ORIGINAL: n01487477
Baker and Ellice Is. might be options, as would Palmyra and Christmas Is. but if I were your opponent I'd have all my CV's holed up in Australia or NZ looking to play historically and go up the Solomon Is. chain. He could be in SanFran too, but I doubt it... Actually, seeing as you haven't ventured into the Southern Ocean, his CV's could even be around Fiji. Although, given the lack of action, maybe I was right with my first assessment.
I also think his CV's are based at Sydney. It's been very quiet of late, but with lots of radio activity at Sydney and PH. There has been no further Allied moves around Tabiteuea other than the expansion of the airfield. I'm holding the surrounding islands, but only with fragments of Naval Guard units.
Fuel in theatre is still my main problem. However, a massive tanker TF is finally leaving Balikpapan en route to Truk. This will be enough to sustain immediate operations until I get a better flow of fuel into Truk. I have enough fuel to mount one operation right now.
My immediate concern is getting the islands surrounding Tabiteuea fully garrisoned and supplied. Reinforcements into Tarawa and the Marshall's are also a high priority. I'd like to invade Baker and Canton Island's sooner than later and I have a few infantry regiments and JNAF AF units ready to go. With Tabiteuea now at a level 3 airbase there will be Allied CAP and search capabilities. I'll sortie the Combined Fleet to cover the reinforcing of the islands around Tabiteuea. With AKE's and extra Fleet HQ's now available, I can begin sending bombardment TF's to hit Tabiteuea.
I've gathered enough units together at Truk to begin strengthening this theatre in earnest. With the lack of Allied attention on Tabiteuea other than airbase expansion, I'm going to begin the process of isolating/neutralizing the base before it gets any stronger.
I like your idea of a feint at Ndeni. I think I will combine that with the amphibious operations against Baker and Canton Island's. First, I'm going to start the hurt on Tabiteuea It's actually rather far out for the Allies with no supporting bases for their LBA. If I can shut down the airbase through bombardments and then maintain by air attack, I may force the Allies to commit their carriers here in support. I've ordered every submarine to converge around Tabiteuea and will hopefully get some lucky hits on anything that may show up.
The Combined Fleet is ready to be committed! Let's see how the Allies may respond.
A quick note on China. The river crossing took too high a toll on my forces, I'm only regaining around 50 AV a day and still am 2000 AV short of what I started with. Reinforcements are trickling in which is helping, but I made a mistake not having a large force immediately available to reinforce the bridgehead and start attacking right away. Live and learn. I'm bombarding the defenders every other day and hitting them with air attack to keep disablements occurring while I gather my strength. So far the Chinese have not reinforced the defenders and I'm maneuvering to threaten other fronts to prevent the Chinese from focusing on this one area only.
The plan is still to engage Chinese forces, but I'll focus on the smaller formations that I can overwhelm in time and by doing so move to threaten the larger formations by cutting their supply lines instead of direct confrontation. I'm still torn on Burma. Can I afford to abandon Northern Burma to make a drive on Paoshan and Kunming. I'm very tempted to try, but it will be a risk and may also be way to late.
Can I start over? [:D] I definitely know what I'd like to try in my next game. It's a case of shoulda, coulda, woulda!







[/center]
