Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
Moderator: maddog986
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
Just finished a 4 hour session glued to the screen.
the absolute joy of coordinating a perfect combined forces assault is like nothing else!
the absolute joy of coordinating a perfect combined forces assault is like nothing else!
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
I'm interested in this title but what holds me back is the complicated patching process. I'm the best
when it comes to computer illiteracy. My experience in the past with other titles with patches or add-ons
like this has not been good. So, until the process becomes simpler I will have to pass.
when it comes to computer illiteracy. My experience in the past with other titles with patches or add-ons
like this has not been good. So, until the process becomes simpler I will have to pass.
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
ORIGINAL: Zap
I'm interested in this title but what holds me back is the complicated patching process. I'm the best
when it comes to computer illiteracy. My experience in the past with other titles with patches or add-ons
like this has not been good. So, until the process becomes simpler I will have to pass.
please dont let that put you off this great game. Its not complicsted and many of us will help you out.
for £14 you cannot go wrong.
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
You could wait for another sale. Waiting for a simple patching might be a bit longer [;)]
I just installed Shield of Prophet no problem. We'll see how the Germans do against Chieftain tanks [:)]
I just installed Shield of Prophet no problem. We'll see how the Germans do against Chieftain tanks [:)]
- Missouri_Rebel
- Posts: 3062
- Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:12 pm
- Location: Southern Missouri
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
ORIGINAL: flibby
ORIGINAL: Zap
I'm interested in this title but what holds me back is the complicated patching process. I'm the best
when it comes to computer illiteracy. My experience in the past with other titles with patches or add-ons
like this has not been good. So, until the process becomes simpler I will have to pass.
please dont let that put you off this great game. Its not complicsted and many of us will help you out.
for £14 you cannot go wrong.
+1 With my detailed instructions, anyone can do it. Even me.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
- Missouri_Rebel
- Posts: 3062
- Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:12 pm
- Location: Southern Missouri
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
Zoomed in action of a follow up shot against a lumbering giant. You can see it threw one of its tracks before finally being taken out. 2 crew members from the AT gun were killed and the tanks surviving crew members seek cover in order to fight back.


**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
It means that you're getting much more than you're paying for, that's all. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy these games. I'm saying that you shouldn't compare the price of games made by Ukrainians with prices of games made by Australians.ORIGINAL: flibby
Are you serious?
When did this become a discussion about the developed or un-developed world? Do you ensure that you only buy clothing that is made in the west? In addition, i hardly consider the Ukraine to be a 'developing country' such as India/Bangladesh etc.
Ukraine has much lesser minimal wage than Australia and much less average income. Average monthly disposable income in Australia is 9x higher than in Ukraine and even taking in account much higher prices of everything in Australia, local buying power is 2,5x higher.
Well, then point me to all these modern continuous time operational wargames that focus on good AI and command & control that I can buy for less.ORIGINAL: flibby
It's all rather irrelevant. $100 for a computer game is expensive going by the 'norms' of my wargaming heritage which extends back a good way, thank you.
The main advantage is the AI and the ability to give commands to large units like divisions or regiments and expect them to give reasonable orders to their sub-units.ORIGINAL: flibby
It would perhaps be helpful if you compared some elements of the game v Command Ops and said why you believe Command ops is so much better.
AFAIK the AI is the most difficult part of game development.
3D graphics engine? For what? For a game where you can deploy a whole corps?ORIGINAL: flibby
Whilst abstract games are great, i feel that if the ultimate aim of command ops is NOT to take advantage of modern advances, and implement a 3d graphics engine, then it is missing a huge trick.
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
This is a really weird comparison, the games aren't like for like.
The obvious contrast would be Achtung Panzer vs Combat Mission (Normandy or Afrika Corps). There I'd say that Achtung is much prettier but Combat Mission by far the better game.
The obvious contrast would be Achtung Panzer vs Combat Mission (Normandy or Afrika Corps). There I'd say that Achtung is much prettier but Combat Mission by far the better game.
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
hello,Im finally home and tried this last night.The base game installed correctly.Now I ran into problems,I did step 3 before downloading both of items.It seems to be a problem if the installer is open and waiting for the GTOS to finish downloading.Now the base game will not open.I will re-download now.ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel
Installing and Updating Achtung Panzer Operation Star, Matrix Retail Version
1) Install your base game. It should install to C:Matrix Games/Achtung Panzer Operation Star by default. If not change it to there as you do not want to install to Program Files. Leave all items checked through install process.
2) Run game. Version should be 5.77 (1575) on upper right of main menu screen. Exit the game.
3) Download the Core Update file named gtos_cu_581c1_eng <----- Link
4) Download the newest patch named gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2extension <----- Link
5) Run the Core Update file (gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe) and install it to where you installed the game i.e. in the C: Matrix Games/ Operation Star folder. Do not install to the default Program Files. Leave all boxes checked. The Game Updater screen will open.
6) In the Game Updater screen click the Install button. Browse to find your patch file gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2extension and click it. You should now see in the Game Updater screen that your game is now updated to version 4.09.
7) Click Save and Play. It will be Version: 5.81 (2170) Update: aug.13 in the main menu.
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
When installer opens,I try to open gtos patch dec 13,end and when click open it goes to a file called core,when I open that 3 0r 4 different folders appear??What am I doing wrong?
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
Been awhile since i did this i'll see if i can help. The core is the engine update the patch is the content. From the base game run the core update, it's a self installer just run it and point it to the right directory. Make sure its the right directory, sometimes the default directory is wrong. After the core is installed open the game and go to update on the main menu. Click on it and point it to your patch file and install it. A clock should pop up as the patch installs, when done just click save and play and then check the version in game upper right to see if your golden i'll go check my install and post a screenshot, i believe im up to date.Hope this helps.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
The core is a self installer, just make sure its pointed at your apos directory. These shots are for installing a patch, install patch right after running the core update.


- Attachments
-
- ScreenShot021vert.jpg (320.79 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
don't forget to hit save and play when done.[;)] hope you get it up and running.
Here's how Graviteam explains it.
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11099.0
links to latest core and patch also. One thing i did read is if your copy is from GG and you just downloaded it, the core is already up to date and all you need is the patch. Did you just download and install from GG?
Here's how Graviteam explains it.
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11099.0
links to latest core and patch also. One thing i did read is if your copy is from GG and you just downloaded it, the core is already up to date and all you need is the patch. Did you just download and install from GG?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
I downloaded and ran the 581,the updater opened,I click on latest patch,opens but doesn't install.Now when I try to run base game,wont start.I uninstalled and am redownloading now.I did this before,when released,first patch.
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
don't know if you saw the edit above. Is your download from GG?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
No,its Matrix version,when I download it runs,but as soon as I install 581,wont run,I do install in correct folder c:/matrix games/actung panzer operation star.Maybe I will just purchase the GG version.I ill give it one more try.
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
you shouldnt have to re-buy it. Here's a link with someone else having success patch matrix purchase.
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11420.0
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11420.0
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
Thanks,it did install corctly to 581 yesterday,but when attempt patch,wont run,today reinstalled and wont run when I attempt to install 581
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
could try this method.
try installing base game, running core update, rebooting PC and then installing patch from the main menu updater prompt. Might be worth a shot.
try installing base game, running core update, rebooting PC and then installing patch from the main menu updater prompt. Might be worth a shot.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops
ok,I believe that's what I did with first patch long time ago


