OT: Opening Day

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mike scholl 1
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:20 pm

RE: OT: Opening Day

Post by mike scholl 1 »

ORIGINAL: USS America
Never!!! There is never ANY excuse to root for the yankees!


Of course there is. If you live in New York City..., and if you get a real pleasure from kicking puppies and kittens. [:D]
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: OT: Opening Day

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: USS America


I was at the 'Dome for Cal Ripken's 3000'th career hit. It doesn't get much better than that. [:)]

Being at the Dome for the World Series? Either time? [:)]
The Moose
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: OT: Opening Day

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: USS America


I was at the 'Dome for Cal Ripken's 3000'th career hit. It doesn't get much better than that. [:)]

Being at the Dome for the World Series? Either time? [:)]

Nope, but I was at Memorial Stadium in '83 for the two WS home games. [:)]

I've also been part of the madness for game 7 of the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals when my Hurricanes knocked off the BuffaSlugs, and for the most amazing sporting event I'll probably ever witness..... Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in 2006, a 3-1 Hurricanes win over the Oilers. [&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: OT: Opening Day

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: USS America


I was at the 'Dome for Cal Ripken's 3000'th career hit. It doesn't get much better than that. [:)]

Being at the Dome for the World Series? Either time? [:)]

Nope, but I was at Memorial Stadium in '83 for the two WS home games. [:)]

I've also been part of the madness for game 7 of the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals when my Hurricanes knocked off the BuffaSlugs, and for the most amazing sporting event I'll probably ever witness..... Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in 2006, a 3-1 Hurricanes win over the Oilers. [&o]

Is that back when Ron Francis and Gary were still playing for you guys? [:D]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: OT: Opening Day

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Okay, Joe Morgan was bad. John Sterling is worse. But isn't Tim McCarver the worst?

Joe Buck...although his baseball games are slightly less annoying than his football games...
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: OT: Opening Day

Post by Kwik E Mart »

my Giants are off to a slow start against the hated Dodgers...SOOOO many errors...but this new kid Belt looks like the real deal!!!
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
CaptDave
Posts: 654
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:11 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

RE: OT: Opening Day

Post by CaptDave »

ORIGINAL: USS America
I was at the 'Dome for Cal Ripken's 3000'th career hit. It doesn't get much better than that. [:)]

Oh, I don't know. My first game ever at Wrigley Field was 19 Aug 1969, Ken Holtzman's no-hitter. About 12 years ago I had a guy working for me who was at the same game, sitting about 20 rows behind me! We tended to waste a lot of the workday talking about what to us were the "good old days" in baseball.
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”