THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

1-3 inches? 1-3 piddling inches? Yeah, I'll laugh at that.

HA-HA!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Wargamers don't get old, they just get crusty.

Then maybe they'll need some sort of lotion.[:'(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

In the immortal words of Mr. Cohen, "It's closin' time"...[8D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


Been reading the 'tutorial' thread in the War Room on the WitE forum. Nice looking game. Interface looks well-designed.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

Outside my price range for the near future.  I probably would like it, but the Eastern Front isn't a major area of interest for me so spending a big wedge like that is a no-go for the near future.  Maybe one day that'll change.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


Same here. Now WitW with that game system.....yes sir. Maybe even an African theater one as well.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16765
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: USS America

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]

Lucky you. I'm counting down the days. Next Thursday is my last day...... for a month. [:D] I have a week off then head to Virginia for 2 weeks. Home for the weekend and another week in DC. Then I'll have to go back to work. [8|]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16765
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Been reading the 'tutorial' thread in the War Room on the WitE forum. Nice looking game. Interface looks well-designed.

Yeah, I aggree Mynok. I'm still on the fence (due to the price) but the Eastern Front is a definite interest of mine. My opponent got it and wants me to get it so we can start a PBEM. My wife would kill me though. I already spend enough time on the computer doing AE turns. I usually spend 2-3 hours per turn. I didn't realize it takes me that long for a turn.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16765
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Same here. Now WitW with that game system.....yes sir. Maybe even an African theater one as well.

For me, the North African campaign is a close second to the Pacific campaign. I can't wait for that one.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25459
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Time to go home after work tithe...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Been reading the 'tutorial' thread in the War Room on the WitE forum. Nice looking game. Interface looks well-designed.

It is. Far better GUI than AE, though both get the job done.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: USS America

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]
You have to 'work from home' next Monday and Tuesday? Dude, that sucks. [:'(]

I'm done with this whole 'work thing' for the year come Friday night.

We're supposed to get 3-6" oh, right about rush hour today. May be adviseable for me to 'work from home' starting at about 3pm...

Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Grollub

HTC Desire tithe
DROID!
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: USS America

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]

My son has already been told, if that happens, to not go work[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: USS America

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]
You have to 'work from home' next Monday and Tuesday? Dude, that sucks. [:'(]

I'm done with this whole 'work thing' for the year come Friday night.

We're supposed to get 3-6" oh, right about rush hour today. May be adviseable for me to 'work from home' starting at about 3pm...


Where you live 3 to 6 inches is nothing I tell you nothing[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Same here. Now WitW with that game system.....yes sir. Maybe even an African theater one as well.

For me, the North African campaign is a close second to the Pacific campaign. I can't wait for that one.

I would buy War in the West
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

Keep an eye out for Nik[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good point, Bruce....
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”