THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

PDP! 
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Well, shouldn't you (Bruce) finish out the page?
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Mike, note the time stamps of our posts. Don't recall seeing another tie before. [:D]
Image
User avatar
radar
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:58 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by radar »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: USS America

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]

Lucky you. I'm counting down the days. Next Thursday is my last day...... for a month. [:D] I have a week off then head to Virginia for 2 weeks. Home for the weekend and another week in DC. Then I'll have to go back to work. [8|]
Is there enough docking space for the Zuikaku in D.C.?
USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Well, shouldn't you (Bruce) finish out the page?

I can't eat and post at the same time[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Well, shouldn't you (Bruce) finish out the page?

I can't eat and post at the same time[:D]

Plus I had to go look at Mandrake and Sprior's AAR[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

I can't eat and post at the same time

Amateur
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Yeah, I aggree Mynok. I'm still on the fence (due to the price) but the Eastern Front is a definite interest of mine. My opponent got it and wants me to get it so we can start a PBEM. My wife would kill me though. I already spend enough time on the computer doing AE turns. I usually spend 2-3 hours per turn. I didn't realize it takes me that long for a turn.

Returning to the Eastern Front would make a nice change of pace for one tired of the at times clumsy land system in WitP/AE. A nice conventional land engine (+ a beautiful map) is an attraction indeed. I tried a couple times to fire up old War in Russia but at this point it was just too old and outdated
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: sprior
I can't eat and post at the same time

Amateur

I only have one good hand. I have to prioritize[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

Netting a subject line reset[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Yeah, I aggree Mynok. I'm still on the fence (due to the price) but the Eastern Front is a definite interest of mine. My opponent got it and wants me to get it so we can start a PBEM. My wife would kill me though. I already spend enough time on the computer doing AE turns. I usually spend 2-3 hours per turn. I didn't realize it takes me that long for a turn.

Returning to the Eastern Front would make a nice change of pace for one tired of the at times clumsy land system in WitP/AE. A nice conventional land engine (+ a beautiful map) is an attraction indeed. I tried a couple times to fire up old War in Russia but at this point it was just too old and outdated

It's a small thing, but I think my favourite aspect of WitE is the ability to attach support units to divisions. It's so simple and so obvious, but so brilliant.

Oh, and Severe Inconvenience To Log!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

inconvenience is having to take care of two pitbulls.


You at best....represent an irritation, easily scratched. [:)]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16765
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: radar

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: USS America

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]

Lucky you. I'm counting down the days. Next Thursday is my last day...... for a month. [:D] I have a week off then head to Virginia for 2 weeks. Home for the weekend and another week in DC. Then I'll have to go back to work. [8|]
Is there enough docking space for the Zuikaku in D.C.?

Absolutely! It might make the natives restless though...... [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
ChickenOfTheSea
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Virginia

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by ChickenOfTheSea »

ORIGINAL: USS America

This could be my last day in the office for the year.  The forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and ice tomorrow morning.  Plenty of you would laugh at that, but down here, there is very little equipment to keep the roads safe, so that's enough to cancel school.  That, of course, means I need to work from home.  [:)]

I'm on vacation Friday, and already planning to work from home next Monday and Tuesday before vacation the rest of the year.  Can you tell I'm excited? [:D]

I'm with you on this one. We are expecting 2-5" in Richmond. When people ask me why a midwesterner like me won't drive in the snow here, I tell them "It's not the snow. It's the southern drivers trying to drive in snow that I am avoiding."[:D][:D]
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

inconvenience is having to take care of two pitbulls.


You at best....represent an irritation, easily scratched. [:)]

Well, that's your inconvenience, then. I win![:'(] Any more additions to Mini-Bull's List O' Devastation?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

And To All, A Good Night![>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

Been away for a couple of days, hence the Android tithe.

Home sweet home. [:)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Been reading the 'tutorial' thread in the War Room on the WitE forum. Nice looking game. Interface looks well-designed.

Yeah, I aggree Mynok. I'm still on the fence (due to the price) but the Eastern Front is a definite interest of mine. My opponent got it and wants me to get it so we can start a PBEM. My wife would kill me though. I already spend enough time on the computer doing AE turns. I usually spend 2-3 hours per turn. I didn't realize it takes me that long for a turn.

Seems we're in the same time span. Time flies away when you're having fun [:D]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Terminus
Well, that's your inconvenience, then. I win![:'(] Any more additions to Mini-Bull's List O' Devastation?

My legs.

almost needed to be amputated this morning as when my alarm went off i found one Pitbull asleep on each, effectively cutting off all circulation.

anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by anarchyintheuk »

They're starting to coordinate their actions. This doesn't bode well for you.
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”