Online Database Viewer

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

PaulWRoberts
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Hi Baloogan!

I'm having trouble getting General Staff to work. I started it up, and it asked me for the database (DB3000 or not) and to identify the Command.exe folder, which I did. The General Staff windows are empty, however, and they don't update even after I've run a scenario for a while.

What have I done wrong?
RoryAndersonCDT
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Ah, I've run into that myself; I think its due to General Staff not being updated in quite some time. I think it tries to figure out what side you are playing and then filters its results from there.

Could you upload your autosaves and I'll take a look next time I'm looking under the hood of general staff? Thanks [:D]
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
PaulWRoberts
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by PaulWRoberts »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan

Ah, I've run into that myself; I think its due to General Staff not being updated in quite some time. I think it tries to figure out what side you are playing and then filters its results from there.

Could you upload your autosaves and I'll take a look next time I'm looking under the hood of general staff? Thanks [:D]

OK--Here are some autosaves. I ran this scenario for several minutes with General Staff running alongside, but the data never moved across.
Attachments
Autosaves.zip
(511.95 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
RoryAndersonCDT
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Thanks, found the bug. Fun running across a bug entirely caused by my own laziness. [:D]

I'll have this patched in a few hours, I'll post when its fixed.

While I'm working on general staff is there any feature you would like to see?
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
PaulWRoberts
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Wow--I'm glad I could help. What a great response!

I haven't spent any time in General Staff yet, so I have no suggestions for improvement.

Thanks for your excellent work on this! I'm learning a lot from your videos as well.
RoryAndersonCDT
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Fixed, please let me know if it works! It should automaticly update. [:)]
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
PaulWRoberts
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by PaulWRoberts »

It updated!

However, I still feel sure I'm doing something wrong:

1) When I start GenStaff just after starting a new scenario, it reads the data from the autosaves that already exist, and these are from a scenario I played yesterday. So, for example, I've begun playing "Downtown," but I'm seeing a ship list from a UK ASW exercise scenario. Is there any way to tell GenStaff to clear the data and start fresh?

2) Just now I closed GenStaff and (with my Vietnam scenario still running) started it up again. The database Lookup and Aircraft Group lists are empty even after a few minutes.

More autosaves attached.
Attachments
MoreAutosaves.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
RoryAndersonCDT
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Think I might have fixed it now. [:D]



edit: Thanks for the autosaves, I wouldn't have been able to fix it without them
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
PaulWRoberts
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by PaulWRoberts »

It appears to be working for me now. Thank you for the great application!
RoryAndersonCDT
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index. ... rioListing

I have an online listing of all the scenarios, complete with download links available http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index. ... rioListing here!

Plus in the chat room at https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan I have a bot which can search through the scenarios given a search string!
Image

Also available in the chat room is a platform search as well!
Image



Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
RoryAndersonCDT
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm

RE: Online Database Viewer

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

coldmeter just came on the chatroom and requested a type index!

Take a look here! http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/TypeListing
Image

Specifically the capability to search for all electronic warfare aircraft was requested: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index. ... ft&ID=4001 [:D]

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”