Hello

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: Hello

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Orm



Well, if you were 20 years younger and a women then I think I would ask you out for a cup of tea...

Although when I think about it... would you like a cup of tea? Freshly brewed? Perhaps a teacake as well?
Bizarre! I do not want to know any more.
You are also invited.


Hey, and Me!! I want some Swedish tea as well
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Hello

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Zap
ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch



Bizarre! I do not want to know any more.
You are also invited.


Hey, and Me!! I want some Swedish tea as well
But absolute, positively no lutefisk.
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33518
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Hello

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zap

ORIGINAL: Orm

Then we could discuss why HMS Warspite isn't the greatest ship ever built.


You Orm have quietly moved up with post counts no small accomplishment. But where did you post all those? Surely, not in General Discussions. Big question? did you pay someone off to get that number up?[;)]
Most of my posts have been in the MWIF forum, and the beta MWIF forum. And I do visit the thread from time to time.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33518
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Hello

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zap
ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch



Bizarre! I do not want to know any more.
You are also invited.


Hey, and Me!! I want some Swedish tea as well
You are of course invited as well. Although it is a bit to travel.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33518
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Hello

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Zap
ORIGINAL: Orm



You are also invited.


Hey, and Me!! I want some Swedish tea as well
But absolute, positively no lutefisk.
Of course there will be no lutefisk. What do you take me for? A barbarian? A true Gentleman would offer you some surströmming.

After all, the surströmming season has just begun, and Sweden has an exception to the ban on the dish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Hello

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Zap




Hey, and Me!! I want some Swedish tea as well
But absolute, positively no lutefisk.
Of course there will be no lutefisk. What do you take me for? A barbarian? A true Gentleman would offer you some surströmming.

After all, the surströmming season has just begun, and Sweden has an exception to the ban on the dish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming
I will be delighted to attend; and I will bring some of Philly's finest cuisine: scrapple.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Hello

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch



But absolute, positively no lutefisk.
Of course there will be no lutefisk. What do you take me for? A barbarian? A true Gentleman would offer you some surströmming.

After all, the surströmming season has just begun, and Sweden has an exception to the ban on the dish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming
I will be delighted to attend; and I will bring some of Philly's finest cuisine: scrapple

I could bring blood sausage AND lutefisk!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: Hello

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Zap




Hey, and Me!! I want some Swedish tea as well
But absolute, positively no lutefisk.
Of course there will be no lutefisk. What do you take me for? A barbarian? A true Gentleman would offer you some surströmming.

After all, the surströmming season has just begun, and Sweden has an exception to the ban on the dish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming


I've sworn off air flight, boat would be too long a trip. So maybe a picture of surströmming.
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Hello

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zovs




Well good luck and happy posting lol

Warspite LarryF and a couple of others have 25K in posts...
warspite1

25k!!!! How very dare you!!!! I laugh in the face of newbs with but 25k posts to their name. Why you've got my dander up with that sir!! If only I were 20 years younger.... and a woman. Er wait, what?
Well, if you were 20 years younger and a women then I think I would ask you out for a cup of tea...

Although when I think about it... would you like a cup of tea? Freshly brewed? Perhaps a teacake as well?
warspite1

Mmmm luvvveerllly, I'll be on the next flight to Stockholm.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Hello

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Orm

Then we could discuss why HMS Warspite isn't the greatest ship ever built.
I have often wondered why Warspite didn't end the war (either one) by sailing off the German coast and lobbing of few of her lethal 15" shells at Berlin.
warspite1

Sadly by April 1945 HMS Warspite would have trouble sailing round the Isle of Wight let alone sailing to the Baltic......[:(]

After extensive, valiant service in two World Wars her body was shot, her machinery was capable of about 15 knots if that, and one of her turrets was broken, never to be repaired.

This truly magnificent warship had done her bit for King, Country and the senior service. She'd seen action everywhere - Jutland, Narvik, Norway, Calabria, the Mediterranean, Malta Convoys, Matapan, Crete, Sicily, Salerno, The English Channel, Normandy, Biscay and Walcheren. She'd been mined, bombed, shelled, taken a glider bomb at Salerno and had countless near misses. She sunk or badly damaged battleships, cruisers, destroyers and submarines. She supported convoys, troops ashore and major amphibious landings. Frankly she deserved a bit of a rest.

Sadly, after WWII Britain was broke and no one had the foresight to keep her for future restoration and a long comfortable retirement as a museum ship [:-]

What a lady [&o]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
MrRoadrunner
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:25 pm

RE: Hello

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I will be delighted to attend; and I will bring some of Philly's finest cuisine: scrapple.

I do not think that this crew could enjoy such a delicacy.
Scrapple is not for the faint of heart.

Marylee might come back for the scrapple. [;)]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Hello

Post by RangerJoe »

It depends upon what the scrapple is made from. Of course, chitlins could also be brought.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

RE: Hello

Post by Zovs »

Yuck!
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Hello

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

It depends upon what the scrapple is made from. Of course, chitlins could also be brought.
Scrapple has been compared to haggis. I'm not sure which one is being dissed...
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

RE: Hello

Post by Zovs »

Interesting bit on the HMS Warspite
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

RE: Hello

Post by Zovs »

I'll stick to granola, oat meal and spam
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Hello

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Zovs

I'll stick to granola, oat meal and spam
1 out of 3 ain't bad.
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Hello

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Interesting bit on the HMS Warspite
warspite1

She had a tongue like an electric eel and she liked the taste of a man's tonsils.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Hello

Post by RangerJoe »

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Interesting bit on the HMS Warspite

warspite1

She had a tongue like an electric eel and she liked the taste of a man's tonsils.

Did she like the tonsil stones?
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

RE: Hello

Post by Zovs »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Interesting bit on the HMS Warspite
warspite1

She had a tongue like an electric eel and she liked the taste of a man's tonsils.

Leaves the room quietly, scratching head in disbelief and wondering...
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”