THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33576
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

Good evening.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Good evening.

You forgot the new page! [:-]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Dood. Were you just *waiting* for me to drop the ball on that one, or was that a gen-u-ine UNP?[8D]
Image
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I left this for you on the COVID thread too, Zilch.

ETA: Man oh man, I hope they don't cancel the NFL this year...[:(]

Image
The problem was identified and corrected by the coaching staff. Eagle receivers will no longer coat their hands with WD-40.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Zilch: I took this out of the COVID thread. I figure since this is the home of all things banal, that anything not even remotely to COVID should be here instead.
[original: Zilch]
I see. You should speak with Mr. Ertz, a native of Texas, about a certain end-of-season game.
And how are negotiations with Dak going?

OK. Have it your way. [:'(] After the loss to the Seahawks ended their season, Zach Ertz had this to say:

"It has been tough. It has been real tough. It hurts."*



*He did state these words. Other commentary has been edited in the names of brevity and bias.
Image
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33576
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Dood. Were you just *waiting* for me to drop the ball on that one, or was that a gen-u-ine UNP?[8D]
A combination of genuine and mistake. I just entered the forum, and thought I visit here and say hello, checked post number and read the #post number from the second last post instead of the last so I had no clue it would be a new page.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Zilch: I took this out of the COVID thread. I figure since this is the home of all things banal, that anything not even remotely to COVID should be here instead.
[original: Zilch]
I see. You should speak with Mr. Ertz, a native of Texas, about a certain end-of-season game.
And how are negotiations with Dak going?

OK. Have it your way. [:'(] After the loss to the Seahawks ended their season, Zach Ertz had this to say:

"It has been tough. It has been real tough. It hurts."*



*He did state these words. Other commentary has been edited in the names of brevity and bias.
And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33576
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?
Basking in admiration from the Ladies?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch

And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?
Basking in admiration from the Ladies?
Jerry's Boys were home watching on TV, not having qualified for the playoffs...
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33576
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch

And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?
Basking in admiration from the Ladies?
Jerry's Boys were home watching on TV, not having qualified for the playoffs...
So they were carousing with the ladies.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Zilch: I took this out of the COVID thread. I figure since this is the home of all things banal, that anything not even remotely to COVID should be here instead.
[original: Zilch]
I see. You should speak with Mr. Ertz, a native of Texas, about a certain end-of-season game.
And how are negotiations with Dak going?

OK. Have it your way. [:'(] After the loss to the Seahawks ended their season, Zach Ertz had this to say:

"It has been tough. It has been real tough. It hurts."*



*He did state these words. Other commentary has been edited in the names of brevity and bias.
And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?

Rooting for the Seahawks. Duh. [:'(]
Image
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Zilch: I took this out of the COVID thread. I figure since this is the home of all things banal, that anything not even remotely to COVID should be here instead.



OK. Have it your way. [:'(] After the loss to the Seahawks ended their season, Zach Ertz had this to say:

"It has been tough. It has been real tough. It hurts."*



*He did state these words. Other commentary has been edited in the names of brevity and bias.
And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?

Rooting for the Seahawks. Duh. [:'(]
Speaking of which, who is your QB? I hear Tony Romo is available.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch



And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?

Rooting for the Seahawks. Duh. [:'(]
Speaking of which, who is your QB? I hear Tony Romo is available.

Dak got 'tagged' as the franchise player. The two sides have until July 15 to negotiate another package. They'll get it done, but it will be expensive. I'm thinking Aaron Rodgers type of money ($30MM/year).
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch



And what were Jerry's Boys doing that weekend?

Rooting for the Seahawks. Duh. [:'(]
Speaking of which, who is your QB? I hear Tony Romo is available.

Hey! I've got an idea! Maybe we can get Troy Aikman out of retirement, so he can come in and lay an egg / get injured in a playoff game. You know-kind of like Josh McGown?
Image
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy




Rooting for the Seahawks. Duh. [:'(]
Speaking of which, who is your QB? I hear Tony Romo is available.

Dak got 'tagged' as the franchise player. The two sides have until July 15 to negotiate another package. They'll get it done, but it will be expensive. I'm thinking Aaron Rodgers type of money ($30MM/year).
If Jerry doesn't sign him this year, it will be more difficult next year. Dak knows there's a team with a head coach who wins Super Bowls, and just happens to have a vacancy at QB.
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy




Rooting for the Seahawks. Duh. [:'(]
Speaking of which, who is your QB? I hear Tony Romo is available.

Hey! I've got an idea! Maybe we can get Troy Aikman out of retirement, so he can come in and lay an egg / get injured in a playoff game. You know-kind of like Josh McGown?
40 year old Josh McCown played well until he tore his hamstring. You try that sometime and let me know how it goes.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch


Speaking of which, who is your QB? I hear Tony Romo is available.

Dak got 'tagged' as the franchise player. The two sides have until July 15 to negotiate another package. They'll get it done, but it will be expensive. I'm thinking Aaron Rodgers type of money ($30MM/year).
If Jerry doesn't sign him this year, it will be more difficult next year. Dak knows there's a team with a head coach who wins Super Bowls, and just happens to have a vacancy at QB.
Yeah. His name is Mike McCarthy. He's our coach. I do wish you'd pay attention, Zilch.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch


Speaking of which, who is your QB? I hear Tony Romo is available.

Hey! I've got an idea! Maybe we can get Troy Aikman out of retirement, so he can come in and lay an egg / get injured in a playoff game. You know-kind of like Josh McGown?
40 year old Josh McCown played well until he tore his hamstring. You try that sometime and let me know how it goes.

What? Tearing my hammy? No thanks! I don't need to do that to know 'how that goes'.
Image
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy




Dak got 'tagged' as the franchise player. The two sides have until July 15 to negotiate another package. They'll get it done, but it will be expensive. I'm thinking Aaron Rodgers type of money ($30MM/year).
If Jerry doesn't sign him this year, it will be more difficult next year. Dak knows there's a team with a head coach who wins Super Bowls, and just happens to have a vacancy at QB.
Yeah. His name is Mike McCarthy. He's our coach. I do wish you'd pay attention, Zilch.
So far Dak seems underwhelmed by Mr. McCarthy's credentials. Dak is reportedly asking to be the NFL's highest paid QB.
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy




Hey! I've got an idea! Maybe we can get Troy Aikman out of retirement, so he can come in and lay an egg / get injured in a playoff game. You know-kind of like Josh McGown?
40 year old Josh McCown played well until he tore his hamstring. You try that sometime and let me know how it goes.

What? Tearing my hammy? No thanks! I don't need to do that to know 'how that goes'.
The Eagles paid for not dressing their 3rd string QB...but how many teams dress all 3?

I notice the Cowboys signed the QB the Eagles cut in training camp, Clayton Thorson. The Eagles have some other ex-players they'd like the Cowboys to sign. [:D]
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”