[:D] To each their own, sir...ORIGINAL: gladiatt
Open the door
Get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur........
THE THREAD!!!
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!

- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Does the Frenchman have to misspell 'honor' on his field too? [:'(]ORIGINAL: sprior
ORIGINAL: gladiatt
ORIGINAL: sprior
Don't worry, trying to hit someone 20 paces away with a lawn chair will make you feel better.
Are we allowed to throw to duelist the glass with the cocktail and paper umbrella also [;)][:D]
Only after draining the contents.
Here's a fully loaded lawn chair on the field of honour:
![]()

RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
Lima beans are kind of nasty also.
Don't care much for collard greens or okra either.......................
How about this?

- Attachments
-
- TacticalBacon.jpg (83.25 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Nothing wrong with Wisconsin Brie, mate. Perhaps your taste buds have been worn flat by drinking too much warm beer? [:'(]ORIGINAL: sprior
At least now , our Food Tradition entered Unesco Immaterial Patrimoine.
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.

- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Not sure. There's some lovely Danish Blues out there...ORIGINAL: gladiatt
ORIGINAL: sprior
At least now , our Food Tradition entered Unesco Immaterial Patrimoine.
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.
[:-] i won't ! I reall y like our cheese, no others country can make something as tasty as our's (and i've already tried many).
And now, really leaving..........

- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
I once had sticky toffee pudding. It followed a bout of Salmonellosis, I think. Smelled about the same as well.ORIGINAL: sprior
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: sprior
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.
Anything's better than English food...[:'(]
No sticky toffee pudding for you.

- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Dixie! You! Need! More! Exclamation! Marks! In! Your! Posts! [:D]ORIGINAL: Dixie
ORIGINAL: gladiatt
ORIGINAL: sprior
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.
[:-] i won't ! I reall y like our cheese, no others country can make something as tasty as our's (and i've already tried many).
And now, really leaving..........
You'll love America though, they've got cheese (prepare to have your mind blown!) that comes in a spray can!
C'est incredible! Or was that inedible? I forget.

RE: THE THREAD!!!
I'm not so sure about that, Bro. There's a couple Wensleydales that can nudge a bleu d'auvergne. And a good Caerphilly with a good Port is to die for.ORIGINAL: gladiatt[:-] i won't ! I reall y like our cheese, no others country can make something as tasty as our's (and i've already tried many).ORIGINAL: spriorFrench food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.At least now , our Food Tradition entered Unesco Immaterial Patrimoine.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Watching The Sign Of Four with Jeremy Brett
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: scott1964
Watching The Sign Of Four with Jeremy Brett
I didn't know you knew him that well.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
We are best buddies [:'(][:)]ORIGINAL: sprior
ORIGINAL: scott1964
Watching The Sign Of Four with Jeremy Brett
I didn't know you knew him that well.
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
-
anarchyintheuk
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart
ORIGINAL: sprior
I bought the computer game when it came out but never got round to installing it. How does it play against the AI or does CoG do a better job?ORIGINAL: Grollub
I have the board game and bought the computer game when it was released. Haven't played it for a year(+) though. Was there anything particular you wanted to ask about?
i'm currently in two PBEM games on the latest version. i played against the AI just to learn the ropes, but it won't give you very much challenge once you learn the mechanics. where it really shines is with human opponents (not much surprise). the diplomacy is intriguing and the battles tense. there are minor glitches from time to time (eg, a minor coutry corps counter won't respond to it's rightful controller, etc) but these are typically handled in a very timely manner by the matrix team. as a side note, it is NOT an exact port of the original board game. the map is slightly different with more provinces and the naval game is a bit different (heavy and light ships added, IIRC).
bottom line, if you are willing to give it a go with a PBEM opponent i say give it a go...otherwise, it might not live up to your expectations...and of course, YMMV.
The game is in far better shape than when it first came out. AI better, less bugs, etc. As an example, if you're playing France once you get the first country conquered the AI gets more and more confused and you and lets you set up a rotation (although I've seen board game players do that as well).
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Dixie! You! Need! More! Exclamation! Marks! In! Your! Posts! [:D]ORIGINAL: Dixie
ORIGINAL: gladiatt
[:-] i won't ! I reall y like our cheese, no others country can make something as tasty as our's (and i've already tried many).
And now, really leaving..........
You'll love America though, they've got cheese (prepare to have your mind blown!) that comes in a spray can!
C'est incredible! Or was that inedible? I forget.
I had some punctuation left over from this year's quota. I thought I'd use some of it up in the Thread. [:)]
[center]
Bigger boys stole my sig

Bigger boys stole my sig
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: THE THREAD!!!
You'd better. Otherwise you'll get a reduced amount next year.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Weekend liberty - Tithe. [&o][8D]

Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- ChickenOfTheSea
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:38 pm
- Location: Virginia
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: sprior
At least now , our Food Tradition entered Unesco Immaterial Patrimoine.
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.
But has a Frenchman ever experienced a box of Velveeta and a bottle of Ripple. That is an American experience that can never be forgotten.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
-
anarchyintheuk
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea
ORIGINAL: sprior
At least now , our Food Tradition entered Unesco Immaterial Patrimoine.
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.
But has a Frenchman ever experienced a box of Velveeta and a bottle of Ripple. That is an American experience that can never be forgotten.
Velveeta + jalapenos + chips = bastardized nachos (tasty). Don't know about the Ripple tho, still have long ago memories of MD20/20 and Boone's Farm. Not good memories mind you.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
Zssssssssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]
Leo "Apollo11"
Zssssssssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Just got the annual Christmas gift from the hospital. I'd have liked to get some money for a new copier for my department instead. The one we have is Paleolithic...[:@]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good night gents [>:][>:][>:]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"










