New war movies....

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

msaario
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 22, 2002 2:21 pm
Location: Back in E U R O P A

Post by msaario »

Originally posted by Escaam
On that point I did really started wonder about opinons about Black Hawk down, haven seen anyone to mention that one, if leave alone politics and some of inaccuracies on story telling/technical points, I have to say combat scenes looked quite good.
I just saw the Black Hawk Down about two weeks ago and I was surprised as I actually liked the movie alot. At times, it looked so much like Gladiator (also from Ridley Scott) as the style was very similar.

Despite the super-americans - for me at least - the flick was very enjoyable, perhaps because I don't like those "skinnies" myself that much. We have our own Mogadishu Avenue in Helsinki-area and you can guess why it's called that...

--Mikko
Jacc
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Viikki Imperium
Contact:

Post by Jacc »

Read the book!
And visit Viva (which actually is no more) or Kompassi at friday evening, 11 o'clock. :D
Pain is for the weak.
User avatar
Jeff Norton
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: MD, USA (You're not cleared for specifics...)
Contact:

Post by Jeff Norton »

By far, The Bridge (Die Brucke - sorry, my german is lousy after 7 years of absense....), Winter War, Sgt York, Blackhawk Down, Ran, and Dr Strangelove hold a grand psotion in my vid collection.

Ryan, Braveheart, and Gladiator are there too.

There are some more (mostly Japanese B/W Toshiro fiims), but I'm too tired tonite....
-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite
Image
User avatar
wulfir
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Sweden

Post by wulfir »

Speaking of new war movies, there are rumors about two new Finnish war movies in the making; one about JR 61 at Svir and Tienhaara and the other about JR 13 at Tali - Ihantala 1944.

If it's true, I'll never say another bad word about my eastern neighbours. Ever. ;)
Semper in Primis
billy019
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 am
Contact:

RE: Re: Re: Re: New war movies....

Post by billy019 »

New war movies....

 
Latest new upcoming war movies are:

1. Dambusters
2. Panzer 88
3. Lone Survivor
4. 17 Days Of Winter
5. Risk
Josh
Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Leeuwarden, Netherlands

RE: Re: Re: Re: New war movies....

Post by Josh »

[:@] /reported, digging up a *10* year old thread so a spammer can spam.
User avatar
Perturabo
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:32 pm
Contact:

RE: Re: Re: Re: New war movies....

Post by Perturabo »

Westfront 1918 was pretty great.
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Re: Re: Re: New war movies....

Post by warspite1 »

10 years ago eh? Well I for one am looking forward to the next Michael Bey project - I think it's called Pearl Harbor and it's going to be really realistic and everything! [8|]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”