Hi all,
Here's a brief summary of the war to date:
We started a 05/42 Campaign.
Phase 1
----------
The first 3 months saw 2 action in 2 theatre's:
1. China - Faber occupied most of China but I always managed to extricate my troops and I have ever since held the impregnable fortresses of Chungking, Kunming, Yunan and Chengtu. All are supplied ok and are covered by Spitfires and Lighhtnings.
2. South Pacific - Faber occupied the Solomans and took PM without a fight from me. At that time it was decided it would be folly to tackle the KB.
--------------------
Phase 2
-----------
I planned a little 'training operation' in the Aleutians for October/Novermber 1942.
Faber had occupied Attu and Kiska in October.
I planned in using RCT's to take the places supported by my CV's.
Faber also had ideas up there and we had a totally unexpetced CV duel which I won convincingly:
He lost Junyo, 2 x CVL and I had Lexington damaged. He also lost almost all of his KB pilots in fierce air battles.
Rather than a training operation this turned into a 4 month slugfest which I eventually won by taking both Attu and Kiska, destroying 1000 enemy planes, sinking many I-Boats + AK's.
The big loss for me was CV Yorktown was sunk by I-boat's over 2 attacks.
----------------
Phase 3
----------
February-May 1943 saw a buildup of forces by me whilst I upgraded my ships with heavier AA and awaited more CV's and advanced models of planes.
Faber did nothing in this entire time.
Burma heated up in this period with a HUGE stalemate atr Myitkyina dragging on. I eventually gained control of the air but he had moved so many LCU's from Japan/Kwantung that it was not possible to force him on the ground. By July though I had cut supply to Myitkyina on the rail line and have forced his retreat to Mandalay which is where we are now.
My next operation was to take Wake Island for a push through the Central Pacific.
I elected to go for the surprise option (which was a nig mistake). As such Faber had little time to react when my forces were on the scene but my 7 x Division+ were cut to pieces when they landed amongst mines and CD's + IGD!
We then had the mother of all sea battles with Faber sending in everything he had:
CV Kaga and BB Mutsu were out of the fight from the start when they were damaged by SS.
CV Hiyu and Soryu were sunk in the CV battle with light damage once again on Lexington.
We had huge surface battles of BB vs BB at Wake which Faber edged. I lost 3 x BB + 10's of other ships of all types.
During the next day my CV air pounded his retreating ships and it evened the BB losses out with Musashi + support going to Davey Jones.
I had to evac Wake since my men were worn out. Evac went 100% perfect.
------------------
Phase 4
-----------
July -
I repaired my shups, awaited Hellcats and moved forces from Australia/America to be able to plan a further invasion. Thsi time it was the Tarawa region in the Gilberts.
My forces went in and recon showed Apamama and Makin unoccupied. As such I took those places and cut off the 12 units on Tarawa.
I am now planning to move towards the Marshalls and have just conducted CV operations to weaken enemy air defences.
Enemy I-boats have performed well in sinking CVL Independence and damaged CV Bunker Hill and CV Intrepid.
My subs have performed well throught the war but over the past 2 weeks Faber appears to have changed his air search roputine and is detecting more of my subs and my attacks have dropped substantially. I still move mine around a lot though so none have been lost to Faber.
-----------------
Here's a map of the theatre. Note all the green dots in enemy territory are subs.......
