So, in the interests of time, I think it would be sensible for each Committee member to formulate and present his/her arguments, for and against comrade Chickenboy's question, ahead of the Numpty Consideration Plenary Session. Voting can then take place during the Plenum and the results presented at the 27th National Congress.
In the interests of brevity I would ask all Committee members to present their views (in no more than a paragraph) on the matter in question - ergo and theretofore:
"Why is Warspite1 a numpty?"
Excuse me! Excuse me! [bangs on desk with a shoe]
Sorry. Too Russian.
Anyways, as I was saying, let's not rush to vote on this one singular issue. There are so many useful numptinian votes we could have. Comrade Zilch raises an excellent (for him) suggestion. One that paws at the very back door of one's imagination, needing to go outside for a logistical tinkle.
I think we should cast a net and canvas our local numptinian comrades. Those that have 'contributed' to this thread would be good for starters. I think the question we should ask our...erm...'illustrious' group gathered here today should be:
"What numptinian or numpty-like votes do people desire here today?"
I believe that the question you've forwarded for a vote is worthy of consideration. I also believe that Zilch's 'Why are not the rest of us numpty' is an interesting question to be posed as well. I for one countenance both of these questions-and more-as our present company shall identify in good time.
Why thank you, Comrade CB.
As a great non-numpty writer put it, to be (Numpty) or not to be (Numpty)? That is the Gesaltachuken.
I hypothesize that it (numptiness) cannot be proved or disproved within a logically consistent system. It is undecidable except by observation.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
So, in the interests of time, I think it would be sensible for each Committee member to formulate and present his/her arguments, for and against comrade Chickenboy's question, ahead of the Numpty Consideration Plenary Session. Voting can then take place during the Plenum and the results presented at the 27th National Congress.
In the interests of brevity I would ask all Committee members to present their views (in no more than a paragraph) on the matter in question - ergo and theretofore:
"Why is Warspite1 a numpty?"
Excuse me! Excuse me! [bangs on desk with a shoe]
Sorry. Too Russian.
Anyways, as I was saying, let's not rush to vote on this one singular issue. There are so many useful numptinian votes we could have. Comrade Zilch raises an excellent (for him) suggestion. One that paws at the very back door of one's imagination, needing to go outside for a logistical tinkle.
I think we should cast a net and canvas our local numptinian comrades. Those that have 'contributed' to this thread would be good for starters. I think the question we should ask our...erm...'illustrious' group gathered here today should be:
"What numptinian or numpty-like votes do people desire here today?"
I believe that the question you've forwarded for a vote is worthy of consideration. I also believe that Zilch's 'Why are not the rest of us numpty' is an interesting question to be posed as well. I for one countenance both of these questions-and more-as our present company shall identify in good time.
warspite1
But comrade CB The question has been put to the people and must be answered by the Central Committee for the people. To add additional questions at this juncture is merely vacillation and as an apparatchik of the old school you are conversant with the dangers inherent in this course of action, no? Let us have no more procrastination, the proletariat demand answers!
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
So, in the interests of time, I think it would be sensible for each Committee member to formulate and present his/her arguments, for and against comrade Chickenboy's question, ahead of the Numpty Consideration Plenary Session. Voting can then take place during the Plenum and the results presented at the 27th National Congress.
In the interests of brevity I would ask all Committee members to present their views (in no more than a paragraph) on the matter in question - ergo and theretofore:
"Why is Warspite1 a numpty?"
He is not. My Lord Warspite, the first, is a true genius, and to call him a numpty is a mockery and it will not stand. The committee is making a fool of itself for making such a claim. I call upon the chair for the Committee on Committees to create a committee that will examine how such a obviously false statement could have been made at all, and that he initiates the creation of the Committee for overseeing Committee oversights.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
I further suggest that the Central Committee for the people, of the people, and by the people, should elect, at once and without delay, My Lord Warpite, the First, to the position of Overseer of the Chair for the Committee on Central Committee for the people, of the people, and by the people.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2 SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator Tester for WDS games
Beria: As instructed, anti-party, counter revolutionary, and bourgeois obstructionists have been removed. The rump committee will meet in the phone booth outside party headquarters. The agenda is to define 'numpty' to the party's satisfaction.
Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2 SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator Tester for WDS games
Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?
Beria: Only a numpty reactionary would say a bourgeois thing like that. Comrade Zovs, you are under arrest.
Thanks to the wisdom and foresight of Comrade Stalin, your plot to sabotage the Party Congress has been foiled. [X(]
Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?
Why limit ourselves to such a short time span. We must endeavor to properly define 'numpty' to such an extent that there is no doubt of who is a numpty. We must delve into the subject matter, and it is very intricate, that the possibility of defining 'numpty' in every possible context is enormous. Why, the very possibilities are endless as the limits of human knowledge are being pushed beyond the ken of almost every possible human. Why, defining 'numpty' may be worse than defining such a weighty matter as gravity.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).” ; Julia Child
Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?
Beria: Only a numpty reactionary would say a bourgeois thing like that. Comrade Zovs, you are under arrest.
Thanks to the wisdom and foresight of Comrade Stalin, your plot to sabotage the Party Congress has been foiled. [X(]
Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?
Beria: Only a numpty reactionary would say a bourgeois thing like that. Comrade Zovs, you are under arrest.
Thanks to the wisdom and foresight of Comrade Stalin, your plot to sabotage the Party Congress has been foiled. [X(]
Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?
warspite1
What????
No wonder the economy of the General Forum is in such a mess. We are failing our production targets generally and not meeting our post quotas on the 'Hello' thread specifically, and yet you comrade, are seriously proposing that we devote an entire 5-year plan to define 'numpty'?
I do not expect respected members of the Central Committee to be acting like numpties over the simple question put before us by comrade CB.
Yours sincerely
The Vozhd
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Hello from my prison cell, rumor has it I’ll be moved to Siberia soon, they say a nice forest to practice my re-education.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2 SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator Tester for WDS games
On further investigations of the Tundra I have sent the following report to STAVKA.
Dreamed I was an eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...
And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Nanook, a-no-no
Nanook, a-no-no
Don't be a naughty eskimo
Save your money, don't go to the show
Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
Well I turned around and I said ho, ho
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
Watch out where the huskies go,
and don't you eat that yellow snow
Watch out where the huskies go,
and don't you eat that yellow snow
Well, right about that time, people
A fur-trapper, who was strictly from commercial (strictly commercial)
Had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my igloo (peek-a-boo)
And he started into whipping on my favorite baby seal
With a lead-filled snowshoe
I said
With a lead
Filled
With a lead-filled snowshoe
He said, "Peekaboo"
With a lead
Filled
With a lead-filled snowshoe
He said, "Peekaboo"
He went right upside the head of my favorite baby seal
He went "whap" with a lead-filled snowshoe, and
He hit him on the nose and hit him on the fin, and he
That got me just about as evil as an eskimo boy can be
So I bent down, and I reached down, and I scooped down and I gathered up a generous mitten-full of the deadly (yellow snow)
The deadly yellow snow, from right there where the huskies go!
Whereupon I proceeded to take that mittenful of the deadly yellow snow crystals and rub it all into his beady little eyes with a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology, here it goes now, the circular motion: rub It!
(Here Fido)
(Here Fido)
And then
In a fit of anger I pounced
And I pounced again
Great Googly Moogly!
I jumped up and down on the chest of a
I injured the fur trapper
Well he was very upset, as you can understand
And rightly so, because
The deadly yellow snow crystals had
Deprived him of his sight
And he stood up, and he looked around, and he said
"I can't see"
"I can't see"
"Oh, woe is me"
"I can't see"
"Well… no no
I can't see
Nothin'"
He took a dog-doo snow cone and stuffed it in my right eye
He took a dog-doo snow cone and stuffed it in my other eye
And the husky wee-wee, I mean the doggie wee-wee, has blinded me
And I can't see
Temporarily
Well, the fur-trapper stood there
With his arms outstretched across the frozen white wasteland
Trying to figure out what he's going to do about his deflected eyes
And it was at that precise moment that he remembered an ancient Eskimo legend
Wherein it is written
On whatever it is that they write it on up there
That if anything bad ever happens to your eyes
As the result of some sort of conflict with anyone named Nanook
The only way you can get it fixed up
Is to go trudging across the tundra mile after mile
Trudging across the tundra right down to the parish of St. Alfonzo
Yes indeed, here we are
At St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
Where I stole the mar-juh-rene
And wheedled on the Bingo cards
In lieu of the latrine
I saw a handsome parish lady
Make her entrance like a queen
While she was totally chenille
And her old man was a Marine
As she abused the sausage pattie
And said, "Why don't you treat me mean?"
(Hurt me, hurt me, hurt me, oooooh!)
At St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
(Wow! Good God! Get off the bus!)
Where I stole the mar-juh-rene
St. Alfonzo
St. Alfonzo
St. Alfonzo
St. Alfonzo
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2 SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator Tester for WDS games