9th July 1941
That brings the CW turn to an end. All practicable routes to Egypt (marked in red) are covered. Wavell's attention is now drawn to the matter of trying to relieve the garrison at Tobruk......




ORIGINAL: warspite1
Turn 62
12th July 1941
I think its time for a house rule or two.
1. I think the RN needs limiting because a) its so powerful in offence and b) its diverting Axis aircraft for no reason whatsoever. There appears little chance of causing any damage to the ships and the numbers aircraft lost is faintly ridiculous. Since the start of the game I have been ensuring that the RN ships go back to Egypt to re-supply and I will continue that. But I will also limit the number of vessels that can be off Tobruk. I will also use up smaller ships on 'escort' duty for any reinforcements to Tobruk. These ships cannot then take part in bombardment.
Admiral Cunningham informs General Wavell that due to the deadly accuracy of the Luftwaffe, he will not risk his battleships off Tobruk any longer.
2. I have tried not attacking HQ when the AI leaves them vulnerable to attack. I will continue with this policy and only break it when I need to attack because the unit is in the way.



HMS Dido is a very attractive ship.ORIGINAL: warspite1
Turn 62
12th July 1941
The previous losses at Tobruk can only be partially addressed. One of the problems is stacking, which means that in order to free up space for reinforcements Morshead has had to put unready units in the front line. The only replacement this time around is the addition of the Australian 7th Cavalry, although more replacements are earmarked and being readied at Bardia for the purpose.
The RN has withdrawn the capital ships and the Tobruk Support Force consists of just four vessels.
![]()






Are there VPs involved? Sounds like a diversion of forces.ORIGINAL: warspite1
Turn 63
16th July 1941
First though, we turn to the Saharan interior where the Germans have a number of Oasis battalions. The 9th Indian Brigade, part of 5th Indian Division, has been tasked with seeking out and destroying these pesky German infantry companies. The Indians have four battalions of infantry, a cavalry regiment and an artillery regiment so should have the measure of the defenders.
Sadly they have run out of puff this turn though.
![]()
warspite1ORIGINAL: Zorch
Are there VPs involved? Sounds like a diversion of forces.ORIGINAL: warspite1
Turn 63
16th July 1941
First though, we turn to the Saharan interior where the Germans have a number of Oasis battalions. The 9th Indian Brigade, part of 5th Indian Division, has been tasked with seeking out and destroying these pesky German infantry companies. The Indians have four battalions of infantry, a cavalry regiment and an artillery regiment so should have the measure of the defenders.
Sadly they have run out of puff this turn though.
![]()

ORIGINAL: warspite1
MMmm I'm struggling to decide how to play this now. The AI is doing some pretty dumb things (see below), but I don't want to just sit and wait forever - there's limited fun in that.
So I think I will just continue on with the relief of Tobruk (hopefully). I have counted at least two German panzer regiments and plenty of Afrika Korps artillery so I will need to be careful.
Let Operation Crusader begin!
