An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ahem...
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by DoomedMantis »

Back to the AAR

Raver on your first turn whipping, did you have a chance to redeploy your troops?
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Luskan »

Yes he did, but chose not to for the sake of historical accuracy (as in, he wasn't supposed to know I was going to beat the snot out of him on december 7th so he didn't do anything in his first turn).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

Correct....I could have if i had wanted to but in the interest of a "Historical" first turn I did little more than set some Cats to ASW and Naval search. The only other thing I did do was to order my two CVs to steam south at full speed, as I know Luskan likes to try and hunt them down for the first five or so turns.

I usually allow myself the freedom of really get stuck in getting orders in place in China as I figure that this part of the war has already been going on for sometime and so historically has no real impact.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

Ok I really got slapped that first turn...infact it is the worse one that I have ever experianced[:(] That is one heck of a lucky bannana ! I am now planning a "Churchill" defence "I'll fight 'em one the beaches etc etc". One of the good things that got a bit lost in all the hooplar of the Torp issue, was the stirling fight that the Marines put up at Wake Is.[:)] I've always liked the Marines!
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

ORIGINAL: Pascal

Luskan - I'd be happy to see the combat report for Turn 2.... [:D]

I'm not ![:(][;)]
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Luskan »

Well, here it is. The second day of the pacific war (except china of cours,e where I'm batonning the hatches to see what Raver throws - I haven't stolen any divisions from China for the invasinos yet).

So far I've got some nice footholds across the pacific - Kendari, Davao, legaspi, brunei and miri (although these two aren't footholds to anywhere they have lots of lovely oil) and of course, this turn I crushed the troops on wake mercilessly. Kinda glad Raver sent his CVs NORTH (yes, north, he didn't send them south, lets not be daft). Khota Bharu will fall pretty soon, and Vigan and Aparri are both mine (and I've got a few more units on the way in there).

However don't be expecting any lightning trans terrain attacks - I'm going to steal port after port after port with my invasion fleets, dumping down naval guards and engineer units to secure those ports while taking the divisions and big brigades back for that all important R+R for at least a week before they get redeployed somewhere else.

Lost more than a few betties and nells (more than the reports suggest) this turn, and unfortunately they didn't do very well. I'm afraid that Raver's undamaged transport fleets in and around the PI are going to have a turn or two to escape while my betties and nells get some replacements in.

Ryuko is in the PI area but she doesn't have the moxie to stop the fleeing transports to darwin or pearl.

Still wracking my brains over the whole malaya thing. Have lost 4 dds, and two cls to date (or will very shortly) because being close into singapore's guns and a/c is a really bad idea.

My general staff is chafing for me to take or at least bombard other key bases in the SRA, balikpapan, makassar, menado, palembang, surabaya etc. Last time I tried for a base on java early I got slapped badly. Really badly.

I figure that as long as I've got a few little cvs in the area, I should pack them together and make sure that no indian reinforcements make it to malaya (or more importantly, no aussies get out). DO I land troops at johore bharu? Or do I pile the power on in the north and squeeze the allies southward untli they crack? Slower, but safer I guess.

Enjoy.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/08/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 16 troops unloading over beach at Wake Island, 82,63

Coastal Guns at Wake Island, 82,63, firing at TF 16
TF 16 troops unloading over beach at Wake Island, 82,63


208 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
CL Tatsuta, Shell hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
40 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45

Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 17
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


4081 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
DD Kiji
DD Kasasagi

Japanese ground losses:
616 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Guam, 62,66

TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Guam, 62,66


Japanese ground losses:
25 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 43 troops unloading over beach at Brunei, 32,57

Coastal Guns at Brunei, 32,57, firing at TF 43
TF 43 troops unloading over beach at Brunei, 32,57


518 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
AK Hakubasan Maru
AP Choko Maru, Shell hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
100 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 44 troops unloading over beach at Miri, 31,57

TF 44 troops unloading over beach at Miri, 31,57


Japanese ground losses:
103 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 57 troops unloading over beach at Davao, 41,61

Coastal Guns at Davao, 41,61, firing at TF 57
TF 57 troops unloading over beach at Davao, 41,61


1666 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
DD Hayabusa, Shell hits 1
AK Matue Maru, Shell hits 1
AP Koan Maru, Shell hits 1
AK Hokko Maru, Shell hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
277 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 62 troops unloading over beach at Kendari, 33,71

TF 62 troops unloading over beach at Kendari, 33,71


Japanese ground losses:
55 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 72 troops unloading over beach at Davao, 41,61

Coastal Guns at Davao, 41,61, firing at TF 72
TF 72 troops unloading over beach at Davao, 41,61


4161 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
DD Hatsukaze, Shell hits 6, on fire
AK Ryuzin Maru, Shell hits 1
AP Nichiran Maru, Shell hits 1
AP Katori Maru, Shell hits 2
AP Gyoko Maru, Shell hits 2
AK Ehime Maru, Shell hits 1
AK Amagisan Maru, Shell hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
970 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45

Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 85
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


2060 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese ground losses:
567 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 87 troops unloading over beach at Aparri, 46,49

TF 87 troops unloading over beach at Aparri, 46,49


Japanese ground losses:
223 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 88 troops unloading over beach at Vigan, 44,49

TF 88 troops unloading over beach at Vigan, 44,49


Japanese ground losses:
228 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 95 troops unloading over beach at Wake Island, 82,63

Coastal Guns at Wake Island, 82,63, firing at TF 95
TF 95 troops unloading over beach at Wake Island, 82,63


2043 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
PG Koei Maru
PG Choan Maru #2, Shell hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
289 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
25 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 22,51

Japanese Ships
SS I-121 - bottomed out in the straits and coped some damage.

Allied Ships
DD Vampire
DD Vendetta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 22,51

Japanese Ships
SS I-121, hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Vendetta
DD Vampire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Guam, at 62,66

Japanese Ships
DD Yuzuki
DD Kikuzuki
DD Uzuki
DD Oboro
CA Kako
CA Furutaka
CA Kinugasa
CA Aoba

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 9
Port hits 1
Port fuel hits 6
Port supply hits 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Vigan, at 44,49

Japanese Ships
DD Samidare
DD Yudachi
DD Harusame
DD Murasame
DD Asagumo
DD Minegumo
DD Natsugumo
CL Naka


Allied ground losses:
31 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 29
Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Legaspi, at 44,55

Japanese Ships
DD Shiokaze
DD Suzukaze
DD Umikaze
DD Kawakaze
DD Yamakaze
DD Tokitsukaze
DD Yukikaze
CL Nagara


Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 4
Port hits 1
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Aparri, at 46,49

Japanese Ships
DD Hatakaze
DD Harukaze
DD Nagatsuki
DD Fumizuki
DD Minazuki
DD Satsuki
CL Natori

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 10
Port hits 2
Port supply hits 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45

Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 17
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


794 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese ground losses:
74 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Guam, 62,66

TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Guam, 62,66


Japanese ground losses:
25 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 44 troops unloading over beach at Miri, 31,57

TF 44 troops unloading over beach at Miri, 31,57


Japanese ground losses:
37 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 62 troops unloading over beach at Kendari, 33,71

TF 62 troops unloading over beach at Kendari, 33,71


Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45

Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 85
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


1976 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese ground losses:
504 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 87 troops unloading over beach at Aparri, 46,49

TF 87 troops unloading over beach at Aparri, 46,49


Japanese ground losses:
204 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 88 troops unloading over beach at Vigan, 44,49

TF 88 troops unloading over beach at Vigan, 44,49


Japanese ground losses:
230 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25
G3M Nell x 21
G4M1 Betty x 61

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 13 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 2 destroyed, 10 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 7 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships
MSW Toowoomba, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage


Allied ground losses:
26 casualties reported

Port hits 1
Port fuel hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
20 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
9 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 96
G4M1 Betty x 77

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 24 damaged (actually a lot more got damaged and more than 2/3rds didn't make it home. The warhawks didn't handle my zeroes very well, but the flak around the port, without its surprise penalties . . . well lets just say we won't be trying this again.

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 6 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships
PG Isabel, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
TK Gertrude Kellogg, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AO Pecos, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
SS Seal, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
SS S-41, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
AVD Childs, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage


Allied ground losses:
61 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Port hits 1
Port supply hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
11 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
9 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
7 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
5 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Bisayas, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 43,56

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 6

no losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 5 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Haguro
CA Nachi

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 43,56

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 2

Allied aircraft
P-26A x 9
P-40B Tomahawk x 6
P-40E Warhawk x 11
B-17C Fortress x 8

no losses

no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Natsushio
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 9


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 25,49


Allied aircraft
Vildebeest IV x 6


Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 7 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro
BB Fuso

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 5
Hudson I x 4


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Suzuya, Bomb hits 1
CA Mogami

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
5 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 2
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Johore Maru
PG Eifuku Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
2 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Swordfish x 7
Buffalo I x 19
Blenheim IV x 6


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Nissyo Maru
PC Shonan Maru #6
AP Nissen Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Blenheim IV bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Swordfish bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Swordfish bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Brunei at 32,57


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 3
Martin 139 x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Eihuku Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Miri at 31,57


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 3
Martin 139 x 5


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Hikade Maru
AP Iwaki Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 15000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 33,71


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 3
Hudson I x 6


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Konei Maru
AK Kyusyu Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 33,71


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
PG Saiko Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Atutasan Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Songkhia at 24,43


Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 5


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Awa Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x Blenheim IV bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 24,49


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
CL Yura, on fire, heavy damage - sinking after a nasty encounter with a cd gun the size of my banana.

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Bataan at 42,51

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 10

no losses

Allied Ships
DD Peary

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
3 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
4 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Changsha , at 47,36

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 10
Ki-51 Sonia x 8

no losses

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Hong Kong , at 43,42

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 10
Ki-21 Sally x 17

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 2 damaged

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 14

Aircraft Attacking:
17 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Khota Bharu , at 24,45

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 12
Ki-21 Sally x 14
Ki-48 Lily x 37

no losses


Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Runway hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
22 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
14 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Aparri , at 46,49

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 29
Ki-30 Ann x 27
Ki-36 Ida x 1

no losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 13

Aircraft Attacking:
27 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 43,56

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 6

no losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Myoko

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 43,56

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 2

Allied aircraft
P-26A x 9
P-40B Tomahawk x 6
P-40E Warhawk x 12
B-17C Fortress x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
A5M4 Claude: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Songkhia at 24,43


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 6


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Hatsuyuki

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 25,49


Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 13
Vildebeest IV x 2


Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
PC Shonan Maru #6

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 6
Hudson I x 10


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Kaisyo Maru
DD Kasasagi
AP Koei Maru
DD Kari

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
6 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Swordfish x 7
Blenheim IV x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Kaisyo Maru
PG Muro Maru
AK Awazisan Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Swordfish bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim IV bombing at 15000 feet
4 x Swordfish bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Miri at 31,57


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 3
Martin 139 x 5


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Hokuhi Maru
AP Kaika Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 15000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 33,71


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 5


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Milan Maru
AP Koshin Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
2 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 33,71


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Tenryu Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Saigon at 31,46


Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 11


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Hyuga
BB Ise

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Blenheim IV bombing at 15000 feet
9 x Blenheim IV bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Bataan at 42,51

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 15
E13A1 Jake x 9

no losses

Allied Ships
DD Peary, Bomb hits 1
DD Pillsbury

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
6 x B5N Kate bombing at 15000 feet
3 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
9 x B5N Kate bombing at 15000 feet
4 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Guam, at 62,66

Japanese Ships
DD Yuzuki
DD Kikuzuki
DD Uzuki
DD Oboro
CA Kako
CA Furutaka
CA Kinugasa
CA Aoba

Allied Ships
MSW Penguin, Shell hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 4
Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 3
Port supply hits 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Legaspi, at 44,55

Japanese Ships
DD Shiokaze
DD Suzukaze
DD Umikaze
DD Kawakaze
DD Yamakaze
DD Tokitsukaze
DD Yukikaze
CL Nagara


Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 6
Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 3
Port supply hits 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Aparri, at 46,49

Japanese Ships
DD Hatakaze
DD Harukaze
DD Nagatsuki
DD Fumizuki
DD Minazuki
DD Satsuki
CL Natori


Allied ground losses:
25 casualties reported

Airbase hits 4
Runway hits 13
Port hits 6
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 10


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Legaspi

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 2561 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 552 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 77 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Legaspi base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
39 casualties reported
Guns lost 3


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Kendari

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 12352 troops, 66 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1061 troops, 9 guns, 3 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 70 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kendari base !!!



Allied aircraft


no losses

Japanese ground losses:
86 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
214 casualties reported
Guns lost 6


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Wake Island

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 4804 troops, 22 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1741 troops, 41 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 32 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Wake Island base !!! [:D]



Allied aircraft


no losses

Japanese ground losses:
350 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Allied ground losses:
1749 casualties reported
Guns lost 39


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Miri

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 4109 troops, 25 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 130 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Miri base !!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Brunei

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 8710 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 854 troops, 7 guns, 3 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 26 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Brunei base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
73 casualties reported
Guns lost 3


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Davao

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 17952 troops, 54 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 3956 troops, 39 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 31 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Davao base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
120 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Allied ground losses:
259 casualties reported
Guns lost 13


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Vigan

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 9794 troops, 167 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 450 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 1114 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Vigan base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported
Guns lost 1


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 7076 troops, 44 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 40997 troops, 520 guns, 6 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
21 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
826 casualties reported
Guns lost 17


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Aparri

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 9903 troops, 163 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 321 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 88 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Aparri base !!!



Allied ground losses:
57 casualties reported


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Rendova
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:12 am
Location: Atlanta

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Rendova »

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

People seem to forget the fact that the Doolitle raid was a one-way trip.......hoping to make China.....I wouldn't use the tactic myself......Doolittle never fooled himself thinkin' he was gonna land that big ol' bomber on that postage stamp sized flightdeck.....therefore, to insert it as a usual thing in WitP would be a unnecessary tidbit IMHO.

The problem with inculding the Doolittle raid in the game is this... It won't scare your opponet. The IJN player is going to know that you just wasted 16 planes to score one supply hit and killed 3 guys in Japan. Plus you stuck your neck out to send at least two carrier WAY too close to Japan. So they aren't going to freak out the way Japan did historcally. Plus your not going to get the huge Morale boost that the raid caused back in the US. The entire raid was a morale booster for the US and suppose to scare Japan into increasing Defenses in the home island thereby reducing resources from their offense. So this type of raid does not belong in the game.
Damien Thorn
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:20 am

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Damien Thorn »

Allied Ships
MSW Toowoomba, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage


Allied ground losses:
26 casualties reported

Port hits 1
Port fuel hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
20 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
9 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet

26 planes attacking with torpedoes against ships docked in port and no hits? Seems a bit strange to me. What sort of bonus is there for attacking speed zero ships with a torpedo? I assume speed factors into the torpedo eqation quite prominently.

I also noticed that "Koei Maru" is now a PG. In UV this ship was a AP. Are certain ship names just randomized like pilot names?
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Luskan »

No - speed of the ships isn't a factor. Planes attacking with torps suffer massive disruption when flak is present - like the above. That first turn surprise is the reason so many planes get in and out of port attacks with torps alive compared to normal. normally the flak smacks them around and they give up trying to drop their torp and go and crash somewhere on the way home.

I just couldn't resist and paid the price.

Now the question is, what if I put an aviation regiment on wake, and then a few planes.

Want to bet I can take Midway anyone? Any takers? How about pearl? I couldn't see the point in taking either (only took wake to snag some of raver's planes on the ground, and get a forward base I can park a little CAP at, and a few float planes, and a few tenders going at nearby bases (back from the front line) which would make wake a nice forward sub base . . . Fuel en route as we speak, plenty of supply. The danger was Raver's CVs putting in an appearance last turn. He's not that stupid to do so now however.

[:D](Raver reads the above, and tries to decide if i'm telling the truth, or if I'm lying, or if I'm actually telling half and half to try and psych him out completely).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Capt. Harlock
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Want to bet I can take Midway anyone? Any takers? How about pearl?

Midway yes, PH no. (Have a look at the coastal defenses, and the number of troops already on the island.)
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

Want to bet I can take Midway anyone?

Watch them 6 inchers that those USMC boys have. They EAT transports! [X(]

Taking Midway after the fact is probably of little value vs getting it while all those wounded ships are still in range immediately after the PH strike.
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Luskan »

True, but it would annoy Raver . . .

This turn was much quieter by virtue of the fact that I had to ground the betties and nells due to their losses last turn. So Raver has 50+ships in port at manila, but now the surprise has worn off, and he has lots of fighters there to cover them for the moment. Yes, I ahve more fighters, but they would have to fly 6 hexes to engage and then six back - and the flak in the port attack just isn't worth it now the first turn is up. I'll just wait for my troops on the ground to force his ships to flee manila and then I'll be waiting.

I had surface combat tfs at Aparri, covering the landing there (mainly for asw) but Raver sent 2 dds, and a bunch of pt boats to Vigan, and of course my surface combat group at aparri reacted the three hexes west to swoop down on the bastards and surprise them (love seeing the japs get surprise). Wasn't a colossal battle, but it was a definite sign of things to come.

I also took Guam and Khota Bharu this turn - Guam is only of note because now I can put a few eng troops there and get some fort building going.

In China Raver has put some chinese troops into Canton behind the troops I just sent off the hong kong - however he is in for a nasty surprise when he realises what happens next turn.

No sighting of any of Raver's CVs, although there seems to be a strong royal navy presence in the johore straight - 6 CAs were sighted headed north west at a speed of 8 (or 18?).

I think that Raver has been pretty quiet offensively thus far (he does have surface combat fleets around the place) because he is waiting for me to overextend past my air cover (or at least, past the range that if he strays into my betties will have him). usually allied players try to create little strongpoints in the SRA with fighters to protect their surface ships which in turn protect the base and the fighters etc. Balikpapan, soerbaja, singapore and manila are all likely places - as well as menado and palembang.

Although my first turn was a fury of attack, troops wise, I've been quite sedate and calm with the pace of operatoins. I ahven't diverted troops for the early Solomons grab (often fighting at Rabaul and PM in 1941 doesn't go the japs way because of the distance to real supply) and I haven't tried for Tarakan, Balikpapan, kuching palembang or menado or makassar yet. There is oil there, but I'm more interested in preventing Raver's ships from escaping for the moment. It would also be nice to trap and destroy plenty of those b17s which are bombing me out of PI every turn but by the time I reach manila Raver will have enough Political points saved up to evacuate most of them.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/09/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45

Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 17
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


103 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese ground losses:
22 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45

Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 85
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


1006 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
PG Tatsumiya Maru, Shell hits 2

Japanese ground losses:
141 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Vigan at 44,49

Japanese Ships
CL Naka
DD Natsugumo
DD Minegumo
DD Asagumo, Shell hits 1
DD Murasame
DD Harusame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare

Allied Ships
DD Peary, Shell hits 6, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Pillsbury, Shell hits 29, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Vigan at 44,49

Japanese Ships
CL Naka
DD Natsugumo
DD Minegumo
DD Asagumo
DD Murasame
DD Harusame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare

Allied Ships
PT PT-31
PT PT-33, Shell hits 12, and is sunk
PT PT-34, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
PT PT-35
PT PT-41, Shell hits 7, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Vigan at 44,49

Japanese Ships
CL Naka, Shell hits 1
DD Natsugumo
DD Minegumo, Shell hits 2
DD Asagumo
DD Murasame
DD Harusame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare

Allied Ships
PT PT-31, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
PT PT-35, Shell hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Vigan at 44,49

Japanese Ships
CL Naka
DD Natsugumo
DD Minegumo
DD Asagumo
DD Murasame
DD Harusame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare

Allied Ships
PT PT-35, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45

Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 17
TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


91 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

TF 17 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


91 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 6
Hudson I x 9


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
6 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 7


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Fukko Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Miri at 31,57


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 2
Martin 139 x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Akagane Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 32,70


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 1
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Tsurugisan Maru
AK Fumishima Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Atutasan Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Changsha , at 47,36

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 10
Ki-51 Sonia x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-51 Sonia: 2 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Khota Bharu , at 24,45

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 11
Ki-21 Sally x 26
Ki-48 Lily x 30

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 damaged
Ki-48 Lily: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
21 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
26 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 43,56

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 7

no losses

no losses

Japanese Ships
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 43,56

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 2

Allied aircraft
P-26A x 12
P-40B Tomahawk x 8
P-40E Warhawk x 12
B-17C Fortress x 9

no losses

Allied aircraft losses
P-26A: 1 damaged
B-17C Fortress: 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 27,48


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 6


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3
Hudson I x 4


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Taisei Maru
AP Nachisan Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 26,48


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
CL Yura, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 15000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Guam

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 7198 troops, 88 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 622 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Guam base !!!
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

This is not going well [:(] I am still reeling from the opening move two turns (2 game days) ago. PH is still covered in a haze of smoke and the only operations that can really be launch from there are ASW.

In the PI, things are going to the usual IJN timetable[8|]. Even though there have been a number of landings there has been no major LCU clashes as yet and Dug-out-Doug is scrambling to get his PA units in place to try and block any Jap advance down the Island. I sortied USN Peary and Pillsbury (both DDs) to make a night run upto Vigan, but the IJN night fighting tactics come into play and both ships went down under a hail of shells and only managed to land one shell on the IJN DD Asagumo. Next came a followup attack in the same hex with some PT boats out of Manila, but they too went down in a torrent of gunfire. Luskan rules the seas around the PI. Oh and LRB are next to usless against ships.........I wonder who the mental giant was who thought they would be????

The RN crapped it pants when the first reports of the attack on Singapore came in, and then went into a collective apology, and ordered all remaining RN ships to quit Singers and report elsewhere. I guess it must have really stung old winnie loosing a BB and a BC in one fell swoop. The Dutch navy meanwhile have some interesting plans and might even pull off a few real suprises. Hmmm....maybe this ABDA command thing might work, even though some USN DD skippers are privately railing against being used as support for Dutch naval units and operations. ABDA are also trying out an interesting tactic to prevent supplies falling into Jap hands. If it works I will reveal more latter.

Things are calm in southern area of the map, but Australia is racing to move units to possible flash points on both the Australian mainland and to it's out flung protectorates such as Rabal. But the distances involved are so huge that it will take time....something that I don't have a lot of.


All I can do at this point is to try and sting Luskan as much as possible while I trade time for space.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

Here is a worrying thought....I seem to be doing better against Mogami in this Scen than I am against the Bannana[X(]
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Mike Scholl
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Mike Scholl »

Well, the "banana" has "appeal"---who knows about Mogami.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

Appeal or a peel ? [:D]
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Mike Scholl
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Mike Scholl »

BOTH. It's a play on words. Gosh.., a joke loses a lot when you have to explain it.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

I know...I was just playing some more with the words[:D]
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Post by Raverdave »

Well that was an interesting turn! Luskan, ratbrained that he is, dropped some 600 Jap troops into Wuchow in an attempt to distract me from marching on Canton....silly bananananana.

A swordfish ! A swordfish ! My kingdom for another 5 squadrons of swordfish ! Oh man I just loooooove these aircraft! An attack was launch against the IJN BBs Haruna and Kongo by six swordfish (Que the dambusters theme) and a hit was sorced on the Haruna! Some Blenheims and Vildebeests came back in the afternoon and not only landed a bomb on the Haruna but also dropped one on the Kongo as well !

Subs have scored a hit this turn as well, but it is from the Dutch subs, these are little beautys!

Banananana is still having his own way in the PI, but that will not be for much longer!

I'll let peel boy post the combat report.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”