THE THREAD!!!
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
He had a good innings and went with someone who loved him holding him. That we could all go that way.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
[:(]ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
[:(]
Leo "Apollo11"
ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
[:(]
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
Sorry to hear that mate[:(]
[center]
Bigger boys stole my sig

Bigger boys stole my sig
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
Hmmm...
Leo "Apollo11"
Hmmm...
Continental 'responsible' for Concorde crash in 2000
By BBC
BBC's Christian Fraser said what the families were looking for was someone to blame and they had that now in Continental Airlines
A Paris court has said Continental Airlines was "criminally responsible" for the crash of a Concorde supersonic jet 10 years ago, and fined it 200,000 euros (£170,000).
It has also been ordered to pay 1m euros to the jet's operator Air France.
A Continental mechanic, John Taylor, was given a 15-month suspended prison sentence over the crash.
Continental has said it will appeal, saying the verdict "only protects French interests".
Another airline operative, Stanley Ford, and three French officials were cleared.
The Concorde caught fire shortly after take-off from Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris in July 2000, killing 113 people.
The court ruled that the crash was caused by a piece of metal left on the runway after falling from a Continental jet. Investigators said this caused a tyre-burst in the jet, which in turn ruptured a fuel tank.
The judge in the case confirmed investigators' findings that titanium debris dropped by a Continental DC-10 onto the runway at Charles de Gaulle airport before the Concorde took off was to blame.
John Taylor should not have used titanium parts to make repairs on the DC-10 because the metal was known to be too dangerous for aeroplane tyres, and he should have used a softer metal, aluminium, instead, the court found.
Continental had disputed this interpretation, saying the airliner, operated by Air France, was already in flames before it hit the small piece of titanium.
"While we agree with the court's decision that Stanley Ford was innocent of the charges he faced and we share his relief that his decade-long nightmare is over, we strongly disagree with the court's verdict regarding Continental Airlines and John Taylor and will of course appeal this absurd finding," a UK-based Continental spokesman said in a statement.
"Portraying the metal strip as the cause of the accident, and Continental and one of its employees as the sole guilty parties, shows the determination of the French authorities to shift attention and blame away from Air France, which was government-owned at the time and operated and maintained the aircraft, as well as from the French authorities responsible for the Concorde's airworthiness and safety."
Pointing the finger
The families of most victims were compensated years ago, so financial claims were not the trial's focus, but apportioning blame was, says the BBC's Christian Fraser in Paris.
Most of the passengers were German tourists heading to New York to join a luxury cruise to the Caribbean. Nine French crew members and four hotel workers also died.
Following Monday's verdict, Air France, which paid out 100m euros in compensation to victims' families, may decide to seek to reclaim some of that money from the US company.
There is a separate court case taking place over economic compensation for the crash.
1. 1643 local time: Smoke seen as Air France Concorde 4590 takes off. Investigators found the tyre had exploded after hitting a metal strip left on the runway. Tyre pieces hit the fuel tank causing a fuel leak, which ignited.
2. Control tower tells pilot large flames coming from tail end.
3. Less than two kilometres from airport, pilot tries to gain altitude.
4. Almost five kilometres from airport, Concorde starts to roll and fall.
5. 1644 local time: Concorde crashes killing 109 on board and four on ground.
Source: Bureau Enquêtes-Accidents
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
- JohnDillworth
- Posts: 3104
- Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
I am so sorry. I have had to do this a few times. Seems unfair our pets have different lifespans than ourselves. I'd like to say today will be better, but it may take a bit for things to get back to something close to normal. all the best
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
Ahh...
And on a sidenote (from Wikipedia)...
Leo "Apollo11"
Ahh...
Russian satellites fail to enter orbit after launch
Three Russian satellites have failed to enter orbit after they were launched on a rocket from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
One Russian aerospace source said the carrier rocket veered off course after launch:
Russian aerospace experts said the satellites and the upper stage rocket carrying them probably fell into the Pacific Ocean near Hawaii.
Officials said the satellites went off course after separating with a booster rocket from the main launch rocket.
The satellites were to be part of a navigation system meant to rival GPS.
They were being carried on a Proton-M rocket launched earlier on Sunday.
A source in Russia's aerospace industry told Ria-Novosti news agency that the rocket had veered off course by eight degrees after its launch.
Russia has already successfully launched a number of the Glonass satellites this year. The navigation system is meant to be in place next year.
And on a sidenote (from Wikipedia)...
Suggested requirement for imported GPS-capable products
On July 16, 2010, during a meeting with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Evtushenkov called for an import ban on all the GPS-capable devices unless these devices support Glonass as well. Vladimir Evtushenkov is currently a main shareholder of JFSC Sistema, which has major financial interests in GLONASS. Evtushenkov claimed that Russian authorities had already started negotiations with major vendors like Nokia, Siemens and Motorola. Vladimir Putin agreed that "It is good that our partners understand our need to protect our national interests and promote our product". According to Russian experts, it was possible that mobile devices like smartphones would be effectively banned as well. Some producers claimed that if additional expenses to add GLONASS were too high, they may consider turning off satnav feature in devices for Russian market to avoid import ban.
On August 11, 2010, Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov, who is in charge of GLONASS development, called for a 25% import duty on all GPS-capable devices unless they are compatible with GLONASS. The duty is proposed to be implemented from January 2011. Russian government believes this move would "stimulate international interest" in the system.
On October 27, 2010, Sergei Ivanov confirmed a plan to introduce a 25% import duty on all GPS-capable devices, including mobile phones, unless they are compatible with GLONASS. As well, the government is planning to force all car manufactures in Russia to make cars with GLONASS starting from 2011. This will affect all car makers, including foreign brands like Ford and Toyota, which have car assembling facilities in Russia.
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Sorry, mate. You did the humane thing, I hope that makes the grief easier. How's Mrs. DivePac doing?ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
May I suggest a great book "Cat Heaven"? It's sentimental to be sure, but I have heard very nice reviews from people who are dealing with such losses.

- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
I will have a shot of rum with you tonight, Des. [:(]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good Monday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
Apparently there is now an American version of Top Gear. Why cant we just leave other peoples' stuff alone? Its not like it will be anywhere near as good. [8|]
It seems to work the other way also. I watched a couple of episodes of Law and Order UK. It just isn't as good as Sam Waterson, Jerry Orbach and company were.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
I will have a shot of rum with you tonight, Des. [:(]
It is very difficult. We had the 16 year old Boston Terrier put to sleep 3 weeks ago. My thoughts are with you Des.[:(]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.

Lost a cat, once....I know what it is.
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
Are you suggesting that biting T causes a reaction similar to Insanity Wood?
Worse than that... it causes your hair to fall out and your skin to take on the appearance of burned leather. [;)]
Not to mention buck teeth and glaucoma. [X(]
I'd say that makes T a health hazard. [:D]
Don't forget the halito(e)sis!!!
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Fluffy's back!!![X(] Ack!!! No. I thought a peace treaty was signed. Where did I put the door key to my bunker!!!![X(][:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: gladiatt
ORIGINAL: DivePac88
Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.
Lost a cat, once....I know what it is.
Tough day, mate. Take solace in knowing that he was with you.
I had two cats (littermates) for seventeen years. One died while I was at work, the other died at two AM a couple of months later. He was in my arms and purring up until the last breath...
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
Dude, seriously? [8|]
1) Its reptiles like you that give the rest of us left-leaning folk a bad name.
2) Is your life really so pathetically empty that you come back under a different name 2 days after being kicked out for violating a pretty elastic forum policy? Not only that, but you come back with an avatar thats supposed to demonstrate to us how painful it is for you to look at the avatar of that other idiot who has the EU symbol crossed out? OK, you've made your point. Youre both douchebags. Would you please go away now?
Yes, my cousin will get his ordinal account re-opened again today if Erik maintain his November 29th decision, and in that case I will refrain from using this account. If I have any game related questions I usually just ask him and he post the questions with his own account. That makes this account pointless, I just made it as he informed me that his IP was blocked and his account suspended for a week. He bought a program to allow him to type in nearly any IP he like ect but I told him to instead mail Erik as it was the deal the two of them had made. So, if everything work's out as decided by Erik then you wont need to see me around. [:)][;)]
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Post-First-Gym-Session-In-Two-Months and Pre-Unadulterated-Agony Tithes.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.













