Jess' Beyond the Beachhead PBEM scenario

After action reports/During Action Reports on your SP:WaW battels!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
M4Jess
Posts: 5078
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: DC

Post by M4Jess »

Originally posted by rbrunsman
Jess, nobody ever said the Rangers were bad. They're the best in the world! Now, imagine what they could have done if they were backed up by some Katz!:eek:


"come to the Green...young man....come to the Might!"
Image

Im making war, not trouble~

Image
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

I'll kiss their smoking tail pipes if one of them manages to take out one of Shoe's StuGs! Until then, they are merely to draw fire way from my boyz, the Rangers!

Can you say "Cannon Fodder?"

Now if you want to talk about the 105mm CS Sherman, well that's another story. I love those guys for some reason.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

"Sir, yes, I am calm!..."

"More nebelwerfers are firing on our postions and also 150mm arty has been added, Sir! Our 60mm mortars and bazookas are like popguns in comparison.

Yes, Sir, stick to the facts, yes.

We've lost track of that Flammwagen and we've spotted another StuG III. The bocage is thick with Germans, Sir. I nearly lost a whole squad as it moved up to assault a Stug. The poor bastards ran into 2 previously unseen squads. Those StuGs will be hard to stop with all the infantry support they have.

And, I can definitely confirm that the road to Vierville is closed. I lost a recon jeep in that area to a StuG. The crew is seeking cover sir, but I don't expect to hear from them again.

Col. RB Out!
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
CPT Shoe
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA

Post by CPT Shoe »

That must be why they call those things Spitfires.

I will not be able to get the job done if every aircraft that flies over takes out an armored vehicle. I was lucky that the last pilot missed his primary target. This time I lost a JPZ-IV!! :mad:

Makes me wish that my air defenses were a little more portable so that I could have them roll forward with the assault.

Traded that JPZ for a few more Rangers, but I definately have to do better than that.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Originally posted by CPT Shoe
Makes me wish that my air defenses were a little more portable so that I could have them roll forward with the assault.
I believe the word you are looking for is: TRUCKS

:cool: :D
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Originally posted by rbrunsman
Jess, nobody ever said the Rangers were bad.

I did. They suck. Good weapons - wimpy soldiers. :p

/rant
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Jess, are you just going to take that kind of crap from Bel?;)
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Sir, Thank you for the naval arty support. That probably woke up the Germans! And the Typhoons are starting to find targets. Let's just hope they don't decide to target my men next time.

We lost sight of all the German armor. They've decided the roads aren't safe I'm sure.

However, we are now running into full platoons of infantry, not just scout patrols. Please light a fire under our armored friends to get them here as fast as possible.

Col RB Out!
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
M4Jess
Posts: 5078
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: DC

Post by M4Jess »

Originally posted by rbrunsman
Jess, are you just going to take that kind of crap from Bel?;)



mmmmmmmmmmm.............NO! :mad:
Image

Im making war, not trouble~

Image
User avatar
CPT Shoe
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA

Post by CPT Shoe »

Our noose around the American rangers gets ever tighter.

The smell of burning Rangers twinges the noses of our troopers as we bring our Flamwagon to bear. Two squads feel the burn. Just after we reposition that precious asset, two more Spitfires/Typhoons, whatever those infernal machines are called, race overhead, totally eluding our multiple Air Defense systems! (**Note to self: Some heads need to roll over their inadequate execution of their responsabilities**). This tiime we were lucky. Even though they attacked our Flamwagon and a Stug, they were unsuccesful in their attack.

The timing of the Americans Naval Gunfire was suprising. I must remember that he was able to execute those timed fires on our infantry even though they were rapidly advancing. Lets hope the coordination during the rest of this battle does not go as well.

Our rate of advance is good across the American's front, and our assault of the American's southern flank goes particularly well. We shall be on the pointe itself very shortly, unless we encounter more than the token Ranger resistance we have seen so far.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

TOKEN RESISTANCE!!!! Jess!!?? What have you given me to fight this battle?:mad:
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Yes, sir! The armor you sent has begun to arrive. They appeared to the surprise of a poineer squad (or 2) that thought it was just going to mop up a small recon squad. Unfortunately they have survived our first attacks and have certainly reported our presents.

On a high note, one of our Greyhounds spotted a couple 81mm mortar squads and severely injured both of them. They won't be supporting the German advance for a while.

Let's just hope the armor didn't miss any big surprises on the road. We need them to join up with my Rangers to repell this attack if we are to keep Pt du Hoc in our hands.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
CPT Shoe
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA

Post by CPT Shoe »

We have picked up some armored recon units that have apperently opened up the road from Vierville. Two Greyhounds jumped some of our 81mm mortars that were repositioning, we destroyed one of the greyhounds, but the other one seems to have eluded us.

Two more allied air sorties have attacked, thankfully both misses!

More artillery is slowing down our assaulting troops, but we continue to tighten the Ranger noose. Our progress on the Americans southern flank continues to pick up speed. I fear there is some armor teeth closing behind the American's recon units, so if we are to crush the Rangers, we will have to exploit the opportunities in the southern approaches to the pointe.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Sir, would you please give those navy pukes a big thank you from all of us? Those shells were landing mighty close to the boys, but after the barrage, they dusted off and walked right up to a StuH 42 and popped him before he could recover from the shelling.

Reinforcements continue to arrive from Vierville. We are clearing out Poineers in the area, so it should still be considered a hot zone. We actually lost a Greyhound to a StuG III out there. However, those mortars won't be bothering anyone any more.

In the south we are trying to suppress the advance of the German Fusiliers and Flammwagon, but it is costing us lots of boys. We need to shore up that area quickly or we'll have Jerry in our backfield. The Typhoons are harrassing the Germans there, but we aren't hearing any secondary explosions, so I don't think they are doing much more than scaring everybody down there (our boys too, since you never know who those guys are going to shoot at).

Col RB Out!
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
CPT Shoe
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA

Post by CPT Shoe »

Two more strikes for the Typhoons. That's about the only luck we have had lately!

Units are pouring in from the North to reinforce the Rangers, and we are seeing some armor mixed in with what was reported as about a company of Infantry. We have lost our scouts that had eyes on the forward edge of the reinforcing units, so the size of the reinforcements is anyones guess.

Artillery and fresh reinforcements put quite a damper on our assault. The loss of the supporting Stug was especially painful. It is a chore now just to keep the infantry from breaking away in an area we were making a steady advance.

Our pinching movement in the south continues to make gains, but I am afraid we must soon shift gears in an effort to try and contain the Americans and prevent them from moving on Isigny in force.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Sir, we appear to have established something that resembles steady lines between ourselves and the Germans. The southern road along the coast still appears to be weak but we are pooring all the reinforcements we get into staunching the gaps.

One brave Ranger squad tried to charge a tightly grouped bunch of infantry and armor. Their assault failed and they were lost in the smoke. I don't expect to hear from them again as they are now sitting right on top of an angry StuG III.

The Germans seem to have arty enough to lay a barrage on any spotted units. I tell the men to keep moving to avoid being pinned down and eliminated, but it is difficult to get out from under the umbrella of nebelwerfers and 150mm arty salted with precision 81mm mortars!

Col RB Out!
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
CPT Shoe
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA

Post by CPT Shoe »

If it was not for the Artillery we would have American forces running willy-nilly all over the countryside. We are definitely shifting gears into trying to contain the American.

Who know's how many fresh units are pouring into the area, we are doing our best to try and establish a containment line, but fear and American breakout at any moment. I Have sent word to our forces in Isigny that they are to hold that position at all costs.

Looks like the pilot that took out that early JPZ-IV was the only one the allies have that knows how to fly. All of the sorties since then have been misses, and they have been averaging 2 sorties at a time. (Thats adding up to a lot of expended resources with little to show for it) I am not going to be complaining about that!

Just some minor skirmishes along the line being established. I need to bring up my Reserves so that I have a force ready when they attempt their break-out.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Sir, would it be wrong of me to put a reprimand on a dead man's record? That **** Greyhound riding hotshot out east of our positions just had to go mortar hunting, didn't he?!:mad: The SOB found a mortar park alright, but he also found a bunch of Fusiliers guarding it and the bastard went and got himself blown up!! I swear I told him to just poke around a little bit, but to back off if he was spotted. :mad: :mad:

Also, Sir, we've immobilized another StuG and in so doing Recon reports sightings of something called a "Panzer Sumao" or something like that. A half dozen of them as a matter of fact! I am unfamiliar with that particular German tank. Could you get me some intel on that vehicle? It appears to be a light tank of some sort, but I'm not sure. It does sport a 47mm Gun and it is well armored. That's all I know about it. We fired on them to try to pin them down, but who knows where they'll all go now that we spotted them.

The south seems to have turned into a stalemate with neither side pushing forward. This seems a fine arrangement for me for the time being Sir.

Col RB Out!
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
CPT Shoe
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA

Post by CPT Shoe »

:mad: Who the hell do we have in those StuG's???:mad:

Can't keep the **** crews in them long enough to even shoot at the American armor. Where the hell are all my PANZERS!!!!!!

This will be a long fight indeed if we are forced to take on these American dogs with handgrenades:mad: :mad:

The only news worth reporting is that the Allied pilots continue to be inept. I believe that we can contain the Americans immediately south of the point, but are as weak as tissue paper to the North-east were the Americans can find the roads that go straight to Isigny.

Time to buckle down and try and take on the American armor with some fine Arian blood.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
User avatar
M4Jess
Posts: 5078
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: DC

Design note

Post by M4Jess »

as it should be ;)

if you read the book...the 29th runs into real trouble...

soon!

:eek:

I like it! ;)
Image

Im making war, not trouble~

Image
Post Reply

Return to “SPWaW AAR/DAR”