Fabertong vs Speedy: The view from the Pole
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Ouch.........
Feb 7th 1944.........
Speedy del. attacked both Mandalay and Pagan today.....lost a fort level at Pagan (down to 8) so am sending an Ind. M. Brig. to reinforce..........Mandalay held ....Speedy losing 2000 men to my 200..........
Hit one of his subs off the Kuriles with a ASW group.......it won't sink....but should need yard time.....
Speedy still destroying my air frames at Ein.........
Speedy del. attacked both Mandalay and Pagan today.....lost a fort level at Pagan (down to 8) so am sending an Ind. M. Brig. to reinforce..........Mandalay held ....Speedy losing 2000 men to my 200..........
Hit one of his subs off the Kuriles with a ASW group.......it won't sink....but should need yard time.....
Speedy still destroying my air frames at Ein.........
RE: Ouch.........
Feb. 8th 1944.......
Speedy has gone for my throat.......and moved the Brit carriers 2 hexes south of Singapore.....killing all my refugees......including an AS and and AD!!!......and several AKs.........he I think will move to target Palambang before returning north....he has spotted the TK convoy with a CVE attached there...and though they running south he can catch them.........and with the slaughter of all my airgroups 3 weeks ago there is little I can do......
I've moved some airgroups to Georgtown.....to catch him on the way out.......
I've moved 2 - betty 2 sqdrns......to Sing........with about 120 fighter support........
The next turn will be fun.....not........
Speedy has gone for my throat.......and moved the Brit carriers 2 hexes south of Singapore.....killing all my refugees......including an AS and and AD!!!......and several AKs.........he I think will move to target Palambang before returning north....he has spotted the TK convoy with a CVE attached there...and though they running south he can catch them.........and with the slaughter of all my airgroups 3 weeks ago there is little I can do......
I've moved some airgroups to Georgtown.....to catch him on the way out.......
I've moved 2 - betty 2 sqdrns......to Sing........with about 120 fighter support........
The next turn will be fun.....not........
RE: Ouch.........
Feb 9th 1944.........
The Brit Carriers....did move on Palambang........and a unusual encounter first.....an ASw combat force intercepting a Air combat force................

The Brit Carriers....did move on Palambang........and a unusual encounter first.....an ASw combat force intercepting a Air combat force................

- Attachments
-
- loader.jpg (102.94 KiB) Viewed 213 times
RE: Ouch.........
I lost both destroyers.........and only one hit on the Brit. destroyers........
Then I lost 200 aircraft....to Speedy's 20 as over 300 of my airplanes......attacked 30 of his.........not good.....and achieved 1 bomb hit on a B. Carrier.......no real damage............
I'm being bled white while trying to stop his 3 front attack....and it is very clever.........
When he does move through the CENPAC......... I'll have shifted most of my airgroups in a hopeless attempt at protecting my supply lines.........
This is a fine strategy..........and I am struggling to find the best answer........
Then I lost 200 aircraft....to Speedy's 20 as over 300 of my airplanes......attacked 30 of his.........not good.....and achieved 1 bomb hit on a B. Carrier.......no real damage............
I'm being bled white while trying to stop his 3 front attack....and it is very clever.........
When he does move through the CENPAC......... I'll have shifted most of my airgroups in a hopeless attempt at protecting my supply lines.........
This is a fine strategy..........and I am struggling to find the best answer........
RE: Ouch.........
Feb 10th 1944........
Wave after wave of Japanese aircraft attacked the Brit Carriers today.......and the evil Corsair saw them off.....a couple of light bomb hits on the heavily armoured Carriers.....but at least Speedy is retiring north.....Palambang has not been bombed and the 2 big oil convoys........almost my last(in ship terms)........are untouched for now.......but it cost me 250 aircraft.....to Speedy's say 30.........Some of his TBDs hit while attacking a convoy near Palambang........
Speedy knows the more of my planes he can suck into this meatgrinder.......the fewer I will have to confront his next moves on other fronts.......I expect him to replenish his forces and come back........and I'm at a loss as to what to do............to commit carrier forces seems folly....more lambs to the slaughter........

Wave after wave of Japanese aircraft attacked the Brit Carriers today.......and the evil Corsair saw them off.....a couple of light bomb hits on the heavily armoured Carriers.....but at least Speedy is retiring north.....Palambang has not been bombed and the 2 big oil convoys........almost my last(in ship terms)........are untouched for now.......but it cost me 250 aircraft.....to Speedy's say 30.........Some of his TBDs hit while attacking a convoy near Palambang........
Speedy knows the more of my planes he can suck into this meatgrinder.......the fewer I will have to confront his next moves on other fronts.......I expect him to replenish his forces and come back........and I'm at a loss as to what to do............to commit carrier forces seems folly....more lambs to the slaughter........

- Attachments
-
- killo.jpg (131.85 KiB) Viewed 213 times
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
Surely, you mean "more penguins to the slaughter"...?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
I stand corrected..........ORIGINAL: Terminus
Surely, you mean "more penguins to the slaughter"...?
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
It's scary how much pressure he's managing to put on you on three fronts that are so far apart.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
I know.....I'm scared......
Once the Brit carriers have Corsairs....and the mix of that and the good AA of the Brit. ships.......he has another Death Star......almost untouchable......
Plus the origional Death Star in the CENPAC.......
and the move in the souther DEI can be covered by land based aircraft.........
I wonder if it has occured to him ......that if he doesn't trigger Kami's he could spend the next 2 months.......traveling around the map....at his leisure......sinking ships.......even raiding the HI........and my only option would be to throw away my remaining carriers........
Once the Brit carriers have Corsairs....and the mix of that and the good AA of the Brit. ships.......he has another Death Star......almost untouchable......
Plus the origional Death Star in the CENPAC.......
and the move in the souther DEI can be covered by land based aircraft.........
I wonder if it has occured to him ......that if he doesn't trigger Kami's he could spend the next 2 months.......traveling around the map....at his leisure......sinking ships.......even raiding the HI........and my only option would be to throw away my remaining carriers........
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
It probably hasn't occurred to him. Not overly bright, our Speedy...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
Well he is kicking my ***...........and I'm thought to be a genius in the penguin world.........
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
Well, there's such a thing as luck, too... Fortune favours the ignorant, etc...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
Feb 11th 1944.........
A series of 6 airstrikes homed in on the Brit. carriers .....flying from Sabang/Georgetown/Singapore..........
My Sally's hit first........several bomb hits bounced off the Formidable.......in fact one excited airman claimed the Brit. sailors were catching them and throwing them back at my planes.......must do something about morale........
Next a training sqdrn of Kates.....I know they at this stage they should only be used for training....tried and failed to hit the enemy.........the survivors will now upgrade to Jill (all 4 of them)....
Then some old Betty 1s went in and glory be.... 1 torp hit the Illustrious...........
Then 9 Betty 2s went in.........and hit her again.....heavy damage reported.......
Then 18 Betty 2s went in ......and three...count 'em three torps hit Victorious.......fuel explosion damage.........
Cue dancing penguin........where is the Chablis......oh, it's only 2 in the afternoon...better wait.......
I have paid a heavy price......after the last 3 turns of air carnage....this turn.....I lost another 170 planes..........and my fighter cover here is exausted.......
I've taken a big chance and moved 3 Betty 2 sqdrns and 2 Zeke sqdrns to Vic. point....hoping to tidy up........I only have 1 sqdrn of Georges flying CAP........If Speedy spots them.....which I suspect he will..... they will be slaughtered on the ground.........but I have to take the chance........if I can knock out all three Brit. carriers........this will slow his ops in this theatre....to only under land based cover............
The first good turn of 1944 for this penguin.....one suspects there won't be many..........
A series of 6 airstrikes homed in on the Brit. carriers .....flying from Sabang/Georgetown/Singapore..........
My Sally's hit first........several bomb hits bounced off the Formidable.......in fact one excited airman claimed the Brit. sailors were catching them and throwing them back at my planes.......must do something about morale........
Next a training sqdrn of Kates.....I know they at this stage they should only be used for training....tried and failed to hit the enemy.........the survivors will now upgrade to Jill (all 4 of them)....
Then some old Betty 1s went in and glory be.... 1 torp hit the Illustrious...........
Then 9 Betty 2s went in.........and hit her again.....heavy damage reported.......
Then 18 Betty 2s went in ......and three...count 'em three torps hit Victorious.......fuel explosion damage.........
Cue dancing penguin........where is the Chablis......oh, it's only 2 in the afternoon...better wait.......
I have paid a heavy price......after the last 3 turns of air carnage....this turn.....I lost another 170 planes..........and my fighter cover here is exausted.......
I've taken a big chance and moved 3 Betty 2 sqdrns and 2 Zeke sqdrns to Vic. point....hoping to tidy up........I only have 1 sqdrn of Georges flying CAP........If Speedy spots them.....which I suspect he will..... they will be slaughtered on the ground.........but I have to take the chance........if I can knock out all three Brit. carriers........this will slow his ops in this theatre....to only under land based cover............
The first good turn of 1944 for this penguin.....one suspects there won't be many..........
RE: Ouch.........
It looks like Speedy will lost quite a few CVs.... how many CVs he have in that TF?

RE: Ouch.........
pauk.....see the screenshot above...when he ran into one of my ASW TFs...this is the TF under attack at the moment............
RE: Ouch.........
oh, i guess there will be no CAP tomorrow over the British fleet - planes from two damaged CVs could overload third one...
go for it, Mr. Penguin![;)]
go for it, Mr. Penguin![;)]

RE: Ouch.........
grrrrr.....
RE: Ouch.........
Feb 12th 1944................
Speedy split off his damaged Carriers.........so as my airgroups arrived they found the Formidable full of fight............
The first 2 waves were swatted away by 20ish Corsairs and some fierce AA.......
But the third strike....again my Betty 2s from Sabang........put two torps into Formidable........not badly damaged ...but limping........
The next 3 waves hit the two detached CVs......Victorious is sunk........Illustrious will follow I feel as she took two more torps.....this turn........
Now to catch and kill Formidable.........
Then pull my shattered airgroups out to rest ready to move to Java.......as Speedy's southern threat grows..........
Speedy split off his damaged Carriers.........so as my airgroups arrived they found the Formidable full of fight............
The first 2 waves were swatted away by 20ish Corsairs and some fierce AA.......
But the third strike....again my Betty 2s from Sabang........put two torps into Formidable........not badly damaged ...but limping........
The next 3 waves hit the two detached CVs......Victorious is sunk........Illustrious will follow I feel as she took two more torps.....this turn........
Now to catch and kill Formidable.........
Then pull my shattered airgroups out to rest ready to move to Java.......as Speedy's southern threat grows..........
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
Ooooh, looking forward to see how inventive Speedy will get, in the field of swear-words, over on his AAR...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
Hundred of penguins are running around HQ.....with maps, charts and sardines.......trying to find some way of cashing in on this temporary setback to Speedy..........
My eye will now look south to Timor..........he is moving north.........how to hurt him here?
I'll worry about CENPAC in a months time......by then his next move there will be clear........
The fleet is scattered.....the airgroups depleted.......oil low.......no reserve HI.....(I over built....)......I've bought time in the western Theatre.........I need more time.......oh....and more TKs.....
My eye will now look south to Timor..........he is moving north.........how to hurt him here?
I'll worry about CENPAC in a months time......by then his next move there will be clear........
The fleet is scattered.....the airgroups depleted.......oil low.......no reserve HI.....(I over built....)......I've bought time in the western Theatre.........I need more time.......oh....and more TKs.....


