Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
vettim89
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:38 pm
Location: Toledo, Ohio

RE: Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

Post by vettim89 »

Flat Top was a great game. My brother and I used to play AH's Victory in the Pacific for hours on end. Actually for amzingly simple rules, it was immensely enjoyable.
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

Post by sprior »

Heh, just the other day I managed to play a game of Avalon Hill´s "Flatop"

I loved FT, even better played with an umpire.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
DaveConn
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington

RE: Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

Post by DaveConn »

Yes, some friends and I used to do an annual double-blind umpired Flattop game (the original Battleline version, before it was bought by AH). Some of my best gaming memories!
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

Post by Kwik E Mart »

i keep seeing references to VASL versions of these games...anyone have a link?
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
User avatar
PresterJohn001
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 pm

RE: Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

Post by PresterJohn001 »

VASSAL
http://www.vassalengine.org/

Cyberboard
http://cyberboard.brainiac.com/

They provide electronic board and playing pieces for lots of boardgames inc many good wargames. You have to find your own opponent and know the rules. Vassal allows live play
which can be pretty good. Lots of games have active communities. Its suprising just how fluid a pbem game can be even for complicated games, i have played World in Flames by PBEM
several enjoyable times on both the above.
memento mori
sdhundt
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:27 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA

RE: Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

Post by sdhundt »

My game of choice was Flat Top.  Some day I would love to pull it out and teach my 15 year old son, but he already thinks I'm nuts for spending hours on just one turn of AE so I don't ever for see playing it again.
User avatar
YankeeAirRat
Posts: 633
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:59 am

RE: Pacific War - The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945

Post by YankeeAirRat »

Why not? You could make a rainy day weekend of it while waiting for your PBEM turn to come back from people. That is how I got a few friends I worked with on an aircraft carrier in to Harpoon and Command at Sea. Sitting around one duty day, I was reading the rules and next thing we were playing a few turns using pens/pencils and graph paper to plot movements and engagements. That is then how we would waste time on a duty day or duty weekend was run a game or two in someone's shop. Never know you might actually get him interested in wargaming and board wargaming that it would be fun to shop with and play a game or two with him.
Take my word for it. You never want to be involved in an “International Incident”.
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”