I sunk the Yamato with one torpedo!!!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: I sunk the Yamamoto with one torpedo!!!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

That is that every penetrating hit on Yamato has 4% chance of see her exploding. Given the number of people playing the game, and the fact that people losing (or sinking) this ship with one torpedo will probably report to this board, I'm rather surprised that so few Yamatos perished like that. Or rather that this was the first report.

Well now that you mention it....I just had Prince of Wales explode after a torpedo hit from a G4M in my latest AI game. [X(]
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: I sunk the Yamamoto with one torpedo!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: pompack

Nice article analyzing the loss of the Hood:

http://www.navweaps.com/index_inro/index_inro.htm

Yes it is (I have it bookmarked for some time now)!

BTW, "Tiornu", what do you think of those articles there and, escpecially, the following picture?

Image


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Tiornu
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:59 pm

RE: I sunk the Yamamoto with one torpedo!!!

Post by Tiornu »

I almost always like the articles WI publishes on my areas of interest.
The drawing of Bismarck, I don't find particularly helpful as I don't feel much confidence in its precision, though it does make me glad I wasn't on board at the time.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: I sunk the Yamamoto with one torpedo!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Tiornu

I almost always like the articles WI publishes on my areas of interest.

RGR (and thanks for info)!

The drawing of Bismarck, I don't find particularly helpful as I don't feel much confidence in its precision, though it does make me glad I wasn't on board at the time.

[;)]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”