From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
AdmNelson
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 8:00 am
Location: New Mexico

RE: Bay of Bengal...again

Post by AdmNelson »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

What happened to this game... [&:] [:(] [&:] [:(]

The CINCPAC was away trying to hit a 98 mph fastball...we are officially back in the saddle again as of Monday....more to come...must go now...shelling getting real heavy now..over and out!

I take it CINCPAC has one of those bats with a hole in it?
Very Proud Marine Dad
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Bay of Bengal...again

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: AdmNelson

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

What happened to this game... [&:] [:(] [&:] [:(]

The CINCPAC was away trying to hit a 98 mph fastball...we are officially back in the saddle again as of Monday....more to come...must go now...shelling getting real heavy now..over and out!

I take it CINCPAC has one of those bats with a hole in it?

i think they have several boats with holes in them... [8|] [:'(]
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Historical Fidelity

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

i think they have several boats with holes in them... [8|] [:'(]

Hey now. At least we are trying! Doesn't that count for something? [:)]


A quick aside. The level of historical detail in this game is simply astounding. Here are the
Herring twins in the SEAC command. They were genetically identical and could complete each other's sentences. While one slept, the other was able to continue working without so much as a change of command ceremony. They served in Siam and Burma.

Image
Attachments
herring.jpg
herring.jpg (11.94 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Historical Fidelity

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I found a picture of the two from a reception for Lord Mountbatten in Colombo, in 1942

Note: There is a spelling error in the game OOB. I believe based on some research that "Hering" is the correct spelling. Still, a minor point.

Image
Attachments
twins_large.jpg
twins_large.jpg (28.69 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Burmese, 3-headed python

Post by Cap Mandrake »

The Akyab defenders have been trying to walk out to the North as the air field is completely wrecked and they are subject to repeated naval bombardment. A seaborn rescue was entertained in poor weather, but later scuttled. The Japanese 16th Div has to be tired after crossing the mountains and having been subjected to repeated air atacks from Chandpur and Impahl....but Akyab will fall soon. Curiously, another 23K troops are crossing the mountains behind the 16th. This seems much too large a force than needed to defeat the pitiable defenders of Akyab, which consists of a severely depleted Indian Brigade without it's support elements and the remnants of the Rangoon fortress troops.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (211.99 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
HMS Resolution
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:31 pm

RE: Burmese, 3-headed python

Post by HMS Resolution »

There also appear to be duplicate Captain Tennants of HMS Repulse. A good man to have a spare of.
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Surface Raiders

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Pago Pago is taking a pounding. Jap carriers are parked just offshore waiting for us to try something. Instead, we attempt to interdict shipping heading East from Fiji to reinforce his landing force on Pago pago.

The Tally:

Japanese Losses:

1 x DD
1 x MSW
1 x PG SUNK

1 x DD, 1 x MSW, 1 x PG damaged

Allied Losses:

USS Pensacola sunk
USS Rathburn moderately damaged (can be repaired in theatre)

On points, we lost this one, but shortly afterward, his carriers did leave station, their whereabouts unkown.





Image
Attachments
fiji.jpg
fiji.jpg (91.74 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

HMS Bounty

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Man..this flu season is killing me.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (190.18 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Tojo

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Spring "Defensive" in the CBI

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I almost forgot my password it has been so long. Of course, I have to work again today and tomorrow [:@]

I feel like sneaking out and keying my bosses car...oh wait...that's me. [:-]


The Japs are on the move in the CBI. I wish I could have seen the look on the face of the Captain of the Haruna when he saw 150 bombers overhead.

BTW..we have a house rule. Allied Heavies at min. 10,000 ft., otherwise it might have been worse.

Image
Attachments
Burma10.jpg
Burma10.jpg (360.74 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Tojo

Post by rtrapasso »

Meanwhile, M&M Enterprises has entered yet another alternate reality... check out " Small Ship, Big War - The Voyages of the Hibiki" by Cuttlefish:

fb.asp?m=1391523
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Tojo

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Meanwhile, M&M Enterprises has entered yet another alternate reality... check out " Small Ship, Big War - The Voyages of the Hibiki" by Cuttlefish:

fb.asp?m=1391523


Crickey! [X(] That stuff must be left over from WWII(a)
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Mail Call!

Post by Cap Mandrake »

If this war is being fought for capitalism, somebody ought to privatize mail delivery. It takes forever in the Pacific.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
User avatar
AdmNelson
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 8:00 am
Location: New Mexico

RE: Mail Call!

Post by AdmNelson »

Throwing items in the ocean and expecting delivery on time is, is not a very good model for capitalism.
Very Proud Marine Dad
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Mail Call!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: AdmNelson

Throwing items in the ocean and expecting delivery on time is, is not a very good model for capitalism.

it was all a clever plot - Capt. Ishii didn't mention they found them after they homed in on the radio beacon inside the boxes... [:'(]
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Strategic Planning

Post by Cap Mandrake »

******May 2, 1942, Corporate HQ, M&M Enterprises, Aukland, NZ**********


M. Minderbinder (President): <finishes rereading a battered letter..pauses..then asks> Yossarian, you ever have salted sea urchin eggs?

Yossarian (VP Advertising jingles and official corporate soothsayer): Yeah, they are kinda fishy for my taste but those that like them seem to develop some kind of religious zeal for the darn things. The Japanese make the best, therefore the scarcity seems to be a draw.

M. Minderbinder (President):
Hmmm. Interesting. I have just received the strangest order for 300 tins of M&M Enterprises Salted Sea Urchin Roe. I think your dad forwarded it to us but the letter writer seems to be a Captain in the Japanese Navy and the stamp is from the Marshall Islands. I do see opportunity here, but I have no idea what the good Captain is talking about. He claims he found some of our product floating at sea. The crate had M&M Enterprises stamped on it and the aforementioned sea urchin eggs within. Very odd. I think I know the product line like the back of my hand but I don't ever remember greenlighting this.

Yossarian (VP Advertising jingles and official corporate soothsayer):
Ah, I suspect its left over from the last war. I'm finding more examples as we go along. I have started to call them leaks. There is the Flt. Lt's Ghost..now Tojo and these. Leaks.


M. Minderbinder (President):
Yossarian, you are starting to sound crazy again, you crazy SOB.


Yossarian (VP Advertising jingles and official corporate soothsayer):
Oh, I am most definitely crazy. You are crazy too, you crazy SOB. You are crazy because you want to run for Congress. Cathcart is crazy because he wants to win a medal. Snowden is crazy because he wants to be here. The Chief is crazy because he is 3 ft tall and wants to create the perfect coktail. The Professor is definitely crazy just like his great great great grandfather Captain Bligh. The Bounty boys on Pitcarin are crazy. Even the Maori stewardesses are crazy for working for an airline with torpedoes for fuel tanks. We are all crazy.


M. Minderbinder (President):
Yossarian. You are the craziest SOB I have EVER known...but you have good instincts. I am going to try to find a supplier for salted sea urchin roe. By the way, how did you know about the Congress thing?
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Intercourse....economic, I mean

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (104.82 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Image
Cuttlefish
Posts: 2454
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 am
Location: Oregon, USA

RE: Intercourse....economic, I mean

Post by Cuttlefish »

As a patriotic officer of the Imperial Japanese Navy Captain Ishii would never line his own pockets by dealing with the enemy. On the other hand, there is someone aboard the Hibiki who would get along very well with Milo...someone who might even write letters in the captain's name if he thought he could get away with it. Hmm, I sense a new plot line brewing.

On the other hand, if Milo can get hold of some Type 93 torpedoes I think our friend the captain might be willing to deal with him at this point...
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Intercourse....economic, I mean

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Cuttlefish

As a patriotic officer of the Imperial Japanese Navy Captain Ishii would never line his own pockets by dealing with the enemy. On the other hand, there is someone aboard the Hibiki who would get along very well with Milo...someone who might even write letters in the captain's name if he thought he could get away with it. Hmm, I sense a new plot line brewing.

On the other hand, if Milo can get hold of some Type 93 torpedoes I think our friend the captain might be willing to deal with him at this point...

Alas...there are hard core types everywhere [;)]
Image
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Intercourse....economic, I mean

Post by Onime No Kyo »

<best stuffy British accent>
&nbsp;
Now, look here, Mandrake, ol' boy. Can't (pronounced, kahnt) you see the classic ploy? He is simply trying to drive the price down.
&nbsp;
</stuffy British accent>
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”