but for this turn the correct year is in the title of each post (i.e., Mar/Apr 1942).

Just noticed that in many pictures for this turn I've included the wrong year (i.e., Mar/Apr 1941) instead of Mar/Apr 1942. I did got back and correct this (I hope) in all the titles but no way I'm going to "fix" all the pictures. So, sorry about that but for this turn the correct year is in the title of each post (i.e., Mar/Apr 1942).

- Attachments
-
- 99Summary.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Allied #1. RN. Threat Matrix.


- Attachments
-
- 01ALRNT..tMatrix.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Allied #1. RN. Post Move. (Mostly) Empty Ports.


- Attachments
-
- 01ALRNP..vePorts.jpg (587.32 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Allied #1. RN. Post Move. Sea Areas. Production.


- Attachments
-
- 01ALRNPostMove.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
RE: An Attempt to use MWiF to Simulated WW2 Reasonably Historically
Turn 16. Mar/Apr 1942. Allied #1. USSR. Rail.


- Attachments
-
- 01ALUSSRRail.jpg (872.68 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Ronnie
