New 2 X 2 game

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

User avatar
Barthheart
Posts: 3080
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Nepean, Ontario

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Barthheart »

Turn sent. Not too much left alive to do very much with.[8|]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Turn is up...

Geez, this one was logistics hell ;)

CharonJr
User avatar
mavraamides
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:25 pm

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by mavraamides »

On its way...
Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

Finished my turn. Come on USA! [:D]
User avatar
Barthheart
Posts: 3080
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Nepean, Ontario

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Barthheart »

Turn sent.

Never thought I'd hear myself saying this but: USA! USA! USA! Yeah Team! [:D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Hmm, I'd prefer an additional F42 turn... ;)

Will take a look once I get home.

CharonJr
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

After careful consideration the OKW decided to only conduct limited offensives during the winter. The persons responsible for having delayed the winter-uniforms for the Heer will be put on trail ;)

Our Wolfpacks are prowling the seas looking for enemy shipping...

Turn is up... ;)

CharonJr
Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

Received the PBEM and sent my turn on. The Red Army continues to retake Siberia. Our agents report that the Japanese soldiers complained it was too cold and have headed for warmer climes. [8D] Other than that, a quiet turn.
User avatar
Barthheart
Posts: 3080
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Nepean, Ontario

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Barthheart »

Sorry for the delay guys. I've sent my turn now. Finally USA is in the game.[&o]

I'm going to be travelling starting thursday, May 19, so my turns might be kind of slow until the following Friday, May 27. Sorry but work must come first so I can pay the bills to play this game.[X(]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

No problem, real life always comes first :)

Turn is up...

Coming to think about your travels and my vacation starting on the 23rd we should call this "do or die" time now ;)

CharonJr
Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

Sent my turn on to Barthheart. That was a close one - next turn should be interesting......
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Let me put it this way, if you even got a turn we are screwed... ;)

CharonJr
Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

You were one shy of the auto-victory. Although I took a few resources from you - and the WA will probably do the same - I actually think you still have a pretty good chance of getting it over the next turn. And - I'm happy to play it out. You guys have a great chance of holding out and getting victory in '46!
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Hehe, I was pretty sure that we had this one turned around, with 83/86 ressources and some ressources already partially repaired I was sure that we could get/repair 7 more ressources as Japan ;)

Oh well, obviously overconfident [:D]

CharonJr

PS: My problem is that I will go on a 3 week vacation (actually 2 vacations with a 2 day work-break [;)]) starting on the 23rd, I am not sure if we should continue. But if you guys want to wait or want me to give the password to Gordianknot this would be fine with me, too. But I doubt we will be able to put up a decent defense.
User avatar
mavraamides
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:25 pm

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by mavraamides »

I have no problem calling it a game. We clearly lost because of the early attack
by me on Russia and have not been able to recover. Although, I think we gave it
a good run!
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

I should have taken into account that you might not be able to repair those 7 ressources and repaired one ressource and one factory less. With those additional 20 ressources and some reshuffeling of units I might have put up a decent defence and we might have had another chance next turn.

But without supplies it is kinda hard ;)

Well, bet the farm and lost it ;)

CharonJr
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents Wanted”